Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Well Deb it's not concerns as much as it is my vaping style. I Vape low Wattage in the morning and evening and increase the Watts as the day evolves, and regulated Mods don't allow for that; they give you what the batteries got at all times until it can't; with no adjustment. Maybe with exact builds and adjustment of your coil placement you can get a little but not quite as flexible as with a regulated mod. I sure wish the way REO builds quality into their Mods that they made a Regulated Mod, and since chatting with you and doing my own research on the Squonkers I've found some really nice Regulated Squonk Boxes, but the prices for reputable Companies has been out of my immediate price range. Something I would have to save up for; which isn't a problem either. SO I've ordered a Squonker that looks like a Vapor Flask to give it a try and see and go from there. Like I stated earlier I would never say never to a REO or too much of anything else for that matter within reason, but Regulated is the way I feel I'd like to go when it all comes out. Even if I end up spending more money for what I want. But you and the folks on The Porch have got me definitely interested in Squonking; which I had not known anything about and glad you turned me on to them. A neat concept for sure.;):cool:
Or simply have a couple atties with different ohms then when you think you need a hotter hit use the lower ohm one. But really once you get using it you might find you just find a sweet spot and stay there plus if you change your batt it will warm it up too

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
another thing you can do is if you hold the button for a few seconds before drawing to let the coils get good and hot you can adjust the temp. I know theres lots of good variable units out there but I assure you none will take the abuse a Reo will. Drop your variable one in the toilet and see what happens :lol:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Variable Wattage, personified.
Reos%202015_zps1dimrrfy.jpg

Actually, four of these are VV Reos. Rob used to make them. But the electronic chip is no where near as reliable as the mod itself. And Rob hates to see his customers disappointed.
For me personally, I just 'tune in' my Reos (usually 11- 12 Watts) and go. No drip, no adjusting, the on board bottle (6ml) is enough to last all day. A 2200mAh AW IMR battery also lasts all day. But I rarely use just one mod exclusively. The two mods on the far left (silver door, brass door) are my at-work mods. They go with me on overnight/ two-night runs. Load 'em up, go trucking, vape for two days.
My attraction to the Reos is the fact it is indestructible. My at-work Grands have been floorboard dribbled, running board bounced and once even (accidently) drop- kicked off of a stack of lumber. Atop a 48' Flat Bed Trailer. Onto a hardened chip-and-run loading area.
Just picked it up, dusted it off, and kept on vaping.
There are a few people who have tried the Reos and did not like the form factor. Mostly women with small hands, who did not like the top firing button. The upcoming P67 model should remedy this, with it's rounded corners and side firing mechanism. So just take your tax refund (or, if you are like me, your petty cash) and buy a couple P-67 models.
One with 1.5ohm coil for the day, one for dual coils at night.

Oh, and by the way, Hello REOVille. Yes, I am still around...

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Variable Wattage, personified.
Reos%202015_zps1dimrrfy.jpg

Actually, four of these are VV Reos. Rob used to make them. But the electronic chip is no where near as reliable as the mod itself. And Rob hates to see his customers disappointed.
For me personally, I just 'tune in' my Reos (usually 11- 12 Watts) and go. No drip, no adjusting, the on board bottle (6ml) is enough to last all day. A 2200mAh AW IMR battery also lasts all day. But I rarely use just one mod exclusively. The two mods on the far left (silver door, brass door) are my at-work mods. They go with me on overnight/ two-night runs. Load 'em up, go trucking, vape for two days.
My attraction to the Reos is the fact it is indestructible. My at-work Grands have been floorboard dribbled, running board bounced and once even (accidently) drop- kicked off of a stack of lumber. Atop a 48' Flat Bed Trailer. Onto a hardened chip-and-run loading area.
Just picked it up, dusted it off, and kept on vaping.
There are a few people who have tried the Reos and did not like the form factor. Mostly women with small hands, who did not like the top firing button. The upcoming P67 model should remedy this, with it's rounded corners and side firing mechanism. So just take your tax refund (or, if you are like me, your petty cash) and buy a couple P-67 models.
One with 1.5ohm coil for the day, one for dual coils at night.

Nice collection of REOs.

Reactions: Debadoo

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
hi there Oldbroad, you did indeed see me on the Porch, and now on here. After all couldn't pass up learning about a Vaping device that so many nice folks swear by; could I???? Not!:D had to find out what this was all about. And don't know much about Mech Mods but from what I have learned so far in the short time; I have to say that I sure like it. And the Gentlemen Rob, put some really nice craftsmanship into these devices.
And I am amongst good company in the Porch Members. Thanks for the welcome once again also I must add. :pop:< Oh yeah I'll be here for the show:)

S

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
hi there Oldbroad, you did indeed see me on the Porch, and now on here. After all couldn't pass up learning about a Vaping device that so many nice folks swear by; could I???? Not!:D had to find out what this was all about. And don't know much about Mech Mods but from what I have learned so far in the short time; I have to say that I sure like it. And the Gentlemen Rob, put some really nice craftsmanship into these devices.
And I am amongst good company in the Porch Members. Thanks for the welcome once again also I must add. :pop:< Oh yeah I'll be here for the show:)

So...my memory's not totally shot then,as i remembered you!

Lemme tell you...a mech mod is the way to go cuz it's so dang simple to operate even a old broad can get the hang of it:D

And when said oldbroad screws it up anyway,,once in a great while.....why, the modmaster just says " send it on it" and he fixes it up like brand new!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I sure wish the way REO builds quality into their Mods that they made a Regulated Mod,
He did a few years ago......but it was because of his quality concerns that he stopped. He had to get the chips elsewhere, and wasn't getting the quality he wanted to be able to put his name on it......which he does literally. REO = Robert E. O'Neil.

Hope you love the one you ordered! I did see your post about your vaping style on the porch after I'd asked you this, totally understandable.

(crap, wrote this out around noonish, and never posted it :facepalm:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hi Subwayaznm! I see you made your way to Reoville! No need to worry about switching low to higher from morning to evening! It is almost impossible to have only one REO! So you can set up two or more with the builds you need!
I don't mean to be an enabler but...
Anyways, glad to see you checking it out!

And hi Debadoo!
Hiya Chili!!!!!!! Was talkin to my g/f in Melissa yesterday, so of course was thinking about you! Good to see ya!

Drop your variable one in the toilet and see what happens :lol:
Do we speak from experience???

Hiya Papaw!!! Good to see you too and that gorgeous family! Can't wait to see the updated pic.....sounds like the p67 wait might be over within a week. Hard to say, but that's what it sounded like.

Hiya Kay! sorry I missed ya. Laid down at 2:14 for a 2 hr nap, didn't get up til 9:30 didn't hear the kids come in........daniel said my alarm kept going off........I said, why didn't ya beat on the door or sumpthin? He said I figgered ya needed the sleep if you weren't hearing the alarm next to your head.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
He did a few years ago......but it was because of his quality concerns that he stopped. He had to get the chips elsewhere, and wasn't getting the quality he wanted to be able to put his name on it......which he does literally. REO = Robert E. O'Neil.

Hope you love the one you ordered! I did see your post about your vaping style on the porch after I'd asked you this, totally understandable.

(crap, wrote this out around noonish, and never posted it :facepalm:
Good evening Deb, hey no deadlines here; I just enjoy each one of your thoughtful replies. I'm sure sorry that he doesn't make then any longer. But sure do like his quality and got to admire his code of ethics. So if he ever finds the right chip to resume the Regulated builds I would sure buy one. LOL even though I have twelve Mods now. I pass them on when I find someone that I know that wants to quit. Never want to miss an opportunity to save a breath.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Looking forward to a good game, lots of good football food and of course, my REOs. What a day.

We even have some football weather here in central florida too. 45 and overcast right now. It's been in the high 70s recently, so it's a welcomed change for super bowl Sunday.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread