REO Forum is Freaking Incredible !!!

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by rasci2, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rasci2

rasci2 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think everyone know that this forum has the most wonderfully intelligent and helpful people you will ever find. If you have a vaping related problem a host of people will come to your aid to get you where you want to go.. This is a given. However, this he and information is not only limited to vaping. A short story.

i check this forum every day and I was quite frankly becoming envious of all the pictures posted of nearly mirror finished Silver REOs.
    i have my original Black bodied Silver door Grand which is nearly three years old and needless to say the door didn't look that great. I also have a Silver bodied Mini 2.1 which certainly did not shine. So I read here that Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish was the way to go. I checked my local auto store [Advanced Auto] to make sure they had it in stock. On their website they a a number of reviews indicating how great the product was. One in particular caught my eye where it was indicated that it could also be used on foggy auto headlights with great results. So I went and bought it and the first thing I used it on was my cars headlights and within five minutes they were restored to like new.

The Moral of this Story.
    If you want great looking headlights read the REO forum.

BTW the REOs now look absolutely shiny and beautiful.

2. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Show us your headlights, Rasci! Wowza! VavavaVOOM! AAAAooooooooooooGA! ;)

3. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I posted on FB and in the lounge here that I had just done my headlight covers with Mother's Mag. I did not go and see anything about it working. Just came up with the idea and tried it on a tiny spot.

I could not believe that now I can "see" my light bulb inside! It took off all the oxidation and now they shine! 2000 Windstar you know those headlight covers were opaque!

[​IMG]

4. debzcf

debzcf Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Awesome! I, too, purchased Mothers and Never Dull after reading of their merits. I've been shining every darn thing in my house. Haven't done the headlights -- will be my Sunday morning project!

Thanks!!

5. nerak

That was done with just one coat of Mother's Mag, worked it only a minute or two and wiped off. I am sure that another coating would make it even better!

6. debzcf

No kidding?! The Renaut family never fails to amaze -- a wealth of info (going far beyond REO MOD chat). :)

7. rasci2

Sorry Karen , I must have missed your original post or forgot (getting old). You guys are the best.
    Mothers polish is like the REO of polishes.

8. nerak

Apology? No need sweetie! I am so glad you started this thread! People that don't visit the lounge can see it too!

Thank you for letting everybody know! I just got YOUR back on this, I know it works!!

9. NicoHolic

NicoHolic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I don't mean to take this thread in a different direction, but the best thing this forum did for me (and I'm sure many other beginning vapers) was to enlighten me to the fact there are other mechanical mods besides tube versions. The more I read this forum, the more I exclaimed, "This design is ingenious!" and "I HAVE to try one of these!"

10. rasci2

Now I have a problem. My shiny Silver REOs have become absolute finger magnets. Now I have to carry a polishing cloth around and constantly wipe them to preserve their beauty. So much to do, so little time.

11. debzcf

What's the saying? "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it." ;)

12. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

LOL I came to the same realization with mine. I've spent hours polishing them and I haven't even vaped them yet! They are so beautiful!

They just sit on my desk... staring back at me.... daring me... "Vape me, you fool! Vape me or polish me!" :)

13. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    [​IMG]

;)

14. nerak

So true! I can't even move mine without a print!

But they are stunningly beautiful!

15. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Man, it is soooooo nice to be "Hobo-Sapiens". NoCD. 'S all good. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.