Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Pretty good, been at my son's house for a week, so am loving that. He had bone spur surgery this past Monday, and has the follow up appt this coming Monday to make sure it's all healing ok and see if he can go back to work. So I got to play mama and take care of him some when his wife was at work

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Good morning!
howdy.gif
Hope you all have a fun and lazy Sunday...

Reactions: Debadoo

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Hello REOvillians!

I just ordered DH a new REO Grand for his birthday. I am sick of his complaining about battery life and contacts on his old contact REO mini. I keep telling him he needs to maintain the poor little thing LOL. Anyway, I am sure he will be so pleased.

I noticed Rob has some "new" contacts. I upgraded my Grand to the gold ones, but are the "new" ones included on the stock new Grands? If so, are they gold and thus do not need the nail filing? I use deoxit on the old contacts, but on my gold ones I use the goldit or whatever it's called.

Thanks for the help!

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Hello REOvillians!

I just ordered DH a new REO Grand for his birthday. I am sick of his complaining about battery life and contacts on his old contact REO mini. I keep telling him he needs to maintain the poor little thing LOL. Anyway, I am sure he will be so pleased.

I noticed Rob has some "new" contacts. I upgraded my Grand to the gold ones, but are the "new" ones included on the stock new Grands? If so, are they gold and thus do not need the nail filing? I use deoxit on the old contacts, but on my gold ones I use the goldit or whatever it's called.

Thanks for the help!
all the new mods are updated with the new contacts and correct do not file the new ones :)

Good morning everyone nice and sunny out was supposed to rain all day I should be outside but thinking maybe I will have a lazy day :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I know I did.:sneaky::p:pervy::D
girl_wink.gif
Did you make more cobbler???? lol Been missin ya

I just ordered DH a new REO Grand for his birthday.
Kewl!!! We need deets, color, style etc. Like Darrel said, all new Reos come with the new gold plated contacts, and they also all come with the new adjustable 510 pin which I love. Can't break it, it's reverse threaded, comes with an allen key to adjust it. You can tighten attys down really tight without damaging it. If you do have any leaking, and many don't, but some do, usually an O ring will fix it, or just tightening it more if you're used to not tightening so much with the old ones. and as Darrel said DO NOT file the new contacts. Deoxit gold is great on em, just a touch on + contact and top of spring, and on both ends of the batts. Good to see ya in the lounge!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Well as a matter of fact, I did make another cobbler. Friday was daddy's 82nd birthday and of course I made him a blackberry cobbler. And then I made a banana pudding (so everyone would not devour his birthday cobbler).
girl_haha.gif
Then yesterday, we had a cookout. Just let me say I never met a ribeye steak that I did not like. Um um um, um um And although I didn't think the weekend could get any better. I didn't get up this morning and go to Walmart and shop like I have since June. I slept in. Only til 9:45 but it was very NICE!
lazy.gif

Going to have a couple of days of rain but that's okay. I'm ready for it. Hope everyone had a beautiful day.
tender.gif
U all.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California

Kewl!!! We need deets, color, style etc. Like Darrel said, all new Reos come with the new gold plated contacts, and they also all come with the new adjustable 510 pin which I love. Can't break it, it's reverse threaded, comes with an allen key to adjust it. You can tighten attys down really tight without damaging it. If you do have any leaking, and many don't, but some do, usually an O ring will fix it, or just tightening it more if you're used to not tightening so much with the old ones. and as Darrel said DO NOT file the new contacts. Deoxit gold is great on em, just a touch on + contact and top of spring, and on both ends of the batts. Good to see ya in the lounge!

It's good to see you too!

Okay, deets:
DH's 70th BDay is September 5th, but I already bought him a telescoping ladder for the RV; It was a "public" gift and he loves it. But he is constantly unsatisfied with the battery life of the little REO, so I got him the Grand version of his mini, and he still has his reomizer which will fit on it. It is the plainest jane ever, Black Wrinkled with no slits in the door, no ground down dripcup, just a Rob original get'er done. I got him a black delrin button since he gets little finger circles from trying to get more out of the batteries after they have discharged on his itty bitty one. Sterno "blacked" the reomizer, but most of it has rubbed off which is even cooler somehow. Den gave him a black and orange driptip from Tippy Tips, and he LOVES the look. I just upsized and "modernized" his old mini one for him.

I think the new 510 pin and contacts, and better battery life are going to make him much happier. And it comes with tools!!! He really likes tools.
:rolleyes:o_O:w00t:

:hubba: Just thinking of a new REO in the house makes me think maybe I need some new metal in my life too? I am still using my original Grand from forever ago...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well as a matter of fact, I did make another cobbler. Friday was daddy's 82nd birthday and of course I made him a blackberry cobbler. And then I made a banana pudding (so everyone would not devour his birthday cobbler).
girl_haha.gif
Then yesterday, we had a cookout. Just let me say I never met a ribeye steak that I did not like. Um um um, um um
yummmmmmm and a super de duper Happy Birthday to Dad!!!! Man it's been forever since I had a GOOD steak!! Love me a ribeye, T-bone or Porterhouse.

Black Wrinkled with no slits in the door, no ground down dripcup, just a Rob original get'er done. I got him a black delrin button since he gets little finger circles from trying to get more out of the batteries after they have discharged on his itty bitty one. Sterno "blacked" the reomizer, but most of it has rubbed off which is even cooler somehow. Den gave him a black and orange driptip from Tippy Tips, and he LOVES the look.
Kewl!!!! Now we need pics. Sterno, Kay and I are in the google hangout..... you should come join us. Sign in - Google Accounts

that goes for you too Miss Torey!! But you know the way, yur just playin hard to get!! so stop it!! hehehe

Reactions: Rat2chat2

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Oh, i mooch about - i read everything in here, even if i am sometimes too busy to post much.

Besides, the chance to nudge Val is too good to decline! :)

As weekends go, i'm with Darrel and have just loafed around rebuilding atties. I'm really hoping the 95f (but feels like 105f says the weathergirl all cheerful like) days are almost over.

T

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Besides, the chance to nudge Val is too good to decline! :)
Jup, don't get that very often. I've been at my son's for just over a week, so that's always nice. Last couple days had the house to myself. Got some more juice to make, but last night mixed 1/2 liter of my nic base.....then did 120 mls of my favorite which is a betelgeuse clone. Yummm still need to oil my woodvil and give the grand a bath, probably do that tonite. Wish I could find an old toothy brush. May wait til tomorrow to do that to see if my son has an old worn out t shirt he don't want for wipin off the oil. Might work better than paper towels.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i just use HRH's toothbrush - it's fantastic for cleaning atties too.

I ought to make some liquid - i'm down to about 60ml, but i'm such a lazy scrote that i'll wait until Tuesday and then whip up another 600ml. I don't use any nic anymore and as you know, it's hot enough here to not need to use PG either.

HRH makes a base liquid and then adds flavour to that, which is flexible if you like the same strength but different flavours. I just make the lot in one go.

T

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
i just use HRH's toothbrush - it's fantastic for cleaning atties too.

I ought to make some liquid - i'm down to about 60ml, but i'm such a lazy scrote that i'll wait until Tuesday and then whip up another 600ml. I don't use any nic anymore and as you know, it's hot enough here to not need to use PG either.

HRH makes a base liquid and then adds flavour to that, which is flexible if you like the same strength but different flavours. I just make the lot in one go.

T
ooooooooooo smurfette's gonna sic gargamel on you for using her toothy brush! lol

I make my juice the way she does. But, I gotta have my pg. I make it 70 or 75 pg 24mg nic. Make up a 1/2 liter at a time, then add my flavors when I wanna make a juice. 120 mls is the most I've made of one flavor at a time, but haven't been diy'ing very long. That used up the rest of the base I had made up, so made another 500 mls of base. If it don't last any longer than the last batch did, next batch might be a liter of base. But I was making some for some other folks, so we'll see how long this batch lasts. Particularly with the 120 ml already made up

Reactions: misswish1

Neolithium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Well discovered I cannot BBQ a roast worth a damn LMAO. Overcooked, somehow. Thing was 2kg but 4 hours at like 120 degrees still made some only half decent meat. Least I had some new ejuice to make it worthwhile. I haven't figured out of maybe the temp gauge on my BBQ is hooped, or if I'm just that bad - my Pork Tenderloin turns out beyond amazing....maybe its just a new cut I dunno how to make.

Time to figure that out over a bottle of wine since I have a golf tournament tomorrow and don't have to worry about work. Maybe I should crack open one of my R&J Churchills to let Cuba settle my rage.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well discovered I cannot BBQ a roast worth a damn LMAO. Overcooked, somehow.
never heard of anyone bbq'ing a roast, and I'm from Texas, we'll bbq just about anything. But usually a flatter meat, like brisket would cook better I'd think. If you were gonna do a roast, I'm thinkin you might need to smoke it for 12 hrs or so and just break everything down to get it tender. Pork roast would probably be better than beef also, but a beef one would break down doing that.

Reactions: vsummer1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread