Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Since Rule62 said the conversion was easy, & the Sloth claims it "works great", & oplholik demonstrated how easy it is to order, I ordered more vape stuff.

REOs should last a lifetime, with a few spare parts on hand, just in case: springs, switch leafs, tubes, bottles.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I need to order more magnets. I lose magnets fairly frequently, always from the doors and I am not quite sure how.i hate putting them back in, but its doable for a Sloth albeit never perfect :facepalm:

I've had one or two pop out. But I can't say I've ever lost one. Been lucky so far.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Here's a trick I dreamed up. Somebody else posted a while back asking how to make sure the switch leaf contacts the L shaped contact on the 510 post squarely.
Before taking it apart, lay the P67 on its back, and find a combination of stacked coins, nickels, pennies, dimes, or whatever (I don't remember the combination I used) that just fit between the back wall of the mod and the L shaped contact. Remember the combination of coins you came up with, and when you reassemble, use the same ones, when you tighten up the threaded nipple.
I do the same thing when I remove and replace the negative battery spring, because I'm .... about getting the plate nice and square, not that it really matters. It just bugs me when it's crooked.

I love the coin suggestion. When I installed my new insert and spring loaded button, the only difficulty was aligning the "L" contact. The coins are an excellent suggestion.
A big thumbs up for the plumber's putty on the feed pipe, too. I put my putty on with a tooth pick.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I love the coin suggestion. When I installed my new insert and spring loaded button, the only difficulty was aligning the "L" contact. The coins are an excellent suggestion.

Wish I could remember what combination I used. At the time I was converting mine, I just had some loose change on my desk, and had the bright idea to use them as shims.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Here's a trick I dreamed up. Somebody else posted a while back asking how to make sure the switch leaf contacts the L shaped contact on the 510 post squarely.
Before taking it apart, lay the P67 on its back, and find a combination of stacked coins, nickels, pennies, dimes, or whatever (I don't remember the combination I used) that just fit between the back wall of the mod and the L shaped contact. Remember the combination of coins you came up with, and when you reassemble, use the same ones, when you tighten up the threaded nipple.
I do the same thing when I remove and replace the negative battery spring, because I'm .... about getting the plate nice and square, not that it really matters. It just bugs me when it's crooked.
nice trick!

Since Rule62 said the conversion was easy, & the Sloth claims it "works great", & oplholik demonstrated how easy it is to order, I ordered more vape stuff.
hehehe

I need to order more magnets. I lose magnets fairly frequently, always from the doors and I am not quite sure how.i hate putting them back in, but its doable for a Sloth albeit never perfect :facepalm:
I need some too but need to find them in bulk. I think I have a link for that, will have to look. I need some for crafts. I would suggest this glue. I glued one in backwards with this and can't get it out for nuttin! have used a heavy duty solder iron even. Didn't think to use the solder iron on the magnet in the body of the Reo that wasn't glued with this. (had access to the solder iron when I was in Florida last April)
tombow-mono-multi-liquid-glue-52190.jpg

Ultrasonic eats magnets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't have one of those, but if I come across someone who does, I may try that with the door if it wont eat the paint off. What do you think?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Wish I could remember what combination I used. At the time I was converting mine, I just had some loose change on my desk, and had the bright idea to use them as shims.

When you get it re-figured out glue them together and make it your tool :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
That is very clever to have both applicators in the same tube... I wonder which end get clogged 1st because it only gets used every 6-9 months of the year?:confused:

LOL! With this kind of stuff, for me, it's use once, and throw away. By the time I need it again, it's unusable.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Yea, I've got a cigar box of extra Reo parts. That's why I never expected to need more.

Good to have spare parts. In fact, just this very morning, I was vaping on my favorite Woodvil, a cocobolo. I noticed the button press was annoyingly weak. I ignored it for a while, but finally decided to investigate. I pulled off the bottle and tube, and unscrewed and removed the switch leaf. Lo and behold, there was a very small crack, just above the screw hole. It couldn't be seen without taking it out. So, I went routing through my parts box and found a spare, which I must have bought at one time or another. Swapped it out, and the Woodvil is working good as new.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
When you get it re-figured out glue them together and make it your tool :)
good idea!

That is very clever to have both applicators in the same tube... I wonder which end get clogged 1st because it only gets used every 6-9 months of the year?:confused:
this is my craft glue, so before it got used pretty much daily. However, since I'm now getting some of my craft stuff out of storage, I just used a bottle that hadn't been used in about 4 years other than to glue that magnet, and neither end is clogged. The other nice thing about this glue is that if you glue stuff down immediately it's a permanent glue, but if you let it dry first then put the stuff together (cardstock in my case) it's a repositional glue. Now with the epoxy I was the same way.....one and done. Bought it to glue the 510 connector of a mod several years ago, never used it again.

removed the switch leaf.
folks keep mentioning this.......is this only on the p67 and maybe 2015 woodvils, or also on the grands? Which part is it?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
folks keep mentioning this.......is this only on the p67 and maybe 2015 woodvils, or also on the grands? Which part is it?

I don't know what the official name is. All REOs have one. They just vary in length, depending if it's for a P67, Woodvil, or conventional REO. The gold plated copper thing with a hole in one end, a curl on the other. I call it the 'switch leaf'. I guess it's just called the 'positive contact' on the website.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I don't know what the official name is. All REOs have one. They just vary in length, depending if it's for a P67, Woodvil, or conventional REO. The gold plated copper thing with a hole in one end, a curl on the other. I call it the 'switch leaf'. I guess it's just called the 'positive contact' on the website.
thanks. I'd wondered if that's what it was. Just has always heard it as + contact.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
thanks. I'd wondered if that's what it was. Just has always heard it as + contact.

I guess I started calling it the leaf, because the L shaped thing that goes on the post in the P67 and Woodvil is also technically a positive contact. So, I call one piece 'the leaf' and the other piece 'the L shaped thing'.:D

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
[QUOT
pixel.gif
E="Rule62, post: 19037261, member: 74018"]I don't know what the official name is. All REOs have one. They just vary in length, depending if it's for a P67, Woodvil, or conventional REO. The gold plated copper thing with a hole in one end, a curl on the other. I call it the 'switch leaf'. I guess it's just called the 'positive contact' on the website.[/QUOTE]
That would be the firing pin or +contact with the end curled up... The 90º angled part that goes onto the feed tube pin would be the striker plate for the firing pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread