REO CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertan72

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
İstanbul - TÜRKİYE
Removing the paint should not cause a short.

Your short is somewhere else. What is the actual resistance of your atomizer?

Not sure what the hot spring on the clone is rated at but I don't run mine lower than 1 ohm for that reason. The spring on the old Reos would collapse if the resistance was too low without being a dead short. The updated contacts on the genuine Reo will allow for sub-ohm atomizers, but not sure about the clone.

resistance 0,9ohm on rm2,someone mention about 510 connection can cause short.i will check again and raise the resistance,thanks for reply.

p.s. @ENAUD talked about dead short,i think same thing happened.with rm2 always short but when i use chalice the is no problem.rm2 510 pin shorter than chalice and i guess this cause short.
by the way,i love reos original or clone.clone quality very poor but only international shipping price for real reo is 50 usd :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ENAUD

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Removing the paint should not cause a short.

Your short is somewhere else. What is the actual resistance of your atomizer?

Not sure what the hot spring on the clone is rated at but I don't run mine lower than 1 ohm for that reason. The spring on the old Reos would collapse if the resistance was too low without being a dead short. The updated contacts on the genuine Reo will allow for sub-ohm atomizers, but not sure about the clone.

Mine is running at0.4ohm without any issues at the moment 2x28awg 3mm id 3and3/4 wraps dual coils

Reactions: thetrucker

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
resistance 0,9ohm on rm2,someone mention about 510 connection can cause short.i will check again and raise the resistance,thanks for reply.

p.s. @ENAUD talked about dead short,i think same thing happened.with rm2 always short but when i use chalice the is no problem.rm2 510 pin shorter than chalice and i guess this cause short.
by the way,i love reos original or clone.clone quality very poor but only international shipping price for real reo is 50 usd :(

Glad to see you got it sorted out and got your clone running with the fuse mod! I was wondering how long it would be before somebody ran into this.

Reactions: thetrucker

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
It's been a while...

Reo clone VS Smokeless Owl ?
I like them both,but the performance is much better with the Reo clone than the smokeless owl,plus it's metal so it will hold up better than the plastic.Really can't go wrong with either though.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
What can be done to the SOwl to make it better? I'm a tinkerker and have electronics skills.

(and by electronics skills, I mean I can solder without putting myself in the hospital.)
Not real sure.It has wiring,so i don't know if the small wires are the limiting factor or if it's something else.It's pretty good as is,but there is always room for improvement.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
It's been a while...

Reo clone VS Smokeless Owl ?

i know a few that have the smokeless owl , they were not too impressed with it.i do remember there some sort of issue with the negative contact on them

also,i got my hands on the atty that comes comes with it,,i ran it for about a week and then just trashed it !!! lots of clouds but almost no flavor at all ,but the glass section of it is real glass,idk if pyrex or not ??

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
What can be done to the SOwl to make it better? I'm a tinkerker and have electronics skills.

(and by electronics skills, I mean I can solder without putting myself in the hospital.)
If you can figure out a way to make the switch more consistent, that would be an improvement.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
i know a few that have the smokeless owl , they were not too impressed with it.i do remember there some sort of issue with the negative contact on them

also,i got my hands on the atty that comes comes with it,,i ran it for about a week and then just trashed it !!! lots of clouds but almost no flavor at all ,but the glass section of it is real glass,idk if pyrex or not ??
It's not really an issue with the negative contact,it's just really stiff.Instead of a traditional spring,it looks like a button with a spring inside of it,and it is fairly hard to push down when installing the battery.
That atty that comes with it is pretty bad haha.I don't see how you used it for a week,i put a build in it,juiced it up and used it for about 10 minutes before i shelved it.I pulled the little positive screw and was able to use it to bottom feed another atty though,so that wasn't a complete loss.I still use the smokeless mod from time to time though.

Reactions: Lessifer

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

Heavier wire for one.. at least the neg could stand to be thicker gauge. I haven't pulled the top of yet so don't know about the positive end and switch. The negative "spring" is bad, sticks, and I IT think is the cause of the fire issues. Again having not looked under the hood.

You want to get real creative regulation would be nice.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
So no 40-watt kicks? Hey somebody, there is an opportunity!
I never have understood why nobody has come out with a good higher powered kick,i would buy a couple quick if they would come out with at least a 30 watt that could handle down to .3 ohms or so.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I never have understood why nobody has come out with a good higher powered kick,i would buy a couple quick if they would come out with at least a 30 watt that could handle down to .3 ohms or so.
Well, for most mods you have to use an 18500 with a kick, so higher power just means even shorter vape time. Also, I think it was a particular type of vaper who was most interested in the kicks, and they don't usually need more than 15w. Not saying some wouldn't like higher wattage, but I just don't think the market is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread