Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Nawwwwww we all have those moments, and I'm glad you didn't delete the question, cuz there is always likely to be someone else who has the same question but don't wanna ask! At first I thought it was too snug and wouldn't drop but as long as that aint the problem yay!! Glad you got it fixed.

Reactions: kkay59

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
Well, I think I already solved it sweetie ... it was kinda one of those "DUH" moments :rolleyes:
Like I said, just push the door up past the battery, snap the battery back in snug (yeah, it "clicks" when it goes back in), push the door down in place and it's fixed. yup, it was a duh moment,
Wish I hadn't asked .. now everyone thinks I'm senile :p
They sure are working good now ...thanks for the tape advice, your right.
Coupla things....
First, the button top vs flat top.... The mod is designed with button tops in mind. If you look at the Delrin insert, it has a cutout for the button. If you use flat tops, it results in more throw (movement) with the fire switch, and less (forced) alignment.
Second... Many people have had a problem with the battery being a little sloppy, and have fixed it by putting a piece of credit card along the side of the battery (next to the separator between the battery and the bottle). Not to mention putting tape on the battery also helps with making things more snug.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Morning everybody! Just a quick question. What is the main difference between the Woodvils that will be sold today vs the last run? I'm trying to decide between a used one that is beautiful and trying for the new ones. My main concern is the springs! Are the old ones soldered on?

Reactions: Slots

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Morning everybody! Just a quick question. What is the main difference between the Woodvils that will be sold today vs the last run? I'm trying to decide between a used one that is beautiful and trying for the new ones. My main concern is the springs! Are the old ones soldered on?
Lp with no catch cup
Mechanical switch (still contains wires)

So if you tootle puff a small attie, the old ones are fine, if you want a big attie orvlow ohms you want the new one

And if you want to be able to spill juice on it, you want to wait for the resins

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
You can get the battery to play nicely by adjusting the spring a little. If you loosen the screw and move the spring slightly towards the door, then when you put a battery in, it forces it to align itself backwards and upwards toward the back upper right hand corner of the mod.

I'm not a fan of jamming bits of card in devices!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread