Reo Lounge Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I've never been there but always meant to go. I'll report in when I do; I need to make a trip to Parrots sporting goods anyway.

If the owners son is still there, tell him Kay said Hi with a big hug ( you don't actuallyhave to do it :D)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
EDIT: Just from experience, in my opinion, some of the best philly cheesesteaks I've had were near philly like inside a big mall called King of Prussia and in that food court I've tasted the best.
yanno I musta heard about that, because as I was reading, I was thinkin.....bet he's gonna say that King sumpthin place. But I was thinkin it was a restaurant called King sumpthin til you said the King of Prussia mall. Hope I can remember that if I ever get up there, it'll be good to have 3 cheesesteaks to try. :lol: I am sure the bread could make or break a good cheesesteak. Bad bread can totally ruin most any sammich

biscuits&gravy may be a much harder find. i'm seeking something as good as my grandma's.
I don't think you'll ever find one in a restaurant as good as grandma's. You might find a decent biscuit, but even here in Texas, where biscuits and gravy are tied for the national dish with chicken fried steak (yes I meant to say national) lol I've never had a good biscuits and gravy in a restaurant. And hard to find a really good chicken friend steak. CFS should be done in a cast iron skillet, or at the very least on a flat top and most are deep fried. The only way to get really good gravy is to do small batches since it doesn't keep well, and places just don't have time for that, so they use package mix stuff and toss in some sausage.

tell him Kay said Hi with a big hug ( you don't actuallyhave to do it :D)
Yes he does! And......take video of it!! :lol:

Reactions: K31Scout

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Just
peeping_smiley_emoticon_by_chickenzoo-d6q91b0.gif
in to give everyone a "Hello" and a hug.
l_lovers.gif

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Just
peeping_smiley_emoticon_by_chickenzoo-d6q91b0.gif
in to give everyone a "Hello" and a hug.
l_lovers.gif
((((((Torey)))))))) good to see ya sweetie!! I haven't been on much the last couple of day. Been missin everyone.

Wound up with a turkey I didn't have room for in the freezer so hubby and I are moving our thanksgiving dinner up to today, lol on the plus side turkey sandwiches for the game today will be nice.
Happy Thanksgiving!! Was looking forward to cooking Thanksgiving supper this year, but if we do it here, my dil wants to do some pioneer woman recipes. Ack! I think the stuffin one she wants to do has no cornbread in it, and that's a crime! lol I'm at least gonna make my stuffin if I can, even if she does that one.

Reactions: misswish1

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Happy Thanksgiving!! Was looking forward to cooking Thanksgiving supper this year, but if we do it here, my dil wants to do some pioneer woman recipes. Ack! I think the stuffin one she wants to do has no cornbread in it, and that's a crime! lol I'm at least gonna make my stuffin if I can, even if she does that one.

At least she is trying, it can be hard when you are at the in-laws, no matter how nice they are or how much you care about them, holidays can be a bear. As each family will have there own traditions, many times they don't blend well, making it easier to start new ones.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
At least she is trying, it can be hard when you are at the in-laws, no matter how nice they are or how much you care about them, holidays can be a bear. As each family will have there own traditions, many times they don't blend well, making it easier to start new ones.
Yeah, the most important part is getting to be with them for part of it. They'll go to Austin (bout an hour away) earlier in the day to do Thanksgiving with some of her family. We've invited my son's dad, Aunt, and cousin over, but dunno yet if they're coming. My son and I also talked about inviting a couple soldiers from post with no family here, but dunno if he has yet. So, if no one comes we may not do much. But at least I'll be with em.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Yeah, the most important part is getting to be with them for part of it. They'll go to Austin (bout an hour away) earlier in the day to do Thanksgiving with some of her family. We've invited my son's dad, Aunt, and cousin over, but dunno yet if they're coming. My son and I also talked about inviting a couple soldiers from post with no family here, but dunno if he has yet. So, if no one comes we may not do much. But at least I'll be with em.

It is so awesome that you are inviting guys from base.

Reactions: Debadoo

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
Touchee, Debster! I'll let you in on a 'lil secret. What really makes a philly cheesesteak a philly cheesesteak -- is the bread! You'd think it could be the steak, or the cheese, or any fixin's on top, but nope, it's the bread actually.

EDIT: Just from experience, in my opinion, some of the best philly cheesesteaks I've had were near philly like inside a big mall called King of Prussia and in that food court I've tasted the best.
I can't remember the name but it's the only restaurant in the food court that sells cheesesteaks and thats all they sell. I confess, I've actually made the journey to that mall on a couple occasions simply to bring back 2-3 whole cheesesteaks (which is crazy 'cuz they can't be re-heated very well or they get to be a soggy mess)

RhP
Come on man... King of Prussia food court....

Get out and live a little Pat. I've spent plenty of time in KofP mall and you really need to venture the extra few miles to Philly for about 20 places better than mall grub...:)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Get out and live a little Pat. I've spent plenty of time in KofP mall and you really need to venture the extra few miles to Philly for about 20 places better than mall grub...:)
Howdy stranger!! How have you been?

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa

Dear father, RedhatPat here. Been 3 years since our last confession. Around the time you showed us photos of those wings on your grill. I must confess, If had a choice between mediocre philly cheesesteaks here vs. staying with your fam 'n your world famous bbq, I'd choose you folks hands down!

Happy turkey day this week to you ' yours from Amish country, brother.

RhP

Last edited:

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
The few times I've visited Philly, getting a good cheesesteak was always a top priority. The first time I visited I managed to find Jims steaks down on South street. Every other time I have visited Philly, I've always gone back to Jims steaks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Debadoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread