REO Technical Issues/Shop Talk

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Debadoo, Mar 11, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. thetrucker

thetrucker Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    ......All of the Above......................lol...........had in the back of my mind a Reo Grande in white solid door with a side fire button......already have 2 sqonkers...and afew bottom feed attys......don't need no

more but the shinyitis..... is always there......lol

2. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    the p67 is the one with the side button, grands have top buttons. You turn the button to lock it. the p67 has a lock you slide on the inside. Which bf attys do you use? I love the O-16 Was using the Rm8 before that (derringer clone), but didn't like building dual coils since it was super hard for me to see. But it was too weak with just a single. The o-16 gives a great vape for me with a single z coil

Robinowitz, Izan, Kenna and 1 other person like this.
  3. thetrucker

Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    I modified the derringer clone and a few others and they worked pretty good..........had the strangest luck with my other two squonkers.......the eliquid tasted good the first day but after two days in the bottle

it tasted stale......and so I moved on to like my drippers and tanks more than the squonkers..........

4. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    You owe it to your self to give it another try. I have been using REOs for a long, long time and I've never had that problem that I know of. I mean, if it happens I guess it doesn't bother me. The P67 (REO with the side button) is the culmination of all the good ideas put together into one supermod.

kas122461, Spydro, sashwa and 8 others like this.
  5. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    How did you modify them? Like JC I've never had juice taste stale. the O16 clone at FT is a good one. It can be closed down a lot, or opened for a fairly good lung hit. I use a single z coil, but open both airholes to the largest setting. Then put the top cap on with the air holes angled between the wick and the post. That opened the air a lot

$7.06 Origen Little Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 16mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Kenna, thetrucker, JC Okie and 2 others like this.
  6. thetrucker

Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    I cut a little slot in the pin for the juice to flow....up into the atty....

Kenna likes this.
  7. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    oh gotcha

Kenna and thetrucker like this.
  8. Layzee Vaper

Layzee Vaper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2015
    @thetrucker

Try using less cotton just enough to touch the deck... and then squonking more often. You may find that it works a little better for you. It stops as much semi cooked juice being pulled back down into the bottle. I find it gives a much fresher taste this way. As always your mileage may vary... but you would only be wasting a very small amount of cotton if it did not work out for you :)

Debadoo, CMD-Ky, Kenna and 2 others like this.
  9. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Yes, the trick to good performance with squonkers is in the wicking. It differs from conventional dripping in that you don't need your wick to be a reservoir to hold extra juice. Conventional drippers use the wicks to hold juice, so that they don't have to drip as often, and can get more pulls before having to re drip.
    With squonkers, there's always fresh juice in the bottle, just a squonk away. You only need the tails of the wick to be long enough to pull juice up from the deck to the coil. So, trim your wicks so that the ends just touch the deck; no longer.

Slots, Robinowitz, Debadoo and 2 others like this.
  10. thetrucker

Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    Thanks I'll try your method......................

Kenna and JC Okie like this.
  11. thetrucker

Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    Thanks for the info......I'll try the trimming wicks idea.........

Kenna and Rule62 like this.
  12. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Off topic, but I lived and worked around Syracuse for many years. My daughter and her family live there. I get up there a couple times a year.

Slots, Debadoo, Kenna and 2 others like this.
  13. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Couldn't agree with you more and like your moniker... Reo P67's ARE supermods, IMO they are "the" Supermods. :D

ENAUD, kas122461, Slots and 2 others like this.