Status
Not open for further replies.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Bellababyphoto5weeksold9-11-14_zps25f7b7d5.jpg

Here is my puppy Bella. I got her in September of 2014.

Bellaturning6monthsold2-7-15IMG_5996_zps79a261b1.jpg

Here is a pic of her as she just turned 6 months old. She was solid black on top. Her color was black and cream. Now she is going to be sable I think.
I have no idea what her coat will look like in a few months! Her mom was a white GSD, and her dad was a Red Merle Aussie.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Thanks. To me it looks like she took more off of the German Shepherd, via her white GSD mom. Her dad was the Aussie. I have always loved the GSD since I had mine when I was an early teen. My dog was a white GSD too. I miss her still. This dog reminds me of the one I had when I was young. Except my puppy is hyper, and the other one wasn't. I will add a photo of that dog. I took a photo of a pic I had.

I just noticed the date when I took this photo. It was right before I got my puppy. My old dog was GSD, but my mom said she was part wolf. I dunno, but she did have wolf traits. That hair around the side of her face, is just like what my puppy has now. It is cool looking. But some people might think my pup is Siberian Husky...lol. But she is not, not at all. You can see some Aussie in her, but not a lot. Her temperament is mainly GSD. (the hyper part came from the Aussie) She has a way with other animals, that is two breed of shepherd working for her there too. The intelligence though, I'd say it is a mix of both breeds as well.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have no one else to share this with, but a very dearly loved friend and companion passed yesterday. So this is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes for both Skipper and my son.

Skipper was born in early December 1985, joined our family on January 18th, 1986 as a just weaned baby White Eyed Conure that immediately touched our hearts as a family, has continued to touch them ever since, even all the years since we have no longer been a family together. He would have been 30 years old this December.

My son was 8 years old when he came to live with us, and he chose the name Skipper. When we moved to the desert 6 years later Skip moved into his room with him, and has been with him ever since. They grew up together, were very loyal and dedicated to each other, were literally inseparable. He was always a center of attention, including anytime we got together after we all had our separate lives. Skip never forgot my ex or I, was always excited to see either of us again.

Two days prior the bird vet said nothing could be done for Skipper, he would soon die from old age. My son spent all of his last hours together with him, I’d bet with both of them focused on each other. He passed peacefully while sitting on my sons chest. He now rests in a hard side padded case with his name on it, inside a message about his life as a member of our family, all his favorite toys and there is a picture of my son as well so they will always be together. He picked a site under a Joshua tree next to a rock ledge on the side of a mountain so Skipper has a wonderful view of the valley below, and will get the last rays of the setting sun. It’s unmarked so won't be disturbed, close enough to my son’s house to be easily visited.

Skipper was truly loved, and he will be missed by all three of us.

These top two pictures are a couple of years old. I’m guessing the bottom one the last one taken of him. That would be exactly like Skip… sitting on his lap focused on him to the end.

skipper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread