nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
What will be recommended for the new batch of woodvils soon to be on sale

This run of Mechanical Woodvil's will be the first totally LP with no catch cup. They will be able to run any size rba. All set with the new 510 that can adjust as needed too!

Reactions: BENTHOS

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
I've been out of the loop for awhile but In the market for a new Rba for my non lp Reo grand. On the chart (on the previous page) I didn't see a column for regular Reo grand and separate column for LP grand. The check marks on the chart under "grand" does that mean it will fit the old style regular reo grand by chance or is that chart only good for lp grandes?

The few atomizers I've researched have been quite pricey (to me) other than the A7. I've been pretty content with the RM2 that I have been using for awhile but ::::::::

My "dreAm" atty I would want in order of preference would be an atty (not sure it exists) that fills the juice at a higher point than coming thru right from the bottom (if that makes sense). Next preference would be airflow control. Final preference would be 3 or more posts instead of just the 2 in the RM2. Any ideas on a couple attys I should research ? (Are the extra posts for different builds worth it or is just a regular single coil build with cotton just fine. I've been pretty happy with the simple single coil but then again I haven't tried anything else. )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Why the high juice holes? Do you want thst just to drip on another mod? Without low juice holes the juice will not drain and will leak out the air hole.

I just went threw that as I modded a athentic derringer with high holes and it leaked like crazy. I got lucky to get a newer 2 piece center post and I made sure the holes for the juice were at the bottom and now no more issues with juice all over my clothes and the floor.

Reactions: flexsr

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
I've been out of the loop for awhile but In the market for a new Rba for my non lp Reo grand. On the chart (on the previous page) I didn't see a column for regular Reo grand and separate column for LP grand. The check marks on the chart under "grand" does that mean it will fit the old style regular reo grand by chance or is that chart only good for lp grandes?

The few atomizers I've researched have been quite pricey (to me) other than the A7. I've been pretty content with the RM2 that I have been using for awhile but ::::::::

My "dreAm" atty I would want in order of preference would be an atty (not sure it exists) that fills the juice at a higher point than coming thru right from the bottom (if that makes sense). Next preference would be airflow control. Final preference would be 3 or more posts instead of just the 2 in the RM2. Any ideas on a couple attys I should research ? (Are the extra posts for different builds worth it or is just a regular single coil build with cotton just fine. I've been pretty happy with the simple single coil but then again I haven't tried anything else. )

These are available from Reosmods. Got the chart from Reomizer Physical Comparison Chart! RM2, RM3, RM4, RM5 | E-Cigarette Forum but see with the new software it got a bit scrambled. Pasted a picture I had.

PGYGZIF.png

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Going to post this in the Catfish Atty thread as well to get other members opinions that may not follow this thread.

I'm doing my homework, my first and only RBA so far is the tiny one for the Joyetech Egrip all in one regulated mod. I'm now looking at REO mods. My goal is a tiny pocket vape, so the REO Mini LP is my first choice if Rob makes any more, otherwise the REO Mini 2.1 LP, it's just "fatter", for thicker battery. I am a "mouth to lung" MTL, low wattage flavor chaser, but like the idea of an RBA that is flexible so down the road I could try dual coil builds as well, and so not to be locked into just one style of vaping, an AFC to customize airflow seems like another must have on my wish list. I'd rather not start with the RM2, as the materials are not all stainless, but more importantly you are limited to its air hole size unless you drill out. Seems AFC gives one all the options, depending on design.

So far I've read about RM2, Chalice 3, Hornet, Cyclone "Cyclops" AFC BF model, Deringer, and now REMatty. Not having tried many of the RBA's you more experienced users have, I have no idea of how placement of the air holes effect the vapor. As well as where the juice comes out when sqounked. The RM2 the juice comes out the bottom hole, some through the bottom of the middle pin, and if I recall the Cylone had the juice come out of a hole, HIGHER up from the middle post. Seems drainage is another consideration, so extra juice flows back down into the bottle, which some converted dripper RBA's may not do as well as they were not originally designed for bottom feeding. Conical deck versus flat deck etc.

I'm really interested in designs that DON'T LEAK juice, so from what I've been reading air hole placement can factor into that as well as a tiny pocket mod can find itself upside down, sideways etc. Seems proper drainage back to bottle is a factor, leaving less unvaped juice on the well.

Along my goals of tiny mod size, (REO MINI), choosing a low profile SHORT in height RBA, led me to the Deringer, I see there may be some post and cap issues, and now I see this new player REMatty! Since it's so new, not sure about any issues it may have, but I see it has top feed AIR HOLES - AFC, and dual coil capable.

So as of this writing, here are my concerns, in the hopes of buying my first real and hopefully best for my vaping style, RBA BF.

The REMatty, looks as short as I would like (Deringer low), but not sure how it would look or fit if I end up with the smallest REO "mini" 14500 LP? (I'm not sure how thin the REO mini is compared to the mini 2.1). At 22mm wide, will the cover slide up clearing the RBA, not a big deal if I can still slide it down to access battery/juice compartment. Will it overlap the 510 base/well top, on a REO mini LP and look dumb? Someone reported the REO button cover did not work well with 22mm toppers on his REO Mini 2.1, too close or blocked larger button top.

Will the REMatty, perform just as well as a SINGLE coil flavor producer at lower watts (12-18)? I like the flexibility of option of DUAL coils down the road, but not sure I would like or need it, nice to have.

Will the AFC on the REMatty give me MTL results, I assume good air hole control allows this, and good air customization.

Have read that with air holes on top this RBA would have less chance of leaking then both side and bottom air hole designed RBA's, something I desire as a rookie squonker!

This all gathered from reading and online photos, no hands on experience. So I'm fishing for comments, advise, and opinions. Sorry for all the questions, wanted to put it all in one post, this is going to be a $300 plus purchase so I'm hoping to get it right the first time. THANKS!

Reactions: flexsr

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just a couple points - it's quiet today, but folks will chime in...

1 - Low wattage MTL doesn't usually lead to a Derringer - it's an airy atomizer...and you could DO a single, but not my pick for that kind of vaping.

2 - ReMatty - similar thoughts, but I don't know anyone that HAS it yet - I think you're getting excitement from folks about a new device...but not really out for reviews yet.

3 - Chalice is kind of in a class by itself, and an awesome vape for MTL. Can't really do duals...at least I wouldn't.

4 - Hornet is, like the RM2, a topper you'd have to drill to change the air...

5 - Don't rule out an RM4. It's got AFC, can do duals or a single coil. A little bigger than the Cyclone w/AFC, which is also a great pick.
PS - the Cyclone, the juice hole is a little higher if it was born as a BF, but if you get one from Catfish, it's down right at the bottom. And bigger.

I sympathize - it's hard to find a good "stubby" atomizer with airflow.
But Chalice, Cyclone, and RM4 are all good, allow single coil MTL hits with excellent flavor, and the RM4 has room for a standard dual coil build, too.

Going to post this in the Catfish Atty thread as well to get other members opinions that may not follow this thread.

I'm doing my homework, my first and only RBA so far is the tiny one for the Joyetech Egrip all in one regulated mod. I'm now looking at REO mods. My goal is a tiny pocket vape, so the REO Mini LP is my first choice if Rob makes any more, otherwise the REO Mini 2.1 LP, it's just "fatter", for thicker battery. I am a "mouth to lung" MTL, low wattage flavor chaser, but like the idea of an RBA that is flexible so down the road I could try dual coil builds as well, and so not to be locked into just one style of vaping, an AFC to customize airflow seems like another must have on my wish list. I'd rather not start with the RM2, as the materials are not all stainless, but more importantly you are limited to its air hole size unless you drill out. Seems AFC gives one all the options, depending on design.

So far I've read about RM2, Chalice 3, Hornet, Cyclone "Cyclops" AFC BF model, Deringer, and now REMatty. Not having tried many of the RBA's you more experienced users have, I have no idea of how placement of the air holes effect the vapor. As well as where the juice comes out when sqounked. The RM2 the juice comes out the bottom hole, some through the bottom of the middle pin, and if I recall the Cylone had the juice come out of a hole, HIGHER up from the middle post. Seems drainage is another consideration, so extra juice flows back down into the bottle, which some converted dripper RBA's may not do as well as they were not originally designed for bottom feeding. Conical deck versus flat deck etc.

I'm really interested in designs that DON'T LEAK juice, so from what I've been reading air hole placement can factor into that as well as a tiny pocket mod can find itself upside down, sideways etc. Seems proper drainage back to bottle is a factor, leaving less unvaped juice on the well.

Along my goals of tiny mod size, (REO MINI), choosing a low profile SHORT in height RBA, led me to the Deringer, I see there may be some post and cap issues, and now I see this new player REMatty! Since it's so new, not sure about any issues it may have, but I see it has top feed AIR HOLES - AFC, and dual coil capable.

So as of this writing, here are my concerns, in the hopes of buying my first real and hopefully best for my vaping style, RBA BF.

The REMatty, looks as short as I would like (Deringer low), but not sure how it would look or fit if I end up with the smallest REO "mini" 14500 LP? (I'm not sure how thin the REO mini is compared to the mini 2.1). At 22mm wide, will the cover slide up clearing the RBA, not a big deal if I can still slide it down to access battery/juice compartment. Will it overlap the 510 base/well top, on a REO mini LP and look dumb? Someone reported the REO button cover did not work well with 22mm toppers on his REO Mini 2.1, too close or blocked larger button top.

Will the REMatty, perform just as well as a SINGLE coil flavor producer at lower watts (12-18)? I like the flexibility of option of DUAL coils down the road, but not sure I would like or need it, nice to have.

Will the AFC on the REMatty give me MTL results, I assume good air hole control allows this, and good air customization.

Have read that with air holes on top this RBA would have less chance of leaking then both side and bottom air hole designed RBA's, something I desire as a rookie squonker!

This all gathered from reading and online photos, no hands on experience. So I'm fishing for comments, advise, and opinions. Sorry for all the questions, wanted to put it all in one post, this is going to be a $300 plus purchase so I'm hoping to get it right the first time. THANKS!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Just a couple points - it's quiet today, but folks will chime in...

1 - Low wattage MTL doesn't usually lead to a Derringer - it's an airy atomizer...and you could DO a single, but not my pick for that kind of vaping.

2 - ReMatty - similar thoughts, but I don't know anyone that HAS it yet - I think you're getting excitement from folks about a new device...but not really out for reviews yet.

3 - Chalice is kind of in a class by itself, and an awesome vape for MTL. Can't really do duals...at least I wouldn't.

4 - Hornet is, like the RM2, a topper you'd have to drill to change the air...

5 - Don't rule out an RM4. It's got AFC, can do duals or a single coil. A little bigger than the Cyclone w/AFC, which is also a great pick.
PS - the Cyclone, the juice hole is a little higher if it was born as a BF, but if you get one from Catfish, it's down right at the bottom. And bigger.

I sympathize - it's hard to find a good "stubby" atomizer with airflow.
But Chalice, Cyclone, and RM4 are all good, allow single coil MTL hits with excellent flavor, and the RM4 has room for a standard dual coil build, too.

Thanks for taking your time to address my long post! I thought from my readings, that these small volume "Deringer" RBA's were flavor producers due to the small volume? I also made the assumption that having some kind of air flow control AFC, would allow further fine tuning of the flavor making them really flexible? Thanks for the Catfish "Cyclone" info, did not know he modded the position of where the juice flows from, why doesn't the original BF Cyclone feed this way as well, odd?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The stock BF Cyclone works fine - Chowder (Catfish) just does the squonk hole better...
And to ME, the low cap makes a Derringer have good flavor, but it's still 22mm, and it's got pretty big air slots (over holes) - you CAN adjust, I just think of it as a lung-hit atty...

Thanks for taking your time to address my long post! I thought from my readings, that these small volume "Deringer" RBA's were flavor producers due to the small volume? I also made the assumption that having some kind of air flow control AFC, would allow further fine tuning of the flavor making them really flexible? Thanks for the Catfish "Cyclone" info, did not know he modded the position of where the juice flows from, why doesn't the original BF Cyclone feed this way as well, odd?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

I'm doing my homework, my first and only RBA so far is the tiny one for the Joyetech Egrip all in one regulated mod. I'm now looking at REO mods. My goal is a tiny pocket vape, so the REO Mini LP is my first choice if Rob makes any more, otherwise the REO Mini 2.1 LP, it's just "fatter", for thicker battery.!

You are in luck if you want the Mini. Robert is doing a run of them right now! We should see them on site within a few weeks. He will offer them LP and standard! They will have two magnets. And......there will be brass too!

See this thread for all the Mini chatter
! new and renewed mini 14500s | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: BENTHOS

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
You are in luck if you want the Mini. Robert is doing a run of them right now! We should see them on site within a few weeks. He will offer them LP and standard! They will have two magnets. And......there will be brass too!

See this thread for all the Mini chatter
! new and renewed mini 14500s | E-Cigarette Forum

Thanks, good news and why I need to finish my RBA research soon.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
@SteamStack and the high juice holes - my thinking was when I actually drip from the top occasionally on my Reo instead of squonking I notice a difference for the better in the vape. Not a huge difference but a little one in flavor. I was just thinking the higher holes would saturate the coil better. When I squonk just a little so it just reaches the wick it just doesn't seem to vape as flavorful as when I saturate the coil fully or drip from the top. It's probably cause I wicking incorrect or something. You made good points on this. I guess having the holes high is not important or smart - maybe I'll play with pg/vg percentages to get it better saturated as well as mess around with wicking

@Matthee thanks so much for posting that chart here. That's exactly what I was looking for

To any others that commented on my post I'm working through the rest of the comments now

Thank you !

Reactions: Matthee

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Gona be tuff to find anything like you want for a small original 14500 reo mini with dual coil and afc options. No idea how a Cyclone w/AFC would fit it but the reo would need to be a lp version.

I'd say get the current v2.1 mini and grab a Cyclone w/AFC either from catfish if he still has any or hunt the classies.

Tonight I've been favoring my Cyclone that I just built last night. Own 2 and used for a long while and also been using 2 derringers for the last month. Hit seems better off the Cyclone hehe.. might just be the luck of the right amount of wick in the build Or the smaller chamber.

There is the small rm3 on Reosmods that you can buy single or dual coil version but you will have to figure out and resize the air hole to your liking.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Gona be tuff to find anything like you want for a small original 14500 reo mini with dual coil and afc options. No idea how a Cyclone w/AFC would fit it but the reo would need to be a lp version.

I'd say get the current v2.1 mini and grab a Cyclone w/AFC either from catfish if he still has any or hunt the classies.

Tonight I've been favoring my Cyclone that I just built last night. Own 2 and used for a long while and also been using 2 derringers for the last month. Hit seems better off the Cyclone hehe.. might just be the luck of the right amount of wick in the build Or the smaller chamber.

There is the small rm3 on Reosmods that you can buy single or dual coil version but you will have to figure out and resize the air hole to your liking.

Yeah, now that I've seen a few photos of the Mini 14500 LP, I see any 22mm RBA is NOT going to look good at all. Looks like I'll have to settle for the taller, 14mm wide types, though maybe a 18mm wide Cyclone AFC would look good, still taller then Deringer/REMatty heights.

SteamStack, is your Cyclone is the NON-AFC model or AFC?
Wondering if you can tell me the height and width of yours, been hard to find actual dimensions of Cyclone "Cyclops" AFC. I believe I saw 18mm wide on one site, no height mentioned. THANKS!

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Wondering if you can tell me the height and width of yours, been hard to find actual dimensions of Cyclone "Cyclops" AFC. I believe I saw 18mm wide on one site, no height mentioned. THANKS!

The Cyclone AFC base is 18,3mm and the standard Cyclone is 14,5mm

Reactions: Matthee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread