REO CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
i decided to pick one of these reo clones up from angelcigs, from what i can tell it's the same as the other ones posted on here (same box and everything)...except mine didn't come with the grub screw to adjust the 510, and since angelcigs customer service is pretty non-existent, i guess it is what it is. this experience did however, make me want an authentic and will probably pick one up in the near future. i think i'm starting to understand the whole squonking thing lol.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
i decided to pick one of these reo clones up from angelcigs, from what i can tell it's the same as the other ones posted on here (same box and everything)...except mine didn't come with the grub screw to adjust the 510, and since angelcigs customer service is pretty non-existent, i guess it is what it is. this experience did however, make me want an authentic and will probably pick one up in the near future. i think i'm starting to understand the whole squonking thing lol.

the positive pin off of a smokeless owl atty will most likely fit

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
Are you sure it's not in the connector?Mine did not look like it was there,but when i stuck the allen key in,it was there,just turned way down inside the post.

oh wow thanks for the tip. mine was all the way in there and upside down so the allen key wasn't fitting in the hole. i managed to get it out with a smaller flat head. now that i have that sorted, all in all it's not bad for what i paid for it. wasn't afraid to take a hand file and turn it into an LP and definitely won't be upset if i drop and chip the paint on it. now to get more bf rdas for my collection

Reactions: Lessifer

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Haha,yeah quality control doesn't do a very good job of making sure things go in correctly haha,but glad to hear it was in there.
Yeah,i used mine stock for about a week and then decided to lp it,and it's so much better being able to use any atty on it instead of being limited to the 14mm stuff.

Reactions: Lessifer

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
FYI: angelcigs has very good Customer Service.
Just email them if you have a problem.

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
Interesting.
I've used them dozens of times.
Always prompt with replies, and quick to solve an issue.

Yeah I know others say they get good communications from them as well. Not gonna lie, I was willing to risk it since they always shipped fast to me and its not a huge investment. I got the issue sorted anyway so I'm pretty pleased overall.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just placed order for a Reo Clone. I had tried quite a number of MOD, but never have a mech mod.

I'm looking for advice on how to safely use it.

What can you do if the vape is too hot ?
As far as safety,the main thing is to make sure you have a good quality high amp battery.I use Samsung 25r batteries,but Sony vtc4 and vtc5 are also very good.There are others as well that good.Other than that,when you build your atty,check it first on an ohm meter or on a regulated mod so you can make sure the coils aren't shorting out on anything.
As for if it's too hot,about the only way to solve that on a mech,is build different coils with higher ohms.Say you build a set at .5 and it's too hot,then try building another set at say .8 or 1 ohm until you find what you like.

Reactions: JohnnyDill

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
As far as safety,the main thing is to make sure you have a good quality high amp battery.I use Samsung 25r batteries,but Sony vtc4 and vtc5 are also very good.There are others as well that good.Other than that,when you build your atty,check it first on an ohm meter or on a regulated mod so you can make sure the coils aren't shorting out on anything.
As for if it's too hot,about the only way to solve that on a mech,is build different coils with higher ohms.Say you build a set at .5 and it's too hot,then try building another set at say .8 or 1 ohm until you find what you like.

One of the Provari guys told me this morning I'm being dangerous using a flat top in my Reos, lol! I had best contact Rob immediately! Mine must be defective since its working correctly.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
One of the Provari guys told me this morning I'm being dangerous using a flat top in my Reos, lol! I had best contact Rob immediately! Mine must be defective since its working correctly.
Haha,yeah i guess all of us using flat tops in a mech are just daredevils living on the edge haha.

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread