Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Exactly. Kids today are so used to awesome graphics. They would laugh out loud (literally) if they even SAW these 1990s games.

Edit to add: With music, kids may make fun of the oldies, but they still know a lot of the old stuff and can sing along (it's all through the commercials, after all,) but with these games, they wouldn't even give them a try, I don't think. My grandkids wouldn't.....
Completely agree with you for console and pc gaming. There is, still, an active community for stand-up arcade games like DK, Ms Pacman, Galaga, Centipede, etc, tho, and mobile gaming has a lot of the old spirit (emphasis on a game mechanic hook, less on graphics and narrative). There's more than just a little bit of "my generation" going on in attitude, which has been commented on as far back as Aristotle (who, I believe, had a PB high score of 2,000,000 on Galaga).

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
i like to have a hack at World Golf Tour in a web browser now and then, but i no longer own any PC games. Back when, i used to like Hitman. Now i'm just bald like him!

T

Sad...

I'm 44 almost 45 and love games and have alotnof them and own a multi arcade I built out of an old mortal combat 2 cab years ago.. all custom and I just gota get it out of my parents basement! Lol.

Too old or bad time for games...i want to it's just no time or too tired to start one up..its just too much to learn everything to just play the games.. I guess I need easy to pick up and play games. :/

Been gaming since Atari 2600. :/ owned them all. Yes the turbo duo and neo geo gold system.. and even the 4 slot neo geo arcade cab.

Can still remember the first time playing street fighter II at the arcade.. was just like yesterday.. super magical.. and wow was it something else to buy it for the super nintendo!!!! Crazy special like Christmas morning!. Crazy memories

Quake,Duke Nukem 3D, Doom and shadow warrior.. all awesome times on the PC!

I even have a Oculus VR system that wowed me and many games I bought and have not touched in like 2+ months :/

Someone was buy a barely used nintendo switch with games?? Some not even opened?? Heh

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Anyone know the size of the allen wrench that fits the P67. I have what seems to be 10,000 Allen wrenches but not one that fits the P67. Any help would be appreciated. The allen wrench size I need is for the removal of the strike plate, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenna

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I had to look up Arial Truax......didn't have a clue. :lol: I love Ann-Margaret, so it works for me. Ha.

But I agree with @Rule62 that this is not role-playing for me. This is the only forum I've ever been on, and it's as real for me as real life. It IS my real life.....I feel like my friendships on here are even more "real," and just as important to me, as any I have in "real" life. That might be really naive. It might be really sad. (Not to me; I'm a happy camper.) I'm getting old; please humor me.
totally agree! I was on a stamping forum for awhile and made some dear friends, and this one as well. WYSIWYG I'm just me. I don't get out much so have few "real life" friends, and don't get to see them very much anyhow now. But have made some wonderful friends here. and we're about the same with gaming. I was also seriously addicted to tetris. My son still has his original nintendo, not even the super one. His bday is late Nov, so one year we got him the NES for birthday, it came with Mario and duck hunt. But also got he Mario 3 but saved that for Christmas. I slit the cellophane so I could pull the game out, and most nights for that month, I'd pull out Mario 3 and practice after he went to bed. He almost caught me a few times. :lol: Now pretty much the only thing I play is subway surfers on my phone.

There is, still, an active community for stand-up arcade games like DK, Ms Pacman, Galaga,
loved galaga! There was one in a restaurant I worked at when my son was an infant......buncha my tips went in that machine :lol:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
totally agree! I was on a stamping forum for awhile and made some dear friends, and this one as well. WYSIWYG I'm just me. I don't get out much so have few "real life" friends, and don't get to see them very much anyhow now. But have made some wonderful friends here. and we're about the same with gaming. I was also seriously addicted to tetris. My son still has his original nintendo, not even the super one. His bday is late Nov, so one year we got him the NES for birthday, it came with Mario and duck hunt. But also got he Mario 3 but saved that for Christmas. I slit the cellophane so I could pull the game out, and most nights for that month, I'd pull out Mario 3 and practice after he went to bed. He almost caught me a few times. [emoji38] Now pretty much the only thing I play is subway surfers on my phone.

loved galaga! There was one in a restaurant I worked at when my son was an infant......buncha my tips went in that machine [emoji38]
I was seriously addicted to Centipede. Love that game!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I was seriously addicted to Centipede. Love that game!

My parents fav game ever is millipede. Let just say there happy to be playing it on on my custom multi arcade cab in there basement.. tracking ball and and all. Gona be ruff to get that back from them! Lol

Can remember going to the arcade all the time as a kid and playing dragons lair and they be off pumping in quarters in millipede.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
My parents fav game ever is millipede. Let just say there happy to be playing it on on my custom multi arcade cab in there basement.. tracking ball and and all. Gona be ruff to get that back from them! Lol

Can remember going to the arcade all the time as a kid and playing dragons lair and they be off pumping in quarters in millipede.
Gotta feed the machine!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm an old Reagan fan... trust but verify :)

ETA: I'm actually a Central Md ex-pat!
So you chose to move to the "out-house" side of Maryland? (cleaned up for ECF) :banana: (Just Kidding)
Granted, O.C. is a comfortable distance from Baltimore, D.C. and Calvert Cliffs.

Gotta make the time to get back "home". Maybe 2018.

Cheers
I

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Is there a specified maximum current (trip) rating on a Rio Grande spring/fuse? Or any other 18650 mechanical Reo...

Sure there is but never heard of it.. have heard of people going pretty low on the reo like in the .2ohm range I believe. Wouldn't shock me if there's some around .1ohm but that be real risky with today's batteries.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Sure there is but never heard of it.. have heard of people going pretty low on the reo like in the .2ohm range I believe. Wouldn't shock me if there's some around .1ohm but that be real risky with today's batteries.
Thanks for the quick response!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
My experience on a Reo Grand is that much below 0.3Ω is going to damage your spring, by which i mean it will not collapse instantly like with a hard short, but it'll slowly pancake over time. Which means you'll notice the battery getting lower or rattling.

There are a few solutions and indeed i run a Grand at 0.3Ω using 30A batteries like Sony's or HG's and have for years - but the recommended solution is to build at or above about 0.5Ω. Don't run a crappy Efest re-wrap rated at 60A - reputable batteries are vital in any mechanical mod.

T

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
My experience on a Reo Grand is that much below 0.3Ω is going to damage your spring, by which i mean it will not collapse instantly like with a hard short, but it'll slowly pancake over time. Which means you'll notice the battery getting lower or rattling.

There are a few solutions and indeed i run a Grand at 0.3Ω using 30A batteries like Sony's or HG's and have for years - but the recommended solution is to build at or above about 0.5Ω. Don't run a crappy Efest re-wrap rated at 60A - reputable batteries are vital in any mechanical mod.

T
Thanks for that. I suspected the "fuse rating" was fuzzy, given the nature of a spring fuse.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
It's also the case that two different types of springs have been used; initially they were all made of spring steel, but as time elapsed they changed to gold plated beryllium copper in an attempt to reduce further their inherent resistance. The firing pin changed similarly and also for the fact the beryllium copper is used for tools in environments like oxygen filled rooms or where there are volatile gases - because it does not produce sparks when dropped etc. This was a head-on attempt to stop any arcing as that pin touches a Reo battery.

That resistance of the spring is also the reason that a lot of modders used and use other methods in a Reo, especially given the rise of the sub-Ohm vaping, lung-burners of whom i am one!

T

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
It's also the case that two different types of springs have been used; initially they were all made of spring steel, but as time elapsed they changed to gold plated beryllium copper in an attempt to reduce further their inherent resistance. The firing pin changed similarly and also for the fact the beryllium copper is used for tools in environments like oxygen filled rooms or where there are volatile gases - because it does not produce sparks when dropped etc. This was a head-on attempt to stop any arcing as that pin touches a Reo battery.

That resistance of the spring is also the reason that a lot of modders used and use other methods in a Reo, especially given the rise of the sub-Ohm vaping, lung-burners of whom i am one!

T
It gets curioser and curioser, LOL. I was mainly interested in the stock spring(s). But all of it is informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread