bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
thanks

but it's more of a tongue thing...

all that working out and sweating at the gym...

still waiting for this to become an olympic event...

:)
Have you considered going pro? Only so far you can go as an amateur and fending off the Asians in competition is a tough task I'm told.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Have you considered going pro? Only so far you can go as an amateur and fending off the Asians in competition is a tough task I'm told.

are you looking for a job as an agent? is the standard 10%?

i'll have to send you my recommendations...

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
DANG!!!!!

I missed all the fun last night!!!!!!!

Roger...
don't be such a stranger anymore...what a treat reading last night's posts!!!

Oh..and you definately need to come into the Hangout with us...you'd surely fit right in:lol::lol:

and you'd be a great buffer for Dennis when the wild n crazy women get on a roll!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Now I know that times change and people move on but.......what the hell happened to The Lounge?
It used to be a happening place.
I know, I know, I haven't been around here for awhile keeping the conversation lively. I suppose i should take some of the blame but come on, REOfolks--I'm seeing like 16 hours or more of no activity and more on a regular basis. Did R. J. Reynolds buy out REOS mods? I'm just kidding of course. Hey , perk up! Anybody home? I'm stealing all the Hoody's Peanuts off the coffee table. YOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Roger..I've been singing that selfsame song for months now and getting a few "excuses". I basically don't bother to come visit much anymore cuz there's been such a dramatic change in here.....

I mean...I already talk to myself as it is..:D

I've started thinking of it as Reo Ghost Town....

dang:eek:...there goes some tumbleweeds!

t

t

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well the weather is pretty nice the past few days. I had looked forward to doing some trimming on shrubs, and cutting blackberry vines etc... I hate to weed these days, but it desperately needs work. I have had something constantly going on, to prevent me from doing my usual. I think it was Friday evening that I cracked some ribs. I was in my computer chair, and I shut down the computer. The light didn't go out, which happens sometimes. I decided to lean over the arm of the chair, and reach way over, to turn off the switch on the power strip. Big mistake. I cannot tell you the instant harsh pain that occurred when I did that. I have done it a million times before. I have also leaned on my arm rest in my vehicle, and never a problem. Well, I guess I hit that magic age when my bones aren't as strong as they used to be. I didn't go to the hospital, or the doctor about it. They won't do anything for it. So I wrapped it with some self adhering tape. (sports tape) I guess I am allergic to the adhesive. I had to take the wrap off. I let it air out, and later I will put it back. Getting older is not for weenies, I'll tell ya that much. I was looking forward to taking my dog for walks again, now the weather is nice. Scratch that idea, at least for a while. I have to hold the leash in my right hand. I hurt the ribs on my left side. I was going to work on her pulling issue. I haven't had a dog that will pull as hard as her. Most of the time it is fine. But if I take her out to use the great outdoor facilities, sometimes a cat or something is there. I dread that, because the dog does not seem to mind pressure on her collar. (even a choke collar does not stop her) If she sees a cat, she runs to the end of the leash, and my arm socket is wrenched. She likes the cats that belong here. As I mentioned, I have my cat, and my daughter's cat. But any other cat, squirrel, dog, anything else, she feels it is her duty to drive them away. She is very determined about her job too. Usually I work on the pulling stuff when a puppy reaches a certain age. But I got very sick last year, during her heel training. Then since this spring it has been one thing after another. I don't walk her in the summer. It is too hot for both of us.

Reactions: misswish1

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Well the weather is pretty nice the past few days. I had looked forward to doing some trimming on shrubs, and cutting blackberry vines etc... I hate to weed these days, but it desperately needs work. I have had something constantly going on, to prevent me from doing my usual. I think it was Friday evening that I cracked some ribs. I was in my computer chair, and I shut down the computer. The light didn't go out, which happens sometimes. I decided to lean over the arm of the chair, and reach way over, to turn off the switch on the power strip. Big mistake. I cannot tell you the instant harsh pain that occurred when I did that. I have done it a million times before. I have also leaned on my arm rest in my vehicle, and never a problem. Well, I guess I hit that magic age when my bones aren't as strong as they used to be. I didn't go to the hospital, or the doctor about it. They won't do anything for it. So I wrapped it with some self adhering tape. (sports tape) I guess I am allergic to the adhesive. I had to take the wrap off. I let it air out, and later I will put it back. Getting older is not for weenies, I'll tell ya that much. I was looking forward to taking my dog for walks again, now the weather is nice. Scratch that idea, at least for a while. I have to hold the leash in my right hand. I hurt the ribs on my left side. I was going to work on her pulling issue. I haven't had a dog that will pull as hard as her. Most of the time it is fine. But if I take her out to use the great outdoor facilities, sometimes a cat or something is there. I dread that, because the dog does not seem to mind pressure on her collar. (even a choke collar does not stop her) If she sees a cat, she runs to the end of the leash, and my arm socket is wrenched. She likes the cats that belong here. As I mentioned, I have my cat, and my daughter's cat. But any other cat, squirrel, dog, anything else, she feels it is her duty to drive them away. She is very determined about her job too. Usually I work on the pulling stuff when a puppy reaches a certain age. But I got very sick last year, during her heel training. Then since this spring it has been one thing after another. I don't walk her in the summer. It is too hot for both of us.

Sorry to hear about your ribs!!! I did the same thing on Thursday reaching over my armrest in the van to find a REO that fell while I was turning a corner. It still hurts. I know from my fractured rib a few months ago that it is the same pain.

You should not use any tape or wrapping. The Dr. office told me that has changed from long ago. Now they want you to only take deep breaths. Some people with broken ribs develop pneumonia from not breathing deep because it hurts.

I remembered the wrapping as something I always saw on tv when people broke ribs. I put on a elastic support and was told to remove it.

Hope you heal quickly. Try to keep movement of the area low and don't strain it!

I am right here with ya trying to heal too! :wub:

Oh...the REO....well I left it alone and grabbed my other one. Put it down in the old ashtray and lost it on another turn! Lucky I was just a couple blocks from stopping!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh dang kkay, so sorry to hear that. Hope your ribs heal quickly. Karen did that awhile back with something just as silly, something you'd never dream would cause that type of injury. I don't know if insurance is an issue or not, but if not, would be a good idea to get an xray, just to make sure nothing is getting ready to poke a lung.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
and she beat me to it.......Karen.....dang darlin.....again?? Hope this one isn't as bad as the last one

It is just as bad.. This is on the side more and aggravated more by my movements. No doctor visit or xray this time. I don't need them to tell me what I did! If it is just a fracture there are no sharp parts to poke. A clean break would be more dangerous. LOL!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
No, it is the opposite side. And actually the side not towards the front like last time. I think the armrest had it in for me! LOL! My two REO's were fine even with the fall and sliding across the floor!

wow, so sorry hun. Jup a break is much more dangerous. Hope it is just a fracture. No more leaning for you!!
Is this the same side, or the other side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread