Reo Mini Vaping issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Civitasdei

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Stillwater, Oklahoma
I've been a long time reader of this forum. Decided to join today because of the issues I'm having with my Reo Mini... I was really looking forward to this mod, but I am so far extremely disappointed. This thing just doesn't vape and doesn't give any flavor. The main reason I decided to get a Mini was that my eGo-T was a great vaper, but didn't give much flavor; moreover, the eGo-T experience is unreliable in general. So far, I'd take the eGo-T over this anyday.

Does anyone have information that could shed some light on this affair? I am currently waiting for an email response from reomods. I hope they can clear this up. Youtube review soon to follow.

Black and Red Mini
tried 4 different 510 attys
have tried SEVERAL 3.7v protected batteries
rotated several quality juices from FSUSA with various pg/vg mixtures.

wat do?

Dee74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Tampa Bay,Fl
I was having the same type of problem and just now got it resolved due to mudflaps great help. Check the o ring in cap to make sure it is seating correctly. Hope Mudflap does not mind me posting this:

Try taking your bottle of juice off, dry the feed tube with a paper towel, then hold the bottom of it with your finger tip, plugging the hole. Bring the Mini to your mouth and draw on the atty to see if the air flow is tighter. It should be a noticeably tighter draw. If it's still airy, inspect the tube and try to find a hole or split.

The other possibility that comes to mine is the actual 510 connector seated in the reservoir cup. If it's defective, Rob would definitely replace it for you for no charge other than shipping the Mini back to him for repair.

If you haven't resolved this issue yet and can't figure it out, please PM Rob about it.

Last edited:

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What ohm is the 510 atty? If you have a high resistance atty with a 3.7V battery your not going to get much of nothing!
Need a multi meter to read the voltage of the battery right off the charger!
What battery are you using?
Take the atty off and blow it out using a papertowel to cover the threads to catch any juice that will come out!
Clean out the catch cup, before you do sqounk on the bottle to make sure that the juice is comming out!
Once you blow out the atty, place it back into the mini. Then hit the fire button for a second listeneing for it to fire!
Now gently suck on on the mouth piece while slowly squeezing the bottle, listen for the gurgle then stop. Now hit the fire button and vape away

Big Daddy Harley

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa
14500 i mean

Hey Civitasdei, Sorry you are having some problems, something is going on for it not to be performing. Many people own these mods and have tremendous results, this is why something is not right. if you have a multimeter check the batteries right off the charger, they should measure 4.1-4.2v, are the atty's LR atty's or RR atty's? try blowing through them then put them back on, make sure that the cap on the bottle has a real snug fit and the o-ring in the cap is seated right. also check that the feed tube is not kinked, you can slide the cap up and down on the tube to straighten it. I'll keep thinking and check back

Big Daddy Harley

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa
I blew out the atty and did a blind squonk. The tube system seems to be feeding properly. Hmmm I looked at the connector for the atty and all seems well there, too. I guess my only option is to go LR... Is anyone else using a high resistance atty and is satisfied with vapor and flavor?

On my grand wich is just a larger mini, I only use 2.0 om atty's and below, at 3.7v the higher resistance doesn't get the atty as hot, thus creating less vapor and flavor. I would suggest getiing a few different ohm atty's and find which is good for you

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
OK, then that would seem to indicate that not enough power is getting to the atty.

With the battery out, take a look at the metal strip (firing pin) that is pushed down by the button. Is it centered on the button? If not, maybe it isn't making good contact with the battery.

Was this a brand-new Mini, or one that you picked up in the classifieds? If it is used, perhaps it just needs a little Noalox on the firing pin.

Also, make sure that the button isn't locked - turn it all the way to the left.

poeslawyer

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
The Illadelph
If it indeed the batteries, which I suspect it is not being that they are brand new , does anyone have any suggestions for batteries? I'll be checking as soon as I can get a hole of a multimeter

These when they are back in stock. Someone else linked to another place that had protected Li-Ion 1400s for like $5 per 2-pack, but I'm not sure where. I got mine from MadVapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread