Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I noticed disclaimers in the video and on the screen. I hope these disclaimers came through advice from my brothers and sisters of the bar and not by unpleasant experiences given by them.

Sad but Yeah I put them up when I started to receive threats from some douche claiming his kid badly burned himself or something and upon searching his computer "noticed that his kid was referencing my videos". I initially felt bad for the dude and his kid but he was highly insulting and appeared to be looking for someone to blame their ignorance on. It's a freaky workd we live in - this guy was like "I've spent all afternoon at my lawyers and it turns out there's a lot of unplowed ground surround Vaping and liability" or some B S like that. So when I realize how deeply demented some people can be I took some action and began to cover for parents who are not up to the task of teaching their kids that they are responsible for their own actions and stupidity is not someone else's fault.

Lame but it's life.

It's good to have friends who are lawyers. They laughed pretty hard at the whole straw grasp deal.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I would be happy if the non-wooden insert was offered for sale by itself. I build in the 1 - 1.2 Ohm range with stainless on an RM2. The only thing I miss about the Grand in the P67 is the ability just wash it out.

I believe Rob may offer the ultem or peek inserts as a part you can buy.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great vid again Russ... I'm waiting for Rob to make an all SP version of this bad boy to go all in on. Though this ones very tempting, I just like the look and feel of the SP version of his devices...

Thank you Mike! Yeah man SL all around could be slick bro.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Good vid Super X, now you have me wanting one of these. Need to sell the minis to bank up for the P67.
Noticed the disclaimer too, shame we as a society are that far gone.

The P67 IMO destroys grands and minis in every imaginable way.

Yes disclaimering sucks. Maybe I should make vids teaching people how to build 0.01 ohm triple alien staple zipper coils. Oh wait - there's plenty of other channels for that.

Reactions: muzichead

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
With the ultem insert, (or delrin), you can rinse your device out whereas not with the wood insert...

Thank you - I was aware of that. If that is what X was referring to then I totally missed his point.

Right around the 4 minute mark he says something about Rob using wood because folks tend to neglect their mods and he wanted something "durable as hell". He goes on to say that if you are not a "mod taker carer ofer" that the ultem would not hold up well - but that it can resist a bath. All of which means to me that the wood insert is more robust than the ultem, in which case I have no reason to update my V1 P67s to ultem inserts.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Rob used wood because it was more durable and "Hoople Proof", than anything else at the time... He is now going to sell the Ultem and Delrin, (I believe), as accessories for the P67 so that you would be able to rinse the device when you wanted to clean the insides. I do know Rob has mentioned the Ultem will not or won't be good for those that vape under say .3Ω as it would'nt be able to take the heat of the device...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I believe he is going with peek in the upcoming and any future batches rather than Ultem.

Robs general concern was that people who don't maintain their mods or contacts and try to vape at super low resistance *could possibly* melt the ultem but not the treated wood on the V1. I believe he tested the ultem and ultimately the peek and decided that it would hold up to abuse from lack of maintenance.

Don't know if I explained that well or in a way that makes sense but Rob's primary goal with the insert material is a hoople proof mod, thus he felt that the ultem, with its possibility of melting if in the hands of like the 0.15 ohm vaper who doesn't know about basic contact maintenance in a mech, may not be the best option.

I've run mine in the very low 0.3 ohm range because the wire I had on hand was 26 ga 316L SS and have had nothing but positive feedback for the performance of the mod. I have since built it to a more sensible 0.5 ohms now that I have 28 ga 316L SS though.

Yeah @gpjoe bro, been experimenting with some flavors and have settled on one in particular lol.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Again, thank you X for making sense of my confusion. I kind of got the impression that there was more to it than submerging the wood during a bath and you verified that.

I have three P67s and will probably go with the peek or ultem (or whatever wood substitute Rob releases) to upgrade mine. Or at least have a couple on hand as replacements. I'm not doing super sub-ohm vaping on my Reos and usually stay above .4 - and I have plenty of other mods that are capable of going lower if the mood strikes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread