Not open for further replies.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Newest member of my collection. A mini woodvil which is also my first wood mod:

2011-10-19191113.jpg

Need to get a new drip tip for this little guy.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Really liking it thus far. It's not as solid as the aluminum REO's obviously but, the craftsmanship is very nice. There is a lot of detail that I notice from how the door was made to perfectly slide into place. Everything is smoothed out and there isn't any gaps with the door. The inside is really clean as well, there was no wires that were sticking out or anything and noticed a notch cut out for the positive wire. Which is a very nice touch IMO.

It's really light weight and I like the button placement. Has a nice feel to it since it's bigger than the aluminum models and very easy to press. Nice natural feel to it when I hold it in my hand during use. I don't have small hands but, I do like how I can completely palm a mini/mini woodvil. Also noticed that it really does feel like it hits harder as well.

Just out of curiosity, I used my volt meter on it. With a 1.5 hybrid on it, the voltage was 3.91 under load which confirms why it hit a little bit harder. So, all in all I'm really impressed with the performance of the mini woodvil.

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
FYI: the REO wood mods will always hit a little harder then the aluminum REO's due to resistance. The Grand and Mini use the body as the ground where the Woodvil and mini Woodvil are wired giving a little less resistance.

Its not much of a difference and some people can not even tell but some can.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to ask if the xanalog black was ever on sale? Really like how everything looks but, it would be nice to have a new 18490 MIDI that color all the way around.

Seems you have not read the past few days of lounge posts!
The Xanalog is a term for a black REO that was put through the dishwasher by Xanalog! Alice did one of her black doors that way to see what she could achieve.

IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO RUN YOUR REO THROUGH A DISHWASHER! IT WILL RUIN THE FINISH!

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
The Xanalog is a term for a black REO that was put through the dishwasher by Xanalog! Alice did one of her black doors that way to see what she could achieve.

IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO RUN YOUR REO THROUGH A DISHWASHER! IT WILL RUIN THE FINISH!

You do mean do not put it in the dishwasher with dishwashing detergent. The Grand and Mini can be submerged in water or put in the dishwasher for cleaning. It was the dishwashing detergent that did that to the finish not the dishwasher it self. You do have to remove the battery :)

BlueWater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
US Virgin Islands
You do mean do not put it in the dishwasher with dishwashing detergent. The Grand and Mini can be submerged in water or put in the dishwasher for cleaning. It was the dishwashing detergent that did that to the finish not the dishwasher it self. You do have to remove the battery :)

It's the detergent combined with the high temperature that does the damage. I'll try to find the link for you.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
It's the detergent combined with the high temperature that does the damage. I'll try to find the link for you.

No need I put my grand in the dishwasher a year ago just to check it out. But did not put detergent in it per Robs recommendation.

I am aware of the incident. I may not post much any more but read every night :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

Sorry Wayne. Just wanted to get that warning in there quick. Was going to edit, but you have cleared it up well.
Thanks!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa

Yeah, I've been slacking a bit for the past few days. But, it's still extremely nice how it came out though.

Hmm......might just try that with the door and see how it goes. If it works than I'm going all out and doing the whole thing! LOL

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Yeah, I've been slacking a bit for the past few days. But, it's still extremely nice how it came out though.

Hmm......might just try that with the door and see how it goes. If it works than I'm going all out and doing the whole thing!
LOL

If you run your Mini or Grand in the dishwasher I would recommend taking off the bottle and DO NOT AD ANY Soap to the dish washer. I did it a long time ago to try it out LOL. I put it in the silver ware slot and it came out nice an clean.

But you can get the same results from just running it under hot water. IMO its not worth doing to just clean one mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread