Status
Not open for further replies.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Wish she could stop in more often......don't like oysters....but will take all the crab, shrimp, scallops etc I can get.
wish Alice had more time to stop in hope she's doin well

Howdy Deb, RedhatPat here again. Ok, I must respect your anti-oyster policy so I looked around my place and guess what I found? Authentic, deliciously super-tasty 'n probably terribly unhealthy which must be some cosmic joke in the heavens ol' RHP was last to get. It's like a soft cookie-like sammich straight from Rosario, Argentina (courtesy of my 94 or 95-year-old grandma who came to visit us here in Amish country this summer.

image_zps42bcc29f.jpg

Apologies for size:scale of this photo I took, folks :blush:

Maybe, but the lesson is one I have never forgotten. Standing up for what we feel is right is what makes us who we are.

Howdy NancyR, RedhatPat here. The ancidote ya brought up about your father was touching, thanks for sharing. Oddly enough, I couldn't help but be reminded of something a guy I knew back in my gambling days. This guy would bet 'n parlay on everything under the sun, mainly sportsbetting.

One day I asked him who he liked during the baseball season and he shocked me when he said to me, "I don't know because I never bet on baseball." I asked him why's that and he responded simply by saying "Because it's un-american!" :D I didn't press the issue but it stuck with me all these years later.

For what it's worth, he was a hardcore Boston Red Socks fan. Seriously, at one point it felt like he inspired Jimmy Fallon's character in that "Fever Pitch" movie from 2005. So who knows if his passion for the game had a play in what he said 'n beliefs.

Hi all, I think this is my first time in the lounge.

I've been DIY'ing for a year or so and want to cut down on flavor and nic percentage but made an awful mix tonight. I'm down to 2% nic which I can cope with fine but I cut my Mexican Liquor TFA % in half and it's gonna take a while to get used to it but I'm gonna live with it thru 60mls and see how it goes.

Snow on the way, maybe a foot by Saturday. No problem. I have my wood cut split stacked and the plow on.

Howdy K31Scout, RedhatPat here. Pleasure to meet ya (Offering a firm handshake) welcome to the lounge, brother. What do you like to go by? Feel free to call me RedhatPat, RHP, Pat, anything 'cept flatlander. I still haven't crossed that point where I feel I can jumpstart my braincells by DIY'ing despite all the support & resources on ECF especially here in REOville :facepalm:

image_zpscb70d4ca.jpg

On my way home from work takes about an hour and a half haven't vapes or smoked a cig but being strong been back and forth all day on the forums for motivation and it's help so soon as I get home il be back on again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea, there's a re-learning process I went through as well because I had let coffin nails get into every aspect of my day, brother. But it's awesome you found some outlets to get through any rough patches!

RhP

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
triple chocolate, only thing that would be better IMO would be dark chocolate lol

and thanks @RedhatPat, it is funny the stuff that sticks with us, but my dad was very much like that, if he felt he was in the right he would fight tooth and nail, well I am the same way.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hi all, I think this is my first time in the lounge.

I've been DIY'ing for a year or so and want to cut down on flavor and nic percentage but made an awful mix tonight. I'm down to 2% nic which I can cope with fine but I cut my Mexican Liquor TFA % in half and it's gonna take a while to get used to it but I'm gonna live with it thru 60mls and see how it goes.

Snow on the way, maybe a foot by Saturday. No problem. I have my wood cut split stacked and the plow on.
Welcome to the lounge Scout!! But no more of those dirty 4 words mister!!! (snow) Try to stay warm!

On my way home from work takes about an hour and a half haven't vapes or smoked a cig but being strong been back and forth all day on the forums for motivation and it's help so soon as I get home il be back on again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Good on ya for not smoking! Like I said if it gets too bad, grab a disposable, much better than cigs. But hey, if you're doing ok, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You may find you can do fine with nothing. I'll likely vape forever, since I couldn't even manage to go from 24mg nic down to 18mg, but if I found I didn't need it, I would probably quit. I think it's a MUCH healthier alternative to smoking, but if I could get by without it that would be great too.

It's like a soft cookie-like sammich straight from Rosario, Argentina (courtesy of my 94 or 95-year-old grandma who came to visit us here in Amish country this summer.
awwwwwwww and wow that looks yummy!! Triple chocolate, yur speakin my language now! hehehe

Hey everyone......

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Scout..I lived in Onaway for most of my young adult life...are you anywhere near there?

And welcome to Reoville! What mod do you have?

I get off at the 310 exit. I'm between Indian River and Petoskey; small world!

I have 2 Reo Grands and a few atties. The old regulated stuff is long gone except for and MVP to check my ohms. I think the P67 is going to be perfect.

This is from last year and I'm sure you'll know where it is.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Is that a nuppin I see? That was my absolute favorite for a long time, but the derringer is right up there with it. Not sure I can choose between the two for flavor, but the derringer is easier to build.
Pretty pic cept for all that cold white stuff! hehehe It's pretty, just wouldn't wanna live in it.

Reactions: misswish1

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Howdy K31Scout, RedhatPat here. Pleasure to meet ya (Offering a firm handshake) welcome to the lounge, brother. What do you like to go by? Feel free to call me RedhatPat, RHP, Pat, anything 'cept flatlander. I still haven't crossed that point where I feel I can jumpstart my braincells by DIY'ing despite all the support & resources on ECF especially here in REOville :facepalm:

image_zpscb70d4ca.jpg

Yea, there's a re-learning process I went through as well because I had let coffin nails get into every aspect of my day, brother. But it's awesome you found some outlets to get through any rough patches!

RhP

Pat, you can call me Scout or Willy like my friends do. I used to be intimidated in the kitchen around recipes but now I can dirty every pan&pot in the house working on some fancy dish. Most of them are not good according to my wife, and I agree, but sometimes I end up with a gem that I put in rotation for company. Anyway, DIY is simpler but you have to hide the measuring syringes or guests will think you're into something bad.:)

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Is that a nuppin I see? That was my absolute favorite for a long time, but the derringer is right up there with it. Not sure I can choose between the two for flavor, but the derringer is easier to build.
Pretty pic cept for all that cold white stuff! hehehe It's pretty, just wouldn't wanna live in it.

Deb, that is a RM9 Vector and RM4 Atomic. I've put the RM4 up and use a Derringer on that one and it's probably my favorite now.

So far this year we're having a TX winter but it's gonna change soon.

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh pat, was gonna tell ya and forgot. I DIY in a stupid simple way! I break a liter of nic into 120 ml bottles that I got at amazon...I use one for each batch of nic base. Dump it in a jar, use a measuring cup to add my pg and vg, and for me at 24mg this makes about a 1/2 liter of nic base (unflavored 24mg juice). When I want a flavored juice......draw up however much I'm gonna make of my nic base......then add my flavorings. I mostly use recipes I find. Since I use concentrated flavors (mostly flavour art), I'm not diluting the nic in my base by much.

So far this year we're having a TX winter but it's gonna change soon.

On the vector, kewl, couldn't quite tell from the pic. jup the derringer's got it goin on! I'm hoping we all have a mild winter this year!! At least I have central heat this year which I didn't have the last 3 years where I was living. It does get cold here, but only snows once or twice a year and not much of that. Sometimes if ya aint lookin out the window at the right time, ya miss it all together. lol

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Mornin Nancy! I just realized you're in WA state. Glad you've got electricity! One of the porchers has been telling us how bad it is up there, 1,000's still without power he said, so your state is in my prayers.

Yeah, the little town I am in got hit with some wind, but somehow not as bad as it could have been. I am right on the coast so normally if it gets bad I am one of the first to get hit with it.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I get off at the 310 exit. I'm between Indian River and Petoskey; small world!

I have 2 Reo Grands and a few atties. The old regulated stuff is long gone except for and MVP to check my ohms. I think the P67 is going to be perfect.

This is from last year and I'm sure you'll know where it is.

Oh yeah!!!! Know xactly where! if you want a superb steak dinner, check out Lorenzos on Black river Rd., close to the Onaway area. Every time i go up north to visit family ( and try to get some venison off them:D) I go there!

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Oh yeah!!!! Know xactly where! if you want a superb steak dinner, check out Lorenzos on Black river Rd., close to the Onaway area. Every time i go up north to visit family ( and try to get some venison off them:D) I go there!

Ever been here? Dangit folks, this looks good

The Big Texan Steak Ranch
72ozsteak.jpg

RHP

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ever been here? Dangit folks, this looks good
Never even been to Amarillo, but one of my bucket list items is to travel much of Route 66 stopping at various places, and this is certainly on the list! It's been almost exactly 10 years since I've had a really good steak! My son's 21st birthday. He'll be 31 on Nov 28th.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Been to Amarillo, my wife's sister lives there. Went out to the Cadillac ranch and been over to the Big Texan for some food.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Howdy JetMac, RedhatPat here. TGIF brother. Was your experience there as good as it looks over the internet or have you had better? Just curious, for those less fortunate of us being so distant that we gadda live vicariously through others' eyes :D

EDIT: or tastebuds :lol:

RHP

Last edited:

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA

I've never been there but always meant to go. I'll report in when I do; I need to make a trip to Parrots sporting goods anyway.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Howdy JetMac, RedhatPat here. TGIF brother. Was your experience there as good as it looks over the internet or have you had better? Just curious, for those less fortunate of us being so distant that we gadda live vicariously through others' eyes :D

EDIT: or tastebuds :lol:

RHP
turn about is fair play? How bout those cheese steaks? And is it one word or two? Dunno how far lancaster is from philly, but am assuming you've been there and had cheese steaks. Another thing I wanna do some day. Get one from Pats....wit! and one from Geno's and decide for myself which is better. But I'm bettin it'll be Pat's!

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
turn about is fair play? How bout those cheese steaks? And is it one word or two? Dunno how far lancaster is from philly, but am assuming you've been there and had cheese steaks. Another thing I wanna do some day. Get one from Pats....wit! and one from Geno's and decide for myself which is better. But I'm bettin it'll be Pat's!

Touchee, Debster! I'll let you in on a 'lil secret. What really makes a philly cheesesteak a philly cheesesteak -- is the bread! You'd think it could be the steak, or the cheese, or any fixin's on top, but nope, it's the bread actually.

EDIT: Just from experience, in my opinion, some of the best philly cheesesteaks I've had were near philly like inside a big mall called King of Prussia and in that food court I've tasted the best.
I can't remember the name but it's the only restaurant in the food court that sells cheesesteaks and thats all they sell. I confess, I've actually made the journey to that mall on a couple occasions simply to bring back 2-3 whole cheesesteaks (which is crazy 'cuz they can't be re-heated very well or they get to be a soggy mess)

RhP

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

Touchee, Debster! I'll let you in on a 'lil secret. What really makes a philly cheesesteak a philly cheesesteak -- is the bread! You'd think it would be the steak, the cheese, or any fixin's on top, but nope, it's the bread actually.

RhP

i'm with Deb on this one.

the two "quests" i've been on for most of my life are a good cheesesteak and a good biscuits&gravy. if ANY restaurant offers either, i'm pretty much obligated to give it a try. such are quests...

i could seriously see myself to fly to philly just to try pat's & geno's. i have a ton of free airline miles, so that would be totally worth it.

But i don't buy the "it's the bread" argument, flatlander RHP. Sounds like amish propoganda to me :)

biscuits&gravy may be a much harder find. i'm seeking something as good as my grandma's. The best i've found locally is at a restasurant named "Awful Annie's" with a name like that, ya know it's good. (but not quite grandma's)

oh, Good evening, Reoville! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread