Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I have a Chalice that's in the depths of my vape box for that very reason! I blew 3 springs in one day trying to get that thing working right! I had everything ready and assembled on the ohm reader and it read 1.2. Screwed it on the Reo... Bam! Blown spring! I put it back on the ohm reader, .09 ohms. I just couldn't get the wires clipped close enough to not touch anything. I may revisit it in a few years, but screw that thing! I'll keep using my RM2 for now!
I'm betting you tried this but have you tried to wrap the wire on the post from the outside so that they end up curling towards the inside of the bowl? Hope that makes sense? (I clip mine very, very short. Some have had success wiggling the end of the trapped coil to break them off close to the post also).
Just a thought...

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Some things to try:

Rubber band between the head of the screw and the screw driver, gives it a little more grip!
Give the end of the screw driver a sharpish tap with a hammer.
Heat can sometimes help shift a stuck screw.
Move the spring backwards and forwards around the screw with a pair of long nose pliers.

Once it starts to move it should come out easily.....

Good luck.......

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
RM3 Questions:

Howdy folks! Thanks to Vapeaddikt's fine tutorial I took both of my RM2s apart, cleaned them, dried them and reassembled them this weekend. One of them still performs way better than the other. The one with less oomph has a post that screws in too far so I'm thinking about trying the sliver of kanthal hack (now that I know how to take them apart and reassemble) but in case that doesn't work I wanted to ask a few questions about the RM3 (from browsing it seems it's comparable to the RM2?)

1) The only RM3 currently available on Rob's site is the dual coil version with 3 posts. I'm a "single coil" reonaut so is it correct I can build as usual on the RM3 without taking the center post out?

2) Will the dual coil version fit in a "non-LP" Grand?

Thanks in advance,

Norman

Reactions: misswish1

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
There is a list of what fits what here.....

Reo compatible RBAs

The centre post will be the positive connection. You could build it single coil but you would need to block off one of the air holes.

Chalice 3 is a nice option for single coil use. Genuine ones are expensive @ $140. Clones are much cheaper.

Not as easy to build on as an RM2 but ok once you get used to it. Always check the build with the cap on before firing on a mod though unless you have a stock pile of springs......

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
RM3 Questions:

Howdy folks! Thanks to Vapeaddikt's fine tutorial I took both of my RM2s apart, cleaned them, dried them and reassembled them this weekend. One of them still performs way better than the other. The one with less oomph has a post that screws in too far so I'm thinking about trying the sliver of kanthal hack (now that I know how to take them apart and reassemble) but in case that doesn't work I wanted to ask a few questions about the RM3 (from browsing it seems it's comparable to the RM2?)

1) The only RM3 currently available on Rob's site is the dual coil version with 3 posts. I'm a "single coil" reonaut so is it correct I can build as usual on the RM3 without taking the center post out?

Thanks in advance,

Norman

I have an RM3 (single coil option) and it fits my non-LP Mini just swell. As Layzee said you can block the second hole if you find that it is too airy (as that is the only option available right now). Others can chime in on what to use to block the second hole though. You may want to try it first though. You might like the increase in air. (I'm the type that has always drilled out the air hole a tad anyway as I found the stock holes too limiting. I'm a flavor chaser who loves a bit more direct lung hit rather than soley mouth to lung.) I originally bought the RM3 because I wanted to keep my options open for dual coils but haven't tried them....yet.....
And no, there is never a need to take a post out, regardless of your build.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks for the replies/help folks. It really is appreciated. Now that I know how to disassemble/reassemble the RM2 I'm going to try the kantal in screw hole hack and if that doesn't get my RM2 firing as great as my other RM2 I'll probably buy an RM3 dual but stick to single coil use.

Hope all's sell with everyone in the new reonauts threads.

Thanks again,

Norman

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thanks for the replies/help folks. It really is appreciated. Now that I know how to disassemble/reassemble the RM2 I'm going to try the kantal in screw hole hack and if that doesn't get my RM2 firing as great as my other RM2 I'll probably buy an RM3 dual but stick to single coil use.

Hope all's sell with everyone in the new reonauts threads.

Thanks again,

Norman
Thank you Norm for posting a question. Reonauts are at our best when we are helping, guiding, opinionating, etc. Lets keep this going (cause I might have a tech problem and need a place to go)

oaky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
west virginia
norman c. it would not suprise me if rob @reosmods might have some single hole tops if you ask him.i had previously bought a fasttech clone-not bottom fed,with the idea of doing the insulator cut thru.i never tried it because i bought a rm3 from rob & liked it,but i did try that top(single hole) on the rm3 and it was a good fit.i don't have my notes here ,but i think it was the a6.maybe someone else knows for sure,but it was a good fit.hope this helps .the rm3 is a good small chamber, single coil atty that fits on a non-lp reo.it's the best thing i've found to replace my favorite igo(s)/bf that reo used to sell.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

I could be wrong, but am nearly certain that the only diff in single or dual coil Rm3's is the top cap that you get with it. One has two holes, one has one hole, pretty sure the base is the same, unless he's changed something recently.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I just had to make mention about the importance of routine maintenance, including the battery spring (whenever possible). Now I've typically been good about giving baths (warm water, drop of dish soap, cleaning the contact pin/top of spring with alcohol and finishing off with some Deoxit.....).

What I have often neglected was removing the spring, cleaning underneath, etc. I suppose my excuse was that I have 1 screw on 1 Reo that will not come out without stripping it. So I guess, I forgot to check on the screws on the other 4!!! Hahaha. Silly me

Soooooo, while cleaning my Mini 2.1, I removed da screw, washed it, used some alcohol and put a dab of Naalox under there. It wasn't visually dirty but I can sure see a difference with firing it up. Is this new power due to just that or the entire maintenance? Can't be sure. But I am writing a mental note to add "spring cleaning" to my regular maintenance (whenever possible).

Thank you to all the Reonauts who taught me that! I finally listened

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I needed a new ohm meter and went to USA Ohm Meters. There a found a "Fire Meter" and thought that it sounded like a good idea. I bought the single battery model. I have had it for several weeks and used it to build several coils for the family. This meter is a convenience that I recommend if you have a little extra cash. You build on the meter then heat it on the meter, wick it and make adjustments and fire fire again very easily. I am pleased with this Fire Meter; it is a very nice convenience.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I needed a new ohm meter and went to USA Ohm Meters. There a found a "Fire Meter" and thought that it sounded like a good idea. I bought the single battery model. I have had it for several weeks and used it to build several coils for the family. This meter is a convenience that I recommend if you have a little extra cash. You build on the meter then heat it on the meter, wick it and make adjustments and fire fire again very easily. I am pleased with this Fire Meter; it is a very nice convenience.
What a great invention AND made in the USA! I have the simple USA Ohm Meter and it has always done me right. Will keep this in mind for future for sure. Thanks for post!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas

That's what regulated mods are for ;) :evil:

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread