Reo Grand is a POS with terrible customer serive

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
One more thing I'd like to add before I shut up and move on. The Reo community is a tight knit group, more like a family. To bash their Reos is one thing but to bash Rob and his customer service is just ignorant and unacceptable. I have only seen one other vendor with Rob's exceptional customer service and that is Bruce at COV. I'm sure there are others that I'm not familiar with but these 2 are at the top of my list. So if you bash Rob you can expect to get the kind of response that is in this thread.

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
I own a grand.The button melted and I was told to send it back for repairs.I did so 20$ and a week and a half latter I had it back.
It once again works.It's hard to believe that my 35$ madvapes vv box vapes so much better than the grand at less than a quarter of the price.Oh well live and learn.
BTW if your battery holder needs to be supported by great customer service you probably need a better device.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I think everyone gets frustrated once in a while when something doesn't work for them. It's only natural but, to lie about the bad customer service he received. Not giving a chance for the vendor to fix the problem. Along with making this thread in the reviews section with the intent of demoralizing and attacking Rob. I've never seen such a thing done to this extent during my time on this forum. Reo's aren't for everyone and it's mentioned even in the sub-forum. So, when someone's dissatisfied with their REO. It's not like everyone there attacks them. This thread is a special case since it was inappropriate.

As you've seen in the link I had posted about the original thread he created in the sub-forum. Everyone there had been very respectful of his problems along with Rob. Once he crossed the line then there is going to be anger caused. If someone were to use a derogatory comment towards a certain group for example. Would you expect that group to stay idle. Everyone's not perfect nor do they practice the teachings of Gandhi.

Anyways, I don't think that people here view you as being on one side or the other. I know I don't, you seem like the person to say that this thread is starting to get out of hand. So, you tried to be sort of like a mediator by saying that the OP was wrong in one way but, the other side was wrong for their reactions as well. It's a very respectable approach to this type of scenario.

I encourage you to lurk around in the REO sub-forum sometimes. There are people that do have problems with their REO's and make threads to ask for answers. You can see for yourself the reactions that they receive from other REOnauts.

Yes, I will agree with some things that the tone of the rant was aggressive, but I, too, have been frustrated at things that have broken and I have gotten bad customer service, even though the product was great and the company was great. Yes, being vulgar is bad, which I did indeed state ("The only iffy statement is calling the REO a "POS"). What I'm shocked at is how some of the reactions were also offensive and vulgar, which is hypocritical. Again, let me state clearly that I do not agree with the tone that the OP used to vent, and I can definitely understand why the reactions are just as angry.

I am in no way agreeing that the REOs mods are "POS"s, and in fact I am simply stating that they aren't perfect. It may surprise a few people to know that I HAVE been interested for a year now in purchasing a Reo Mini because I know that most (but not all) enjoy the Reo. I think it's great that REOnauts enjoy the REOS and have a great group to mingle within. Seriously, I do not want anyone to overlook my words, but to understand that I am not against REO mods or anything of the sort.

Your second quote from the post you quoted from me isn't a great way to stand up for the REOnauts by saying "Honestly, I hope you don't buy one at all". Again, I will state that I do see why it's a natural reaction, but it's just not right to tell someone what he/she should or should not buy. However, now I am hesitant in going to the sub-forum because I may not be welcome because of one post I voiced my opinion on. Even if that would be the case, I will still support the vendor of the Reos mods because I know there have been great reviews on his products and I am interested in buying a mod.

EDIT: This one and the black one with the red secondary color are the two Reomini mods that I've been staring at for a long while :lol: and maybe in the near future I'll be vaping from one :)

Last edited:

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I think everyone gets frustrated once in a while when something doesn't work for them. It's only natural but, to lie about the bad customer service he received. Not giving a chance for the vendor to fix the problem. Along with making this thread in the reviews section with the intent of demoralizing and attacking Rob. I've never seen such a thing done to this extent during my time on this forum. Reo's aren't for everyone and it's mentioned even in the sub-forum. So, when someone's dissatisfied with their REO. It's not like everyone there attacks them. This thread is a special case since it was inappropriate.

As you've seen in the link I had posted about the original thread he created in the sub-forum. Everyone there had been very respectful of his problems along with Rob. Once he crossed the line then there is going to be anger caused. If someone were to use a derogatory comment towards a certain group for example. Would you expect that group to stay idle. Everyone's not perfect nor do they practice the teachings of Gandhi.

Anyways, I don't think that people here view you as being on one side or the other. I know I don't, you seem like the person to say that this thread is starting to get out of hand. So, you tried to be sort of like a mediator by saying that the OP was wrong in one way but, the other side was wrong for their reactions as well. It's a very respectable approach to this type of scenario.

I encourage you to lurk around in the REO sub-forum sometimes. There are people that do have problems with their REO's and make threads to ask for answers. You can see for yourself the reactions that they receive from other REOnauts.

Lurk I shall :) :vapor: Maybe soon I'll be holding a Reo mini in the near future :2cool: :vapor: Happy Holidays to everyone. :party:

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I think everyone gets frustrated once in a while when something doesn't work for them. It's only natural but, to lie about the bad customer service he received. Not giving a chance for the vendor to fix the problem. Along with making this thread in the reviews section with the intent of demoralizing and attacking Rob.
I did not lie about the cs I received. I don't want to demoralize Rob. Just ...... that a supposedly built proof mod broke a month and I did not hear back in a couple of days from my emails. Hope you don't get the same experience. I started this thread after every other attempt to contact him failed. A 150 buck mod should not have to be rigged with aluminum foil to work IMHO.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
so have you been in contact with rob yet? this is tough because my reos work flawlessly and the only problems ive had was user error on my part which with the help of several reo peeps and common sense from myself got figured out fast. rob seems always to be available to help out when not buillding killer mods and even then seems to take a break from that when someone has trouble. i believe he popped in christmas eve or christmas day and offered to help someone out no questions asked. as far as i can see he operates a top of the line business with excellent customer service. this is the first ive heard any other way.

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
If they sold Gucci at Walmart...Gucci wouldn't be that special anymore. I like knowing that the original creator made my mod, not some faceless assembly line. Just my :2c:

Gucci is made on an assembly line :D I get your point though.

The Reo sounds like a fantastic mod and the creator seems very helpful/customer service has always seemed above average.

One thing many people might not know is that the REO community has grown far beyond just a group doing "cyber conversations." Many of us have joined, as a family, and is not just "cyber" jabber. Your attack has riled up a lot of family members.

You have been a "bad" child and can possibly redeem yourself. Only time will tell.

Alice

Alice, this bit freaks me out a bit and not sure if you're joking. This turns me off getting a reo as it almost seems like I'd be joining a cult :D

I think you guys have covered what needs to be said to the OP. Of course we are all entitled to our opinion, no matter how far off the mark it is :)

The general service level of 90% of vape related vendors is impeccable. I think for some people they always expect this, even if it is their fault they broke something....they just expect it to be replaced, something they would have known if only they had read the instructions. (this isn't directed to anyone in particular...just some unrealistic customer demands I've noticed lately)

I'll probably get a reo grand one of these days :) look like great devices.

Last edited:

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
One more thing I'd like to add before I shut up and move on. The Reo community is a tight knit group, more like a family. To bash their Reos is one thing but to bash Rob and his customer service is just ignorant and unacceptable. I have only seen one other vendor with Rob's exceptional customer service and that is Bruce at COV. I'm sure there are others that I'm not familiar with but these 2 are at the top of my list. So if you bash Rob you can expect to get the kind of response that is in this thread.

your so right but one thing about the grands and mini reo mod's( there is no one copying them i guess you can't copy greatness )...

nuf said reo mods all day every day...

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Lol I just like to hear confirmation before I send something that cost 150 across the country.
Re Technonut I was using the 2 tenergy LifePo4 that I am pretty sure are supported.
Re Nerak did not get the issue resolved yet. It is sent out. I hope it all works out. Glad that everything is working out fine for you. I will apologize and I talked to a mod here about removing what I originally wrote when it all works out. Just had the mod die on me in less then 30 days and did not hear back from them for 4-5 days. Now I know this is not what regularly happens. Hope it is a rare occurrence and it works out great. :)

I did not lie about the cs I received. I don't want to demoralize Rob. Just ...... that a supposedly built proof mod broke a month and I did not hear back in a couple of days from my emails. Hope you don't get the same experience. I started this thread after every other attempt to contact him failed. A 150 buck mod should not have to be rigged with aluminum foil to work IMHO.

After all this time, do you have the REO back? Please read your previous post. What is the outcome? How is the REO functioning now?

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Alice, this bit freaks me out a bit and not sure if you're joking. This turns me off getting a reo as it almost seems like I'd be joining a cult :D

Yes, I was being facetious, in reference to "bad child."

We REO fans are not a "cult" but we do practice "cult following." Please see below to properly distinguish the vast difference between the two.

Many people still think the word cult only means a group that uses coercive psychological mechanisms to influence group members (as most, if not all, religions do). And the violent acts of some groups, labeled as "cult" drive many to believe that a cult is bad/wrong/dangerous/destructive, etc. The word "cult" first became used, in modern times, to label religious groups that were out of the mainstream of established Christian Churches. If the word had been in common use, back when The Church of Christ broke off of The Christain Church, then the Church of Christ would have been labeled a "cult". The Church of England, Episcopal, would then be a "cult." Martin Luther would have been the leader of a "cult." The Church of Later Day Saints, Mormon, has very recently been called a "cult" by a well known politician. Christianity was many groups, "cults" until Constantine declared it the official religion of the Roman Empire around 311 AD. For a little history on "cult" see Cult - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More appropriate, if you must use the word "cult" should be as it is commonly used today, "cult following," as described on Wikipedia, "A cult following is a group of fans who are highly dedicated to a specific area of pop culture. A film, book, band, or video game, among other things, will be said to have a cult following when it has a small but very passionate fan base. A common component of cult followings is the emotional attachment fans have with the object of the cult following, often identifying themselves and other fans as members of a community. Cult followings are also commonly associated with niche markets." Cult following does not necessarily have a negative connotation. Cult following - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alice

Last edited:

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
At least now I know that I'm not a part of a cult, but only a cult follower...PHEW :D

Yes, I was being facetious, in reference to "bad child."

We REO fans are not a "cult" but we do practice "cult following." Please see below to properly distinguish the vast difference between the two.

Many people still think the word cult only means a group that uses coercive psychological mechanisms to influence group members (as most, if not all, religions do). And the violent acts of some groups, labeled as "cult" drive many to believe that a cult is bad/wrong/dangerous/destructive, etc. The word "cult" first became used, in modern times, to label religious groups that were out of the mainstream of established Christian Churches. If the word had been in common use, back when The Church of Christ broke off of The Christain Church, then the Church of Christ would have been labeled a "cult". The Church of England, Episcopal, would then be a "cult." Martin Luther would have been the leader of a "cult." The Church of Later Day Saints, Mormon, has very recently been called a "cult" by a well known politician. Christianity was many groups, "cults" until Constantine declared it the official religion of the Roman Empire around 311 AD. For a little history on "cult" see Cult - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More appropriate, if you must use the word "cult" should be as it is commonly used today, "cult following," as described on Wikipedia, "A cult following is a group of fans who are highly dedicated to a specific area of pop culture. A film, book, band, or video game, among other things, will be said to have a cult following when it has a small but very passionate fan base. A common component of cult followings is the emotional attachment fans have with the object of the cult following, often identifying themselves and other fans as members of a community. Cult followings are also commonly associated with niche markets." Cult following does not necessarily have a negative connotation. Cult following - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alice

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I would personally like to see a response from the OP. I think as a "Registered Reviewer/Blogger" that it is pretty irresponsible to be so delayed in a response after starting such a obviously controversial thread. I just recently bought a Reo and yes I think its great, but I wouldn't consider myself a "fanboy" by any means. Did this get taken care of or are you still waiting for a resolution? Does your opinion of the service you have received still stand or has it been changed?

The thread title alone is disrespectful I would hope you would request it to be changed to something that doesn't sound like a smear job on a product.

Edit: Also you may want to consider not pushing 24+ watts through your mod next time as well it tends to not agree with them... just saying..

Last edited:

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Y'all are just nuts!!!! :laugh: Let it die!!!!

You can't come out and smear the name and product of a vendor and not even follow up on the review. I'm no fanboy but I also don't like seeing a review that has no purpose other than damaging a reputation. I would react the same way if it was a mod I didn't own as I think its completely out of line. Once a thread like this is out there it never goes away, and any potential customers using the search function will read this and more than likely think that it was not resolved due to the actions of the company owner and not the lack of followup from the user. The title alone might prevent them from even reading the entire thread and do the damage itself. If that is the intention of the "reviewer" in this case the thread should be deleted.

Follow-up and information of how this was or was not resolved should be posted as it affects future customers and their first impression of the device and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread