Status
Not open for further replies.

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
WOW! Back on topic... will the wonders never cease on this forum? ;)

The parts to do so yourself are available from Reosmods if you feel up to the challenge. I have all the parts to replace the entire 510 assembly and center posts, but have never had the need to use them yet. Somewhere in my Reo files I have the specs.

But the adjustable 510 system has it's faults as well. Lots of atty's sit too high even with the 510 grub screwed all the way in tight. Why I have a large supply of mod shields to stack under those atty's to fill the gap. Also have some adj 510's that will not stay adjusted that I have to fiddle with occasionally. In some ways the old 'use an o-ring' 510 system to position the atty worked better. Yes, I am OCD about the AFC's being at a right angle to the tilt on all my mods... or away from it if a single AFC is used. Matters not what brand they are. Kind of funny in a way... I wasn't as OCD with the old system Reos if the atty was up off the deck just a little because of the o-ring despite my having a lot of different sized o-rings to try. I use o-rings on those 510's that are grooved for them even when they do have the newer adj 510's (IE, the 2015 Woodvil's), but I don't use them on the P67's (use shields instead). Been so long since I've used any of my Grands, 2.1's 1.0's, etc that I can't remember is those with adj 510's have o-ring grooved 510's or not (an out of sight, out of mind thing).

This is GREAT info Spydro!! Thank you!! I will just use the O rings for now and try not to think about that little gap.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Back to our regular scheduled program......
reo-jpg.692757
Very pretty, and thanks for getting us back on track. :) I wuz fixin to, but you were on the job!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Did all that but will try again

Have you ever removed the ground screw from the spring and cleaned the hole and screw and screw hole on the spring with rubbing alcohol? Should be done once a year at least.

Qtip and rubbing alcohol.. try it out!

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Have you ever removed the ground screw from the spring and cleaned the hole and screw and screw hole on the spring with rubbing alcohol? Should be done once a year at least.

Qtip and rubbing alcohol.. try it out!
No I haven’t I just got it from Eric 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Kenna

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
No I haven’t I just got it from Eric 2 weeks ago.
Here we are almost two months later p67 has been shelved. I cleaned the SS post and nipple out removed all the Teflon paste it fired a bit better but it was still meh. As of lately, it just fires so weak I’ve shelved it. It feels like it constantly has a dead battery in it. Think it might be time to send it in to Eric. I only used it a few times and its been like this since I bought it. :(

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Here we are almost two months later p67 has been shelved. I cleaned the SS post and nipple out removed all the Teflon paste it fired a bit better but it was still meh. As of lately, it just fires so weak I’ve shelved it. It feels like it constantly has a dead battery in it. Think it might be time to send it in to Eric. I only used it a few times and its been like this since I bought it. :(

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with you new P67. I have a couple of ideas that have worked in the past with a few other folks that have encountered the same problem. I would be happy to take a look at your P67 if you want to send it in; otherwise, I can send you the parts that may be causing the issue and you can make the changes yourself.

Thanks,

Eric

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hey gang, after all these years, one of my door magnets feel off of my SL. I think I feel confident on how to replace it as I’ve read many suggestions over the years. What I lack is a magnet. (Surprising as I have lots of back-up parts). I know I could get one from Reos but that’s about all I need right now. (These machines just keep ticking). If anyone has an extra sitting around catching dust, just Pm me.

Good day all!

Reactions: Kenna

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey gang, after all these years, one of my door magnets feel off of my SL. I think I feel confident on how to replace it as I’ve read many suggestions over the years. What I lack is a magnet. (Surprising as I have lots of back-up parts). I know I could get one from Reos but that’s about all I need right now. (These machines just keep ticking). If anyone has an extra sitting around catching dust, just Pm me.

Good day all!

You could order a new P67 or Grand and we'll throw in the magnet at no charge...

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
You could order a new P67 or Grand and we'll throw in the magnet at no charge...
Hey @Eric Parlin, I would love to support your new business as I’m a small business owner myself. I just don’t really need a new one just yet. My gang of 5 keep my happy for now. But I will certainly keep that offer in mind. After all, the holidays are coming (great excuse). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread