Reo Lounge Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Hey Reoville. It's a cold gloomy wet day here in Mi. and I'm feeling blue...not cuz of the weather especially but cuz so many of the folks I enjoyed here have stopped dropping in on a regular basis and a lot have just stopped all together.When I first got here the place was jumping and I was welcomed with open arms, it was always full to the rafters, so to speak. If I happened to miss a day, which was rare, I had pages and pages to read.I have no idea why so very many of the people that were here when I got here have left but I miss so many of them.

Has the Reo lounge run it's course? Seems so...

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
Hey Reoville. It's a cold gloomy wet day here in Mi. and I'm feeling blue...not cuz of the weather especially but cuz so many of the folks I enjoyed here have stopped dropping in on a regular basis and a lot have just stopped all together.When I first got here the place was jumping and I was welcomed with open arms, it was always full to the rafters, so to speak. If I happened to miss a day, which was rare, I had pages and pages to read.I have no idea why so very many of the people that were here when I got here have left but I miss so many of them.

Has the Reo lounge run it's course? Seems so...

I haven't been around much for a while now but thought I should come back and keep with the times here. I've noticed that it's a bit quiet in REOville as a whole but I'm thinking that maybe it's because summer is here and folks are out and about. Maybe it's a just a quiet phase and it'll pick back up in time!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
This is REO Lounge number 6. Not likely to EVER run its course! But, summer and Christmas both tend to be very quiet online. Times when people are overly busy with RL.

I'm just barely beginning to recover from moving. I still have so much to do around here! I'll be arranging, adding more furniture and such from storage, then arranging more for a while still. I'm very slow at such things.

Not that anyone would notice when I'm not around. I'm not a very prolific poster to start with.

Don't worry, Kay. It'll be so busy that I have to start skipping pages again before you know it.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
San Antonio is fabulous! El Paso too!! Killeen/Ft Hood/Waco...not so much! California I love, especially the Bay Area!
Love San Antone, have only been through El Paso. This area isn't a ton of fun, but it's nice and quiet and a decent area. I don't get out much at all anymore anyhow, so it suits, but I really miss the ocean! California might be nice for some things, but the gov't has totally screwed up that state!

I have no idea why so very many of the people that were here when I got here have left but I miss so many of them.
I do think it's summer, cuz it's slower all over and always is, but I do miss several who haven't been posting so much. Don't wanna name some, cuz I know I'll forget some very important ones.

Kerplunk!!

Just little ol' me dropping by........
Very glad to see you droppin by, and around the forum, but miss talkin with ya!! Specially in da hangout.

Not that anyone would notice when I'm not around. I'm not a very prolific poster to start with.
We do too notice missy ma'am!! You are missed, but we know that you're super busy right now and super bushed. Hope the new apt is great for y'all!! I expect you're reveling in some of your new found privacy, I know I would be!!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Love San Antone, have only been through El Paso. This area isn't a ton of fun, but it's nice and quiet and a decent area. I don't get out much at all anymore anyhow, so it suits, but I really miss the ocean! California might be nice for some things, but the gov't has totally screwed up that state!

I do think it's summer, cuz it's slower all over and always is, but I do miss several who haven't been posting so much. Don't wanna name some, cuz I know I'll forget some very important ones.

Very glad to see you droppin by, and around the forum, but miss talkin with ya!! Specially in da hangout.

We do too notice missy ma'am!! You are missed, but we know that you're super busy right now and super bushed. Hope the new apt is great for y'all!! I expect you're reveling in some of your new found privacy, I know I would be!!

I checked the Hangout a few times last weekend to see if anyone was around. Nobody there or here.

From conversations with some that use to be in the lounge a lot I learned that when it starts to slow down and a post does not get a reply for a hour or so people look somewhere else.

It is fun when there are a lot of people on at one time and the chatting takes off! But when you pop in and post and keep checking for a reply that does not happen, it makes us lose interest.

I have tried a few times to get conversation started. But most times it is not working.

Hope it changes! I will contribute as I can!

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa

I just think Centex was very bland, cookie cut, too sprawled out, and depressed looking.... It's been 15 years since I've been down that way so maybe it's change some? One thing I did like was the weather. The heat and apocalyptic storms that came thru were truly epic! In fact if it wasn't for me meeting the now Mrs Underdawg, I would probably be down that way doing something related to the weather like.....storm chasing! :cool:
As for California, it's the landscape and scenery that I love, not so much the traffic or the politics, most folks seemed decent to me.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Karen, I have to tell you that the vid you made on the vid post damn near made me shoot coffee thru my nostrils! :D

Me? Surely you meant someone else! It was fun to do but took a long time to upload! I think I spent 4 hours total to get that one video posted!

Glad you got a good snort out of it! LOL!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I checked the Hangout a few times last weekend to see if anyone was around. Nobody there or here.
yeah, a couple people have started coming to the porch hangout I set up, so I reckin we aren't in the reo one anymore. Sorry bout dat. Holler at someone in pm when you have time to come in the hangout. Didn't realize folks were checkin the hangout.

I just think Centex was very bland, cookie cut, too sprawled out, and depressed looking.... It's been 15 years since I've been down that way so maybe it's change some?
yeah it's been built up a lot in the last 15 years, but still a fairly boring area. Mostly restaurants and some bars, and there are some other things to do, but not tons of stuff like big cities. But it's much cheaper to live here than in big cities. Just no ocean :(

Reactions: Underdawg736

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
Me? Surely you meant someone else! It was fun to do but took a long time to upload! I think I spent 4 hours total to get that one video posted!

Glad you got a good snort out of it! LOL!

Yeah you! You got a pottie mouth and you remind me very much of my mother, which isn't a bad thing at all!! Except she doesn't vape and the old man doesn't have any REOs....yet!

yeah it's been built up a lot in the last 15 years, but still a fairly boring area. Mostly restaurants and some bars, and there are some other things to do, but not tons of stuff like big cities. But it's much cheaper to live here than in big cities. Just no ocean :(

I'd like to go back down there one of these days just to see how much has changed. I remember Ft Hood was an open post and you could drive on and go anywhere without stopping at a gate.....not anymore! I know Austin has changed big time! I'd like to check out the 6th St area again, many memories down there!
Galveston isn't too far away is it? I spent a four day weekend down there and it was a blast! I don't remember how long it was to get there but between Austin and Houston did take forever!
Now I'm about 1 1/2 hours from the South Jersey Shore and 2 for Delaware. I'd like to get to either or this year at least once, but the family wants to go to the Poconos.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Kay, it is summer. Attendance has been done all over the forums, I think. I bet once it cools down, and the kids are back in school, it will pick back up. Even my favorite e juice forum has been slow too. (HHV) I go to the HHV forum, and Reo now. Those are my favorite two of all. I am still getting ready for my son's visit. He will be here Sat. afternoon. I can hardly contain my excitement. I haven't seen him in a year. Even his sister is taking vacation from work, to see him. I thought that was super nice. When I was in the USN and came home, my brother did not take vacation to see me...lol. Anyway, I have been preoccupied, I am sorry. I still don't have this computer squared away. I'm not gonna do any major changes, until my son has gone back. I don't have satellite anymore, and the only movies I get are on Netflix. My son and I like most of the same movies. He plans to fish a while when he comes home. The heat may make him change his mind about that though.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
FInally feeling human again, was beginning to think I would need to go back to the dr as finished the antibiotics yesterday.

Galveston is about 4 hours away and a pretty easy drive if ya go the back way. I haven't beent here in a very long time

I miss Galveston, is where I was born

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Good evening, Reoville!

the temp here hit 114 today, and i figured venturing out in the world was a bad idea. of course, right about the time the temp peaked, my daughter calls me cuz her computer that runs her bar died. of course her office where the computer is has no air conditioning, so it was at least 120 there. we managed to get it fixed with all the computer stuff i dragged with me.

so i sat in the bar and ate burgers and fries and drank diet coke until i could walk again. i met some of the "regulars"... one biddy was actually hitting on me.

But, i think she was only interested in free drinks cuz i'm the bar owners daddy. And.... besides.....

i'd rather do Kay :w00t:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I am still getting ready for my son's visit. He will be here Sat. afternoon. I can hardly contain my excitement. I haven't seen him in a year. Even his sister is taking vacation from work, to see him.
Wahooooo!!! Can't wait til you can see him!! So neat his sister is taking off too.

Four hours is a nice drive! You should indulge yourself for a weekend and head on down!
jup, not a bad drive at all, but since I don't have a car, it would take me 4 months to walk it!! :laugh:

so i sat in the bar and ate burgers and fries and drank diet coke until i could walk again. i met some of the "regulars"... one biddy was actually hitting on me.
good to see ya again hun!! Glad you were able to get it fixed for her, but hate ya had to go through all that. And even in your heat stroke/shriveled up state, yur still gittin the ladies! :lol:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
And even in your heat stroke/shriveled up state, yur still gittin the ladies! :lol:

He said it was hot. I don't recall him saying he was shriveled. bahahahahaha

Sorry Deb, I couldn't stop myself. I tried. heehee
viannen_39.gif

Mama, even old biddies need lovin'. The free drinks are just "gravy". Go get em'. :sneaky:

Was in bed before 12 o'clock and woke up at 7. If I didn't know better, I'd say I'm turning into a normal person at daddy's. We had a lot of rain last night and that is always an issue with me but nothing I can't handle.

Life is good. . .

Hope everyone has an awesome day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread