Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi -

I have a REO SL/LP with the new 510 and upgraded contacts. It is a great mod, like all REOs, but this one is giving me a bit of trouble.

With regularity, the contact actually seems to slip behind the button top on the battery a bit and while it still compresses down the spring, it will not fire. I have pulled it apart, but internally, it looks like my other REOs, but it behaves differently. In addition, the 510 never seems to hold its place...it seems to work its way downward very often and I think this also may be part of the issue. So, there might be a couple of things in play.

I can usually adjust everything a bit to make it work, but it definitely does not hit as hard as my other REOs and I am looking for any suggestions before I send this one back to Rob for adjustment.

Thanks, all!

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Simple fix... you need to tighten the feed tubes nipple that holds the positive contact in place.

Second time I've posted this video this morning. All you'll need to do is remove the batt, bottle/feed tubing, black delrin cover, hold the contact in position and tighten the nipple "snug". HTH

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Thanks for the advice and suggestions! I tried the above and well, my nipple, seems to be okay. (Sorry, I could not resist. Leave a door open, and I will walk through it.)

Any other suggestions? Upon further inspection it seems that the button itself catches a bit and I wonder if that is contributing to the above?

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thanks for the advice and suggestions! I tried the above and well, my nipple, seems to be okay. (Sorry, I could not resist. Leave a door open, and I will walk through it.)

Any other suggestions? Upon further inspection it seems that the button itself catches a bit and I wonder if that is contributing to the above?

Ruff button shaft? Wouldn't be the first time I've had to remove the button and file the hole (small round file) a little to smooth it out.

With all that could happen and all the probs I'd just send it in and let the mod master check it out.

Reactions: Plumes.91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread