Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Well it's here. My Red metallic REO Mini 2.1 arrived today. It is certainly a striking color and I can not look at it yet without thinking of Dorothy's ruby red slippers from Wizard of Oz! LoL It is a good departure for me tho as all of my pv's are black, chrome, stainless or dark gray. Need some color on my desk! Here are some photos to show what I mean. Kind of stands out doesn't he?

20130225_171249_zpsf55ea6f1.jpg

20130225_172352_zps6b58c6ee.jpg

20130225_172411_zps2cc7cf30.jpg

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Well it's here. My Red metallic REO Mini 2.1 arrived today. It is certainly a striking color and I can not look at it yet without thinking of Dorothy's ruby red slippers from Wizard of Oz! LoL It is a good departure for me tho as all of my pv's are black, chrome, stainless or dark gray. Need some color on my desk! Here are some photos to show what I mean. Kind of stands out doesn't he?

Nice collection Robert :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks :) I am short a REO though, 5 Bottom feeders to 6 tube mods. Have to keep it even or they start fighting. I am out of space though! That space is reserved for the New Mystery REO coming our way Summer 2013!
ha ha ha yep that is one you will want for sure .You do realize you fall into the mod junky category

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
ha ha ha yep that is one you will want for sure .You do realize you fall into the mod junky category

Yes, yes I do. One of my failings of which I have learned to accept about myself. "Hello, my name is Rob and I am a mod junky, a juice junky, a carto tank junky and a budding RBA junky." Acceptance is the first step....towards getting another mod!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Yes, yes I do. One of my failings of which I have learned to accept about myself. "Hello, my name is Rob and I am a mod junky, a juice junky, a carto tank junky and a budding RBA junky." Acceptance is the first step....towards getting another mod!
Yep you got the bug buddy it will fade in time it always does

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I am actually doing much better now although not completely cured yet. I did go major nutso buying up all kinds of stuff and learning at a voracious pace for the first 4 months. I took it easy for the last 4 months buying very little more than just maintenance supplies/juice until just the last week and most of the stuff I have gotten recently, I have traded for.

No way I could keep up that pace nor did I really want too. I do not really see myself buying much more other than the odd new REO such as the new one you are working on.

I am just incredibly thankful for vaping and how it has helped me get off of cigarettes. I am also a geek at heart so vaping and everything that goes with it just pushed all the right buttons for me.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
For shure... A Grand if you have to spend all day outside home.. the mini 18490 if one come back home for lunch..and the mini wvill for a dinner out or theatre! The perfect Reo balance!

Please stop posting comments that make such perfect sense and will result in me buying another REO. I hadn't thought about getting a mini 2.1 since I got my Woodvil 18490 to pair with my Grand.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I am actually doing much better now although not completely cured yet. I did go major nutso buying up all kinds of stuff and learning at a voracious pace for the first 4 months. I took it easy for the last 4 months buying very little more than just maintenance supplies/juice until just the last week and most of the stuff I have gotten recently, I have traded for.

No way I could keep up that pace nor did I really want too. I do not really see myself buying much more other than the odd new REO such as the new one you are working on.

I am just incredibly thankful for vaping and how it has helped me get off of cigarettes. I am also a geek at heart so vaping and everything that goes with it just pushed all the right buttons for me.
I watched you I could see you had the fever lol . I to am really grateful to me vaping was a miracle . I thought I would die from smoking .

I remember seeing adds in magazines one day I was strolling through the mall and there was a guy selling pen e cigs . I grabbed two one for me and one for my mother I took a beating like $225 maybe a little more hard to remember at this point and I was off and running .
I to am a geek so it appealed to me very much so . I called them usb sparks . I didn't go down the buying mods road though I went down the I can build it road . The obsession began and here I am still shucking mods

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I, too started with a mall e-cig (for over $200 for one battery and one atomizer!!!) and soon found ECF and got on the right track. Rob...looks like this month (Feb.) is your 3-year vaping anniversary? I started in June of 2010, so mine's coming up. Anyway, gave myself a REO for my 6-month milestone in January of 2011. That was pretty early in the REO timetable....I think your first run had been in November of 2010...??? Anyway, have only used REOs since. I'm so glad you're a geek. :)

-Jan-

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I was in the same club. Strolling around a local fairground and stopped by a booth selling e-cig that looked like a real cigarette, 5 tiny little cartridges with sealed aluminum foil, and a charger for $125.00!! I thought it was the greatest thing sibce sliced bread. Sucked on those little cartridges and saw a little glimpse of "smoke" wow! :) Then graduated to the 510 battery and blank cartridges and filled my own. My first act of "modding"! Then in the constant search of tweaking and getting the best I started visiting the aquarium shop for "fluval" blue foam to replace the polyester fill in carts. Spend my nights cutting little squares and putting in cartridges and being able to put in 20 drops of liquid! Wow! Then went thru the "Blue" cigarette stage because they had a cool little plastic box/charger carrying case. Wow! then a big step as the Ego arrived, wow! Then the start of endless experimenting with attys, tanks, cartomizers! Then came the 306 LR atty, wow!
Then came the REO, now the RBA. Wow, Wow!!
So 3 years later and hundreds of dollars later I am here with my mini woodvil, regular mini, 2 Hornets. All done looking for "better" because I don't believe there is anything better available. My only complaint now is that I have nothing to fiddle with, nothing better to buy, the hunt for the best is over ! Now what do I do with myself??
I guess the only thing I have to look forward to now is the day when the REO God starts up production of the Woodvils again! ( hint, hint)!

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
All done looking for "better" because I don't believe there is anything better available. My only complaint now is that I have nothing to fiddle with, nothing better to buy, the hunt for the best is over ! Now what do I do with myself??

This x 100! The only reason I even look at other mods etc is for the fiddle factor. I honestly do not believe a better vape exists than what we have here with a REO, LR RBA atty and some good juice. I like to fiddle tho. So something new comes in the mail, usually via trade, every now and then.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
This x 100! The only reason I even look at other mods etc is for the fiddle factor. I honestly do not believe a better vape exists than what we have here with a REO, LR RBA atty and some good juice. I like to fiddle tho. So something new comes in the mail, usually via trade, every now and then.

My latest "mini discovery" is that I was shopping the RTD vapor site to get some backup batteries and noticed a nice shorty widemouth Delrin drip tip.So... of course I ordered a few to sratch my itch. I am here to report that it may be my imagination but I swear I get more vapor from them! It's like drinking beer from a regular bottle vs. a "chug a lug" widemouth bottle. It would seem to make sense as that drip tip designs are normally very small hole where they taper as they were designed for dripping. Now that we are no longer dripping with our RBAs and REOs why use that type drip tip? These little babies are cool because they have a much larger opening so they deliver more vapor with the same draw. They look great on a Hornet also! very nice stealth shape to compliment the the shape of the Hornet. Might want to check them out . RTD vapor - Drip Tips - 510 Black delrin Type A @ $3.50 Just sayin! :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

Ratman, that metal flake red looks beast. It looks different than mine though. I guess mine is an anodized red metallic.

Nice choice bro.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread