Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Hey, when you're famous you are always going to attract attention - both good and bad. Happens to actors, politicians, media figures etc.. Anyone who reads the thread can count how many people jumped in to defend the Reo and how many people jumped on the BS wagon.

Funny how the truth just shines through without even trying. JMHO

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Wow. I think due to the snotty post and admission that he used stack batteries, his warrantee should be void.

But Rob will probably fix it for free anyway. THAT'S the kind of "bush league outfit" he runs.

Sheesh. Gotta think, and make sure you've got your facts right before you post. Best to be assumed an idiot, than click send and remove all doubt.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I certainly cannot talk - when I was new (and even not so new) I unintentionally posted a few things that I wish I could take back. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance - this is a hard community to understand walking in the door.

We're not talking Best Buy or Ikea and people need time to adjust to the culture. Takes a while to figure out that Vendors respond to PMs easier than phone calls or emails and that people chatting in the threads really do know what they are talking about. Vape related purchasing and support is totally different that making a return at the mall or from a big vendor.

Again, just me putting in my two cents.

harley05

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Scarborough, Maine
Wow. I think due to the snotty post and admission that he used stack batteries, his warrantee should be void.

But Rob will probably fix it for free anyway. THAT'S the kind of "bush league outfit" he runs.

Sheesh. Gotta think, and make sure you've got your facts right before you post. Best to be assumed an idiot, than click send and remove all doubt.

Very well said!

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I certainly cannot talk - when I was new (and even not so new) I unintentionally posted a few things that I wish I could take back. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance - this is a hard community to understand walking in the door.

We're not talking Best Buy or Ikea and people need time to adjust to the culture. Takes a while to figure out that Vendors respond to PMs easier than phone calls or emails and that people chatting in the threads really do know what they are talking about. Vape related purchasing and support is totally different that making a return at the mall or from a big vendor.

Again, just me putting in my two cents.

I agree with what you have said so eloquently AND I live by the principle that very few people, including, those in service positions, deserve abusive treatment, most of the time. It has become way too common for people to take out their frustrations on strangers. I hate that!!!!!

One of the few times I unloaded on a stranger, I did it as loud as possible, and had a blast. All people around enjoyed the scene too. We are loyal customers of Discount tires. I have a heavy metal 4-wheeled garden cart. It has high pressure tube tires. One of the tires was bad so I carried the whole cart to Discount Tires. Mind you these tires cost $30-50 each. So I rolled the cart into one of the empty bays, just as if it was a car. Some jerk customer, man, started screaming at me, about taking up a space that a car was supposed to be put in. (His car was on the rack already.) There were open bays AND my tire was going to bring in as much income as many cars do, for a tire AND so much less work for the guys to do. I chuckled to myself, got right up in his face and started very loudly listing why he was wrong, what a stupid ninny he was, and it was none of his business anyway. (He was smaller and older than me and a friend's 6' son was with me and near by. Besides I was too up in his face for him to swing at me.) The color drained from his face and he didn't say another word. All of the tire guys were almost rolling on the floor. Every time I looked at him he quickly turned away. I think I scared the bejeebess out of him. I doubt, though, that it changed him at all. Main thing is I had a lot of fun.

Alice

Last edited:

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Well, I guess I can only go by my first impressions here. First, for there being so many products and people it is a small community. I didn't reallize that most of the vendors were just people not companies and was frustrated that all of the cool stuff I wanted wasn't here for me. Being a person who has never been a part of social media or vaping before, I was SHOCKED that I couldn't just whip out my credit card and have what everyone else had.

Now, after a short while, I learned that it's because these are for the most part small businesses keeping up with a large customer base. They are trying to produce en mass and also release a perfect or near perfect product. The funny thing is they actually accomplish this by not mass producing. By waiting for the good stuff we are actually contributing to a quality product.

I don't know if that made sense to anyone but me but I had a point there somewhere. Sorry for the ramble.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Well, I guess I can only go by my first impressions here. First, for there being so many products and people it is a small community. I didn't reallize that most of the vendors were just people not companies and was frustrated that all of the cool stuff I wanted wasn't here for me. Being a person who has never been a part of social media or vaping before, I was SHOCKED that I couldn't just whip out my credit card and have what everyone else had.

Now, after a short while, I learned that it's because these are for the most part small businesses keeping up with a large customer base. They are trying to produce en mass and also release a perfect or near perfect product. The funny thing is they actually accomplish this by not mass producing. By waiting for the good stuff we are actually contributing to a quality product.

I don't know if that made sense to anyone but me but I had a point there somewhere. Sorry for the ramble.

Very good points and very understandable. Thank you.

Alice

jctgh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Allen, TX
The Reo Grand is supposed to be well made. Mine died in under 30 days. I paid alot to get high voltage bottom feeder that I though was well buit and well serviced. I chose a Reo Grand. It was one of the bigest mistakes that I have made. It is supposed to last a life time but mine died in less then 30 days. It was not from a user error. It was a problem with the mod.
The atty that supposedly shorted the Reo works fine on my Darwin. When I added that info to this thread it got deleted. Think that it was not the attys fault that the Reo shorted is important information. Today is the 5th day that I tried to contact him for a warrantee repair. I emailed him through the site and even sent a pm. The maker has other forum posting activity so is not on vacation.
I really like HV on a bottom feeder. Think my options are a Sarge VV and a GLV 3. Any reports on customer service on them? They both seem like they provide excellent customer service but I thought Reo did so any feed back will be great.
In an industry that has great customer service it is surprising that the Reo people sold me a lemon and have been ignoring me. Evolv, Madvapes, Goodprophets, Vixen Vapors, Vermillion River, Virgin Vapors and many others are companies that have amazing customer service thanks.
If I don't get this resolved by the end of the week I am going to send this POS back to them and try to reveres charges. That is the correct way to deal with it right? It is a worthless lemon that broke with in 30 days of use.
I highly advise everyone not to get a Reo. The customer service is terrible, the mod breaks for no reason. There are alternatives. Avoid my pain and frustration.

Aaron,
Why with all the mod choices did you choose a Reo? I bet that you chose it because you read all the glowing reviews by Reo owners. I also bet that you wanted to be a part of the warm Reonaut community. Reos do/did not get their wonderful reputation by being POSs.
I went from an eGo to a Reo Mini (on the suggestions of a VERY dear person! ALICE!!!) My husband uses a Phid and he loves it but, it is warped like crazy b/c of juice leakage. My little Reo (mini Woodvil) is as beautiful as it was the day I received it. But, I digress, what I wanted to tell you is that I, too, had a technical problem with my Reo--it was about 2 months old. It just quit working, no collapsed spring--nothing that I could figure out. I contacted Rob (pm'd him, I think.) I heard from him the same day, within a couple of hours. He gave me some troubleshooting tips including pictures. Still didn't work. I sent it home to him. When Rob received it, he emailed me immediately and asked what I thought was wrong with it because it was working great! LOL I think that it just missed him! When I received it back, it worked perfectly and had a new bottle and tube--all at no charge to me including return shipping! How can you ask for better customer service?!? BTW, while my Reo was not working, I had to go back the eGo--UGH! It was torture! It felt like using a tin can and string instead of a smart phone!!!
I hope that I am completely wrong but, I have a sinking feeling that you were paid by Evolv, Madvapes, Goodprophets, Vixen Vapors, Vermillion River, or Virgin Vapors for your reviews or maybe it is sour grapes because you feel as though Rob should have given you a discount or didn't send enough freebies!

Cheli Hunt, a Reonaut for life!

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I think it's kind of wrong to say this is foul play or a "paid review". From reading the OP (AaronY) opening statement, I see a person that is upset and stating that he's upset. The only iffy statement is calling the REO a "POS"; I'm sure almost everyone on here has called SOMETHING at SOME POINT a "POS" after something broke or didn't work from the beginning. I'm definitely sure there have been more people who have bought REOs mods and did not enjoy them. I've actually TALKED to people who DO NOT LIKE REOS MODS! I have not tried nor bought a REO but it is egotistical for anyone to think that it is flawless.

This is ECF. This is not a boxing ring. We're supposed to help others get over cigarettes (remember those things?). This thread made me upset with the awful reactions. Even if Aaron seems aggravated... I do not blame him, since he spent money. I'm also sure he's not the only one to do "warantee void" things like stacking batteries, for instance. It is shocking to see how defensive people are being on this thread over one box mod.

Last edited:
What a warm, loving "Reonaut family" After reading through this thread I know I wanna run out and buy one! The OP was airing his vaild concerns with not just a technical issue, but with a lack of support. That was HIS experience. Any one of you would have been just as worried if you couldn't get in contact the vendor you just gave $150 to. Instead of support he gets attacked? Wow. Just wow.

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
What a warm, loving "Reonaut family" After reading through this thread I know I wanna run out and buy one! The OP was airing his vaild concerns with not just a technical issue, but with a lack of support. That was HIS experience. Any one of you would have been just as worried if you couldn't get in contact the vendor you just gave $150 to. Instead of support he gets attacked? Wow. Just wow.

If you look at this thread ---> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tion-about-reo-grand-springs.html#post4627294

The thread that Aaron started himself voicing his concerns. Rob replied to that post the same day. He did not have to wait 5 days for contact from the owner of the company. He was replied to within 14 minutes of his original post by the owner himself. I would say that is a very quick reply:

You may only need a new spring follow the link
http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?pa...emart&Itemid=9

Your welcome to send it to me I can look it over and make sure that is all it is

Rhapsodies Fire (A Reo Supplier Associate) also responded to him...a whopping 16 minutes after he started the thread:

Hi Aaron
A short occurred and you are correct, the spring collapsed in order to stop the flow of power from doing further damage to the mod and the battery. The spring will not right itself. You can stretch the spring back out and continue to use, but it's heat sensitivity is now greatly diminished. I strongly advise that you order a new spring. If you don't feel comfortable replacing the spring yourself, you can send your mod back to Rob and have him repair it.

and what Rob said.

It is also clear that he did not read the information provided on the Reo forum, website, paper sent with the product explaining what battery is recommended. Aaron knows that they responded to him so quickly because he, in turn, responded to their support in the thread. Other Reo users voiced their support explaining the reaction of the atomizer he used with the mod

Rob's (redeyedancer) last post also stated:

If there is a problem with the mod yes it would be replaced no charge to you. The only way it could be the mod is if you had a faulty center pin gasket.Grands and mini reos have a one year warranty.

He was given ample amount of support by not only Rob and Rhapsodies, but by several other knowledgeable forum members. His unjustified rant AFTER receiving this help is what other members on this thread are responding to. He DID receive support, but decided to write this rant 8 days after the fact, including the ridiculous title of calling the Reo a POS. That is an unnecessary and insulting title.

If he wanted to have a decent and grown-up conversation concerning the issues, he would not have come right out the door blasting Reo Mods with name calling and fallacious claims. That is what the reo supporters are upset about. Please read the entire thread because it is obvious you missed a lot of information about what transpired. And happy holidays! [=

Last edited:

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
I also hope he takes down that blog on his website with same claim of not hearing from Rob for 5 days. The blog is dishonest and borderline libel:

Update:Just heard back now. Hope it was just a lemon. But strange that it took 5 days since I first tried contacting him to hear back.

Simply false. I pointed this out in the above post.

The atty that supposedly shorted the Reo works fine on my Darwin. When I added that info to this thread it got deleted.

Nowhere does it say any of your posts were edited or deleted by a mod.

It is supposed to last a life time but mine died in less then 30 days. It was not from a user error. It was a problem with the mod.

Yes, it was user error, and this was pointed out to you. Mistakes are made. Honest mistakes. But you not only ignored information on proper care and use of the mod, you then proceeded to blame it on the mod itself even after your mistake was pointed out.

Think that it was not the attys fault that the Reo shorted is important information.

That information, again, was readily available to you on the reomods website, forum, and info packet you received. It was even pointed out by several forum members. As a seasoned vaper, you should know that no product is compatible to every single piece of equipment.

In an industry that has great customer service it is surprising that the Reo people sold me a lemon and have been ignoring me.

Another lie, period.

I highly advise everyone not to get a Reo. The customer service is terrible, the mod breaks for no reason.

This is just another example of lashing out for no justifiable reason. The customer service was given to you. If you choose to ignore it, that is on you, not the supplier. The mod did not break for no reason, the reason for it shorting out was given to you mere minutes after posting your thread in ECF. I have read your reviews in the past and I am utterly amazed and appalled that you are being dishonest and not as detail-oriented as you are in your reviews.

Last edited:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
why did the op not follow through with the advice given and offer made? sounds like snappy customer service to me that was given. let me say im not a reo-naut myself. i had a grand for a short time and it just wasnt for me size wise but it functioned as advertised and if it wouldnt of i am sure it would of been fixed. just because the grand wasnt for me a mini or mini woodville is still in my future plans of a mod id like to own one day. reos are NOT a pos!!!! i could be way off base but it sounds like to me the op was just too lazy and for some reason unmotivated to get his mod fixed for free, but why this rant? good thing is this rant isnt gonna hurt the reo business at all, people know quality and quality customer care, most all of our vendors on ecf will supply this and reo is no exception. there is no good reason for this rant....or mine...just had been following this and it struck me as wrong.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I think it's kind of wrong to say this is foul play or a "paid review". From reading the OP (AaronY) opening statement, I see a person that is upset and stating that he's upset. The only iffy statement is calling the REO a "POS"; I'm sure almost everyone on here has called SOMETHING at SOME POINT a "POS" after something broke or didn't work from the beginning. I'm definitely sure there have been more people who have bought REOs mods and did not enjoy them. I've actually TALKED to people who DO NOT LIKE REOS MODS! I have not tried nor bought a REO but it is egotistical for anyone to think that it is flawless.

This is ECF. This is not a boxing ring. We're supposed to help others get over cigarettes (remember those things?). This thread made me upset with the awful reactions. Even if Aaron seems aggravated... I do not blame him, since he spent money. I'm also sure he's not the only one to do "warantee void" things like stacking batteries, for instance. It is shocking to see how defensive people are being on this thread over one box mod.

Yes, he spent the money and Rob had quickly responded in his thread with the offer of fixing it for him. Without responding to the offer. This guy decided to bash him and the mod openly in this thread. Basically giving him and the whole REOnaut community a slap in the face.

Which is not right nor is it justifiable by any means. He didn't wait for the issue to be resolved since he opted not to take further actions in the process to get his REO fixed. I honestly believe his actions were vulgar and the reactions he received from REOnauts were appropriate. I would think that a vet would know better then anyone else that this type of action is looked down upon in this forum.

Honestly I hope you don't buy one at all. I see that you did not take the time to read what the OP had posted nor did you check out the thread where Rob had responded to him. He had gotten all the support that any person would get from either Rob or the rest of the REOnauts. Instead, he chose to ignore all of it and create this thread. How else should we respond to this type of reckless behavior.

If you actually had a chance to observe the REO sub-forum then you will know that everyone there is very nice to each other and to people that visit it. I can see that you are enjoying adding fuel to the fire. Which I find appalling.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
Yes, he spent the money and Rob had quickly responded in his thread with the offer of fixing it for him. Without responding to the offer. This guy decided to bash him and the mod openly in this thread. Basically giving him and the whole REOnaut community a slap in the face.

Which is not right nor is it justifiable by any means. He didn't wait for the issue to be resolved since he opted not to take further actions in the process to get his REO fixed. I honestly believe his actions were vulgar and the reactions he received from REOnauts were appropriate. I would think that a vet would know better then anyone else that this type of action is looked down upon in this forum.

Yes, I will agree with some things that the tone of the rant was aggressive, but I, too, have been frustrated at things that have broken and I have gotten bad customer service, even though the product was great and the company was great. Yes, being vulgar is bad, which I did indeed state ("The only iffy statement is calling the REO a "POS"). What I'm shocked at is how some of the reactions were also offensive and vulgar, which is hypocritical. Again, let me state clearly that I do not agree with the tone that the OP used to vent, and I can definitely understand why the reactions are just as angry.

I am in no way agreeing that the REOs mods are "POS"s, and in fact I am simply stating that they aren't perfect. It may surprise a few people to know that I HAVE been interested for a year now in purchasing a Reo Mini because I know that most (but not all) enjoy the Reo. I think it's great that REOnauts enjoy the REOS and have a great group to mingle within. Seriously, I do not want anyone to overlook my words, but to understand that I am not against REO mods or anything of the sort.

Your second quote from the post you quoted from me isn't a great way to stand up for the REOnauts by saying "Honestly, I hope you don't buy one at all". Again, I will state that I do see why it's a natural reaction, but it's just not right to tell someone what he/she should or should not buy. However, now I am hesitant in going to the sub-forum because I may not be welcome because of one post I voiced my opinion on. Even if that would be the case, I will still support the vendor of the Reos mods because I know there have been great reviews on his products and I am interested in buying a mod.

EDIT: This one and the black one with the red secondary color are the two Reomini mods that I've been staring at for a long while :lol: and maybe in the near future I'll be vaping from one :)

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
However, now I am hesitant in going to the sub-forum because I may not be welcome because of one post I voiced my opinion on. Even if that would be the case, I will still support the vendor of the Reos mods because I know there have been great reviews on his products and I am interested in buying a mod.

The Reo community is not vindictive. Everyone is welcome to post there and to post their opinions. It's how you word your opinions that could get anybody in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread