The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Reo compatible RBAs

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by hildicat, Feb 5, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Matthee

Matthee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Got lost when the forum switched over to new software. Try this post: Reo compatible RBAs

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Some of the more recent RDA's with squonk pins that I've added to my Reo stash...

Psyclone Mods Hadaly
    Psyclone Mods Kryten
    528 Custom Vapes Goon LP
    VapourArt GP Dripper Pro
    Vandy Vapes Pulse 22
    Vandy Vapes Pulse 24
    Vandy Vapes Icon
    Vandy Vapes Mesh RDA
    Wotofo Serpent BF RDA
    DotMod Pertri V2
    NoName NoGain Mesh

• Like Like x 5
  3. Robinowitz

Robinowitz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Impressive @Spydro! I ventured out from RM 2's and 3's to Origin 16's and have stayed put. It's kinda odd: once I found Reos (luckily early on), my search ceased and I find myself in a similar position with RDA's. This is not to say, I won't venture again Never say never right? Mostly I've been venturing with Stainless Steel & DIY mixing (thanks to @Papa_Lazarou inspiration).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    The O-16's are a nice step up from the RM's (I have 4 of them). But those from my above list would depend on what Reos you have. All of them are 22mm/24mm RDA's that are better suited for the P67's and 2015 Woodvil's except for the NoName NoGain that will work without overhang on the LP Grands (2.1?). It's a mesh wick/cotton reservoir MTL atty that probably wouldn't appeal to most folks. I drilled this one out for DLH's (not an easy task), but it still didn't win me over at it's price point ($105 + $8 shipping). So it saw very little use before going in the gorge fodder boxes.

nogain.jpg nogain2 (1).jpg nogain3.jpg nogain4.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I went through a phase where I was buying nearly every atty available that either was factory BF or converted. But after all that, I've pretty much settled on 3, for 99.9% of my vaping.
    Stumpy
    O-16
    Hadaly

The Stumpy gets the majority of my time. I still believe it's one of the best attys ever made.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    My all time favorite dual coil atty's for the Reos is my six Psyclone Mods Kryten's.

kryreosqaud.jpg

For single coil atty's the top air GP Dripper Pro's easily take the top shelf away from all other contenders.

p67gpdp.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    There is well over 100 RDA's, RDTA's, RTA's around here, but the vast majority of them are not in use.

I missed out entirely on the Stumpy's, never got a chance to buy/try them. The other two are restricted DLH's at best, the Hadaly a leaker by design... so I rate the O-16 as better than it. But I'm not a fan of small chamber atty's anymore, 22mm-25mm is more my speed. I've even got a 30mm prototype that supposedly has an 8.5ml joose capacity (but you can squeeze more than that into it).

IM Mine.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    The Hadaly is a leaker design, for sure. It's a great flavor atty, and probably one of the easiest to set up. But one must be very careful not to over squonk, or tilt it much right after squonking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    I hear that. The AFC slots in the Hadaly base actually go down at an angle toward the deck bottom making it easier for them to leak. I probably see it more than normal because both of my Hadaly's have RxW builds in them for maximum flavor. RxW wicks very fast but they rely on some excess joose on the deck that a cotton build wouldn't need. Their AFC is a poor design by Psyclone Mods, same as the very shallow deck well on the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's that only have a 1mm depth. IOW almost no drip well at all because you do not want any standing joose at all on deck. They too can leak if you over squonk or drip them, and also can when you tilt them to vape if you over fill them. Another poor design feature that I bet VV corrects in the next generation of these otherwise stellar mesh coil atty's. Another note, VV's Pulse atty's also have AFC tubes that angle way down, but they also have a nice deep well and the top cap AFC's are way high.

10. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Three more for the Reos added this past week L to R:
    SXK Solo 22mm single coil (couldn't find an authentic Dee Mods).
    528 Custom Vapes Goon V1.5 24mm.
    Oumier 22mm single coil Wasp Nano (currently has an added on Delrin wide bore D/T on it as well).

vm20171002s6.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Robbert

Robbert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2016
    Does anyone know the size of the raised part of deck on a REO Grand Lp that comes into contact with bottom of atomizer?
    There’s also an area that’s countersunk on that raised part of deck,anyone know it’s diameter or what atomizer fits down into recess or countersunk area?
    This last question might answer both above.
    When REO Grand lp was designed was it for certain types or sizes of atomizers?If so what size and types?

12. SteamStack

SteamStack Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    It will hold a 18mm atty perfectly. A 22mm rba will slightly over hang and prevent the door going up but you can just move the door down to open it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. X-Puppy

X-Puppy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Not sure the exact answer but 22mm atty's fit well. You might have to slide the door down instead of up if I recall. The LP was designed so you could use atty's larger than 13mm at the base. Folks were milling it down so Rob saved us the trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robbert

Robbert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2016
    Thanks for replies.

• Like Like x 1