Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If you drop an old one (like mine) and it lands badly on the atty it can damage the 510 threads and it has to be sent back to Rob for the same reason.

i managed that once and the blow of the fall stripped some of the 510 threads so nothing would sit snugly on it anymore and the atty was at an angle. Such an event is rare and i never managed to replicate it despite dropping my Grand all over the place.

On the older Reos the gasket was a silicone sealant so not as robust as the adjustable 510s.

T

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I forgot about the reducer tube. I do need to get one or two of those. I vape 75pg. I don't go out a lot in the summer, but last summer, when I would go out and the air in my son's car wasn't working very well......I could drive all over town and really never have to squonk. lol

@DancingHeretik you might have mentioned this one, but make sure you get a couple of the reverse threaded 510 screws if you have a new 510 on yours.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Question ... I need to make a new "cap" that goes on the Reo feed tube.
Because of my hand having a hard time with putting anything on the tube, or putting the tube on anything, I don't want to take one apart to measure the drill size I will need to use unless I just have too.
Does anyone happen to know what size drill tip is needed to create the hole in the cap :nun:

Reactions: Kenna

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Question ... I need to make a new "cap" that goes on the Reo feed tube.
    Because of my hand having a hard time with putting anything on the tube, or putting the tube on anything, I don't want to take one apart to measure the drill size I will need to use unless I just have too.
    Does anyone happen to know what size drill tip is needed to create the hole in the cap :nun:
    11/64"

Slots

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2012
    Eastern Wa.
    OK .... thank you, thank you, I have one.
    012133~139.GIF

That helps a lot, much appreciated.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
    Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    Been trying out some tensioned micro coils the last week or 2 using a 1.7mm'ish rod on the Artistic wire coiler. Using rayon on the RM2. Pretty sure I'm at 1.2+/- ohms.

I'm getting a bit of burning taste. Are the coils efficient enough that I need to build higher ohms or just squonk more often? Perhaps there's another factor I'm missing.

When I changed the wick earlier there seemed to be some minor scorching.

Lovin' my Kawasaki green P67 here in Portland ,OR.

Thanks guys and gals.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    What kind of wire?
    Also, you really need an ohm-reader. Even one of the little $15 boxes. No matter how careful, eventually some day, you'll have a wire shorting against a cap or something - better to find out with an ohm-reader than to HOPE the Reo spring drops in time to protect the battery and atty...(and you).

Been trying out some tensioned micro coils the last week or 2 using a 1.7mm'ish rod on the Artistic wire coiler. Using rayon on the RM2. Pretty sure I'm at 1.2+/- ohms.

I'm getting a bit of burning taste. Are the coils efficient enough that I need to build higher ohms or just squonk more often? Perhaps there's another factor I'm missing.

When I changed the wick earlier there seemed to be some minor scorching.

Lovin' my Kawasaki green P67 here in Portland ,OR.

Thanks guys and gals.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2015
    Didn't mean to imply I don't measure. I just couldn't remember.

Kanthal 29g, Thanks

ADDED-Just measured at 1.30

If it tastes burnt, I would add another wrap. Looking on steam engine with a fresh battery you would be a bit hot.. another wrap would probably resolve it. I tend to aim for a heat flux value of around 200 with a fully charged battery.

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
    Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    Pulled the build when I got home. Some minor discoloration of the wick, that goes with my prior experience of it seeming a little dry or burnt.

Went to the next size larger on the Coil Gizmo -didn't get the tension quite perfect. 1.9 ohms very mellow/cool vape, lots of room for juice in the wick. An interesting change.

The adventure will continue. Thank you to those who read and gave some input, I appreciate it.

Added= Rebuilt last night, metered at 1.45 ohms. Vaping well, 3-4 puffs no dryness or burning. Feels good.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    It's time for my last big stock up on REO parts.

I plan to get bottles, tubes, positive contacts, springs, spring screws, grubscews, reducer tubes,and magnets.
    All my grandiose plans about stocking up!

I am, at least, nibbling away at that big bite. I bought 5 springs this week!
    @DancingHeretik you might have mentioned this one, but make sure you get a couple of the reverse threaded 510 screws if you have a new 510 on yours.
    Are you talking about the '510 adjustable grub screw'? Or, are you talking about 'stainless center post'?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread