Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Hey muzic, good you brought it up. Is Rob still supporting the mods? My woodvil hasn't been in use in a while, and I'm afraid something would crack when I try using it [emoji53]

Rob is still selling and supporting mods. He's currently recovering from surgery, but still doing some work. Best bet is to either email or phone him.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hey muzic, good you brought it up. Is Rob still supporting the mods? My woodvil hasn't been in use in a while, and I'm afraid something would crack when I try using it [emoji53]
What would make you think he's not supporting his devices? Because he doesn't have a presence here on ECF anymore!! As Rule mentioned, just email him and he will get you squared away...

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
@Aal_ have you been using either mineral oil or howard's feed and wax on your woodvil? Was yours from the 2015 run or an older one? Not sure what you mean by you're afraid something will crack if you try to use it.
Hey. I haven't been using it that's the problem. Yes it is a 2015 woodvil. At some point I saw the 510 assembly moving. So I left it as is. And no I haven't been putting oil on it [emoji53] .

Thank you for your reply. I will disassemble it and check it out, then oil it down. Then I will see if anything bad might happen from normal usage.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hey. I haven't been using it that's the problem. Yes it is a 2015 woodvil. At some point I saw the 510 assembly moving. So I left it as is. And no I haven't been putting oil on it [emoji53] .

Thank you for your reply. I will disassemble it and check it out, then oil it down. Then I will see if anything bad might happen from normal usage.
There have been a few that have had the 510 come loose on the 2015 Woodvil's. Rob's usual take on it to send it in to him for the fix, but most that had problems fixed them themselves. Pop the 510 up slightly and put some superglue on the OD and pop it back in place. Let it set for a day or so and then it will be vape ready...

You do need to get it oiled though. That is a necessity to its longevity...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

I haven't oiled mine a lot, but I have some. Need to do that again. But it's fine Someone can tell you the best way. If it's a raw wood oiled one, I think the mineral oil is fine. If it's the polyurethane coated one.......then I think you use howard's on the outside and oil on the inside, or maybe howard's on both outside and inside, not really sure on that. Mine is the cherry so it's just oiled.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za

Yes @Aal_ Rob is indeed supporting the REO still...

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
There have been a few that have had the 510 come loose on the 2015 Woodvil's. Rob's usual take on it to send it in to him for the fix, but most that had problems fixed them themselves. Pop the 510 up slightly and put some superglue on the OD and pop it back in place. Let it set for a day or so and then it will be vape ready...

You do need to get it oiled though. That is a necessity to its longevity...
Ah - mine is loose, and I've been procrastinating sending it in to Rob. I think I'll try the superglue fix first. So I don't take the 510 totally out, just pop it up, put superglue around the edges underneath and lower it back down yeah? I'll give it a shot. Thanks for that muzic.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Has anyone killed an adjustable 510 in a REO?

I have a Grand and lots of spare parts, but the new 510 doesn't seem like something that will break easily. Before I add one to my next order, I'd thought I'd ask....

I haven't heard of anyone breaking an adjustable 510. I have, however, read of people losing the adjustable grub screw. It's not an item you're likely to be able to pick up at your local hardware store, because it's reverse threaded. It's worthwhile to have a couple spares, just in case.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm not sure about being able to kill the adjustable 510... I haven't seen mine since I put my atty's on my grands back in April!!:shock: That is probably the best thing about having a very efficient device and atty combo... The experimentation becomes a thing of the past and its time to just enjoy what you have set up...:banana:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm not sure about being able to kill the adjustable 510... I haven't seen mine since I put my atty's on my grands back in April!!:shock: That is probably the best thing about having a very efficient device and atty combo... The experimentation becomes a thing of the past and its time to just enjoy what you have set up...:banana:

It really is. I do very little atty changing. All my REOs, and now my Li'l Pinch have dedicated attys. If something new and different comes along, I may make a switch. But I don't do a lot of switching and experimenting anymore. Everything pretty much stays put.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I haven't heard of anyone breaking an adjustable 510. I have, however, read of people losing the adjustable grub screw. It's not an item you're likely to be able to pick up at your local hardware store, because it's reverse threaded. It's worthwhile to have a couple spares, just in case.
Thx.

I didn't think I would beat up the 510 as it looks solid and I will rarely change attys. Plus $15 is kinda pricy for something I will likely never need.

I did buy multiples of grub screws, HD positive contacts, push buttons, bottles/tubes, o-rings and and springs, so I think my Grand LP will be in tip top shape for the foreseeable future. :thumb:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i managed to ruin an old 510, but if i were recommending buying spares for a Reo, i'd say buy one spare hotspring that you'll never need until you don't have one, and a couple of bottles.

Unless you run brutally low resistance coils, then a once a week cleaning is overkill, but a therapeutic routine to develop.

T

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
same here, I hardly ever take attys off. I do need to give a grand a good bath though. Had a bit of leaking that went under the fire button. totally my fault, squonked then tilted and didn't realize it, so it ran under when I vaped. I normally vape with the fire button away from me, but switch it around once in awhile.

I didn't think I would beat up the 510 as it looks solid and I will rarely change attys. Plus $15 is kinda pricy for something I will likely never need.
not to mention you need some kind of punch thingy to put the 510 in. You might have one and know that, but thought I'd toss that out there. Someone who knows can tell ya what ya actually need. lol

I'm happy my lack of proper maintenance revived this thread
emoji16.png
Jup! Good job.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Had some newbie REO issues today and decided to pick up the phone and call REO.

Rob is a great guy and was amazing to talk to (twice!). He walked me thru a couple of fixes (510 adjustment and positive contact replacement) and my REO is now working perfectly.

Great customer service to say the least...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Had some newbie REO issues today and decided to pick up the phone and call REO.

Rob is a great guy and was amazing to talk to (twice!). He walked me thru a couple of fixes (510 adjustment and positive contact replacement) and my REO is now working perfectly.

Great customer service to say the least...
Glad you got it straightened out. Jup Rob is a wonderful guy.......and loves to talk to his hooples! always willing to take time to help us out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread