Status
Not open for further replies.

BockinBboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Illinois
Hey guys!

I wasn't sure if this has been done before, but I mostly did this for myself and figured I might as well share it. The questions regarding the differences come up a lot, and it is a little difficult to decipher on the site when you are new to REOs. Please do let me know if I made a mistake somewhere, as I gathered this information from quite a few different sources, and did not take these measurements myself, nor have I observed most of these first hand - I only have an RM3 and RM4 at this time.

Also note that the RM6 is on this chart. It is not on the Reo site... yet :D Most of what I gathered on that is from smiddleton's RM6 review post, and what I know about the Stillare.

AtomizerDimensions
(W x H)
coilsAirConstruction
(Cap/Deck/Posts)
OptionsFitment
RM2
Triangle by Empire mods, modded to bottom feed
14.5mm x 25mm (inludes 510 connector height)SingleSingle 3/64’’ air hole = aprox. 1.2mm.
(The Brass Cap is easily bored to make larger air hole)
Threaded Brass Cap, Ceramic Deck, Brass Nickle plated Posts use phillips screwsBrass or Nickel Finish.

Standard is Milled for standard catch cups

LP is not milled for LP catch cups
Fits all Reos, but choose LP for LP Mods for best look
RM3
A-6 modded to bottom feed
14.2mm x 24.4mm (includes 510 connector height)Single OR DualSingle OR Dual
3/64’’ air hole(s)
Stainless Cap, Stainless Deck, Brass Nickle plated posts use phillips screws, Cap to Deck Double O-ring Fit.Stainless Finish only. Choose Single air hole cap OR Dual air hole cap.
Fits all Metal Reos. Fits Wood Reos after 2014
RM4
Atomic clone modded to bottom feed
19mm x 24.3mm (not including 510 connector height)Single AND
Dual
Single AND dual 3mm, 2mm, or1.5mmFull Stainless. Top Half of Cap Threaded for AFC, Cap to Deck single O-ring fit, uses allen screwsStainless Finish Only.Fits only LP versions
RM5
Double Cross modded to bottom feed
22mm x 25mm
(not including 510 connector height)
DualTwo horizontal slots, adjustable vertical opening via threaded controlFull Stainless. Posts ideal for flat ribbon wire, uses allen screws. Top Cap to Deck Double O-ring fitStainless / Gold
or
Stainless / Charcoal Finish
Fits only LP versions
RM6
Stillare clone modded to bottom feed
22mm x 33mm (includes 510 connection height)DualTwo horizontal slots, adjustable horizontal opening via sliding two piece capFull Stainless. Posts are gold plated stainless, uses phillips screws. Single O-ring Cap to Deck, Single O-ring on two piece Cap for AFCStainless Finish Only.Fits only LP versions

Reomizer Charted Comparison.jpg

Cheers, folks! :toast:

- Bboy

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregjl

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Same for me - bookmarked.

Excellent work, Bboy. Well done.

The only little tweak I'd add is that the RM3's air hole with the single coil cap is larger that the two holes in the dual coil cap. Not sure of the larger dimension hole - prolly 1/16" (don't have a micrometer... or a sonic screwdriver for that matter).

BockinBboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Illinois
Thanks for all of the positive comments everyone! Glad the chart is useful to others.

Papa, good eye on the RM3, I hadn't heard that before on the air holes, but it definitely makes sense. I only have the dual version and the airholes weren't stock when I got it, so I'm definitely relying on 'outside sources' for that detail! ;)

I'm mobile for the weekend, so I'll have to edit that in when I'm back at the desktop.

...and my Bboy reference just comes from hip hop - basically breakdancer. The Bockin part is short for powerbocking. I led a group in college that involved practice, meets, and performances with both of those activities and the combined name just stuck. =)

- Bboy

BockinBboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Illinois
Dang, didn't realize I couldn't edit the original post after such a short time, was near impossible to attempt from my phone this weekend... Anyways, here is the updated info on the RM3 airholes inserted into the chart.

AtomizerDimensions
(W x H)
CoilsAirConstruction
(Cap/Deck/Posts)
OptionsFitment
RM2
Triangle by Empire Mods, modded to bottom feed
14.5mm x 25mm (inludes 510 connector height)SingleSingle 3/64’’ air hole = aprox. 1.2mm.
(The Brass Cap is easily bored to make larger air hole)
Threaded Brass Cap, Ceramic Deck, Brass Nickle plated Posts use phillips screwsBrass or Nickel Finish.

Standard is Milled for standard catch cups

LP is not milled for LP catch cups
Fits all Reos, but choose LP for LP Mods for best look
RM3
A-6 modded to bottom feed
14.2mm x 24.4mm (includes 510 connector height)Single OR DualSingle 1/16'' air hole
OR
Dual 3/64’’ air holes
Stainless Cap, Stainless Deck, Brass Nickle plated posts use phillips screws, Cap to Deck Double O-ring Fit.Stainless Finish only. Choose Single air hole cap OR Dual air hole cap.
Fits all Metal Reos. Fits Wood Reos after 2014
RM4
Atomic clone modded to bottom feed
19mm x 24.3mm (not including 510 connector height)Single AND
Dual
Single AND dual 3mm, 2mm, or1.5mmFull Stainless. Top Half of Cap Threaded for AFC, Cap to Deck single O-ring fit, uses allen screwsStainless Finish Only.Fits only LP versions
RM5
Double Cross modded to bottom feed
22mm x 25mm
(not including 510 connector height)
DualTwo horizontal slots, adjustable vertical opening via threaded controlFull Stainless. Posts ideal for flat ribbon wire, uses allen screws. Top Cap to Deck Double O-ring fitStainless / Gold
or
Stainless / Charcoal Finish
Fits only LP versions
RM6
Stillare clone modded to bottom feed
22mm x 33mm (includes 510 connection height)DualTwo horizontal slots, adjustable horizontal opening via sliding two piece capFull Stainless. Posts are gold plated stainless, uses phillips screws. Single O-ring Cap to Deck, Single O-ring on two piece Cap for AFCStainless Finish Only.Fits only LP versions

- Bboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread