Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
In case you haven't already done so, take a few minutes to go to FreeToVape.org and fill out the form. Your submission will be automatically forwarded to the FDA and your elected officials who will decide the outcome of the FDA's deeming regulation.

If there's one Rip Trippers to suffer through, it's this one. I can't stand the guy, but his intentions are good with this video.

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
Thanks FACE, I just signed it.

I may have a different opinion about the regulations than most people. Here on the ecf I keep hearing about people who think regulations are some evil thing and that we should be against having them. I think there absolutely needs to be regulations. The caveot being that I think vaping should fall under FOOD regulations, not tobacco.

I work as an Industrial Automation engineer, and I get to visit many plants and factories half of which produce food products. There is a completely separate classification of mechanical and electrical hardware that must be installed in these factories, aptly named "Food Grade". This is not a bad thing, it just means that the product that the consumer gets is held to a certain standard of consistency, with many protections in place to ensure that no bacteria/virus'/foreign unintended impurities end up in the final product.

Any way, sorry for the rant and thanks again for posting the link!

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Thanks FACE, I just signed it.

I may have a different opinion about the regulations than most people. Here on the ecf I keep hearing about people who think regulations are some evil thing and that we should be against having them. I think there absolutely needs to be regulations. The caveot being that I think vaping should fall under FOOD regulations, not tobacco.

I work as an Industrial Automation engineer, and I get to visit many plants and factories half of which produce food products. There is a completely separate classification of mechanical and electrical hardware that must be installed in these factories, aptly named "Food Grade". This is not a bad thing, it just means that the product that the consumer gets is held to a certain standard of consistency, with many protections in place to ensure that no bacteria/virus'/foreign unintended impurities end up in the final product.

Any way, sorry for the rant and thanks again for posting the link!

I totally agree, SeaNap. Regulations will be both good and bad but, alas, necessary.

The good: We will have modicum of safety regarding the production process.

The bad: It will put most small producers out of business; both good ones and bad ones. Big money corporations will take over the ejuice business and prices will skyrocket.

I believe that diy is in all of our futures as vapers. My hope is that diy materials will come out relatively unscathed.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
I wouldn't count on that. PG, VG and flavor concentrates won't be affected, but nicotine base most definitely will.

I'm afraid you're right. *sigh* Maybe we have a strong collective voice and maybe we are being loud enough to be heard but we just don't have the cash/clout to buy the politicians. *double sigh*

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
I'm afraid you're right. *sigh* Maybe we have a strong collective voice and maybe we are being loud enough to be heard but we just don't have the cash/clout to buy the politicians. *double sigh*

Don't buy them them out. Vote them out, regardless of what letter is next to their name, if they aren't supporting vaper's rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread