Status
Not open for further replies.

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO
From what I've seen on the forum, the 2.1 will use the same 18490 batteries, the 2.1 will be rounded a bit more in the back and will have a larger drip well to accommodate more of the rebuildable attomizers. I believe that is the only difference from the 2.0. Congrats on your new REO!
Sorry for the stupid question, i am going to put a order in at my local vender for batteries. What sized battery will the 2.1 run? Same as the 2.0?

Cheers

Aaron

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
You can always buy a raw tumbled door and take your chances with your local anodizer . I dont see gold anodize happening again .

There is a person on ECF and he has a FB page who does some really amazing anodizing. He does, though, have to get the raw REOs without the pressed catch cup fitting. After he does the process REO can then be sent back to REO for the fitting and finish innards. His prices are pretty reasonable especially if you don't get all wild and crazy with multiple colors, designs, etc. Even with "wild and crazy" the prices are good. Beautiful work, too. I asked him if he did any animal skin patterns. He hasn't done any successfully as there is only so much control he has in the multi colored patterens and the way the process has to be done. He does mostly tube mods but wants to do some REOs. I was thinking a Blue Merle look, like my Blue Heelers, with some "fading" gold like their gold colored legs, face, and chest, would be crazy beautiful but he's not real optimistic about it. I'm going to start with a multi-colored splash. And will have him ream out the Mini CC a little, to better fit all RBAs when prepping it. With his process he only does aluminum so perfect for our aluminum REOs. He does aluminum DTs, too. I'm going to send him my grey Hornet cap to do in all Black. I like the Hornet grey but I have plenty of SS RBAs to play with torching or texturing.

Feisty Alice

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
dowantdowantdowant
do-want-dowantdowantdowant.jpg

What are the dimensions of the 2.1 please?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well I couldn't hold out against some persistant encouragement from a certain Okie named JC. Just ordered up a red matallic 2.1. Where is the damn mailman? Hope it makes it by Tuesday before DW's surgery. :)

I'm living vicariously through you. I can't afford one, so the next best thing is to spend your money for you.... :) J/K

EDIT: Actually, I have my eyes on another VV Grand..... These are tough decisions.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Well I couldn't hold out against some persistant encouragement from a certain Okie named JC. Just ordered up a red matallic 2.1. Where is the damn mailman? Hope it makes it by Tuesday before DW's surgery. :)

Ratman, the red metallic is off the chain! It is such a striking looking mod. You are going to love it.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Ratman, the red metallic is off the chain! It is such a striking looking mod. You are going to love it.

Well I am glad you chimed in Bro and added some more evidence for my defense trial as all of your pics of your Red Head definitely influenced my choice! I am sure Sammy Hagar would approve as well. The temporary insanity plea defense is looking more and more like it will work. Who could resist with all of these influences.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Well I am glad you chimed in Bro and added some more evidence for my defense trial as all of your pics of your Red Head definitely influenced my choice! I am sure Sammy Hagar would approve as well. The temporary insanity plea defense is looking more and more like it will work. Who could resist with all of these influences.

My red powdercoat 2.0 has been hidden away, replaced by this red metallic grand. My 11 year old asked if it was a new one, I had to fib and tell him that I accidentally messed up the finish by soaking it in alcohol. My wife doesn't even realize it is a new REO! So I hear you on the the guilty thing!

Here's my analogy...

RED PC = Ferrari / team Honda red, fire alarm device red. Awesome.

Red metallic = dark red almost burgundy, very subtle yet striking reflections on the details from all angles. No glitter. Manly as hell. Straight awesome. I can't put it down.

Ya done good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread