Status
Not open for further replies.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
You should always strive to do good work, simply because it is the right thing to do. If you work the bare minimum, then that is what the sum of your life will be: bare minimum.

Don't be content with waiting for opportunity, go out, find it, and work at it so you deserve to keep it.

I don't understand this waiting around for someone else to do it, then getting angry because it didn't happen soon enough.

The vast majority of the newest adult generation are going to be screwed when we all retire. And we will have better hearing in our old age than the kids taking care of us.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
Anybody ever encounter the issue where the Delrin plastic cover wont screw down all the way? Any ideas how to fix it? Excuse the nastiness of my mod, need to order some more parts so I don't leak anymore.
j9bZRHu.jpg

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Anybody ever encounter the issue where the Delrin plastic cover wont screw down all the way? Any ideas how to fix it? Excuse the nastiness of my mod, need to order some more parts so I don't leak anymore.
j9bZRHu.jpg
You've hopefully just missed the hole and not stripped the threads. Push the delrin up all the way to the top and try again. Remember gentle with the screw it's just a couple threads on soft aluminium so it can strip easy.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
You've hopefully just missed the hole and not stripped the threads. Push the delrin up all the way to the top and try again. Remember gentle with the screw it's just a couple threads on soft aluminium so it can strip easy.

Thanks for the response. I recently bought a new screw, my old screw had a small piece of it missing like it broke off in the thread. I'm gonna try to use a magnet and remove that shard. Hopefully that'll fix the thread. If it is stripped, are there any aluminum fillers I can put in and are-thread? What are my options here?

Edit**
Would this work? A mini metric tap and die set?
SE TM15 Tap and Die Set, 15 Piece - Tap And Die Sets - Amazon.com

So I had a two fold problem and found out why I was leaking. It seems the pin inside the 510 had loosened up from the hose coming from the sqounk bottle. It seems that since it was loose it was pushing down on the Delrin insert cover. This in turn stripped the thread by creating pressure and the bolt coming in at an angle.

I have never used a tap and die set, but have some friends locally that have on automotive stuff like aluminum valve covers and what not. Would a mini metric tap and die set work? Or would it be better to use like loctite stripped thread repair kit? What's the best permanent solution?

I have another reo grand that I've been trying to get the time to send back to Rob to get the 510 threads repaired, wrinkle finish done, low profile juice well, and just a good overall rebuild since I'm shorting out whenever an RDA is in because it has some play to it.

Last edited:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
The simplest solution to your stripped threads on the delrin cover, is to just drill the hole thru the back and get a slightly longer screw (I forget the length) and use a nut to fit the screw on the outside of the REO.

It's my understanding that Robert has some sort of "bracket" worked up so he can fix it for you, but I don't know any of the details.

Reactions: nerak

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Obviously send it back in for rob to repair.. and while your at it get the new ss 510 so thst won't ever be a prob again.. no leaks Since it will be snug... and get the new gold contacts.. then it will be all like new again.

Don't use loctite as you will eventually want to swap out the contacts.. gold plating will only last so long.

P.S. I've stripped the screw before and sent it in.. came back fixed. Prob just used a slightly larger screw. But no screw hole from the bsckside.. why would someone want an ugly hole sticking out the back of there mod unless they were on some remote island and it was the only option?

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
Obviously send it back in for rob to repair.. and while your at it get the new ss 510 so thst won't ever be a prob again.. no leaks Since it will be snug... and get the new gold contacts.. then it will be all like new again.

Don't use loctite as you will eventually want to swap out the contacts.. gold plating will only last so long.

P.S. I've stripped the screw before and sent it in.. came back fixed. Prob just used a slightly larger screw. But no screw hole from the bsckside.. why would someone want an ugly hole sticking out the back of there mod unless they were on some remote island and it was the only option?

Thanks guys for the tips, already have all the new gold plated beryllium stuff since they got released, also always have some spares.

Since my main daily reo with an RM2 atty's been down, I've been using some ego and tanks setups to get by. I must say for the 3+ years I've been bottom feeding with reo's I will never go back to tank mods. Just really love the reo, best purchase I made 3 years ago. Most resilient mod I've owned to date so far as well.

My co-worker just got his Reo Grand back from Rob and boy is it flippin' awesome. he got new 510's, low pro, rogue rda atty from catfish, new gold contacts, and a slotted door. he went with 2 micro coils @ .5 ohm with koh gen do wick and the thing is just so sweet.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
j9bZRHu.jpg
If you have stripped the threads I can fix it there is no need to drill a hole in your mod its a simple fix

Spooky28

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
North Carolina
Okay, I give, I just broke yet another positive contact thing! This is 3 or 4. Rob I know you said I was probably pushing too hard thing but argh...

I've rebuilt 2 myself and Rob has fixed at least one. So my next question is what glue do you use when putting on a new tube/bottle?

Reactions: Sirius

Spooky28

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
North Carolina
You can use a drop of super glue/crazy glue but it really isn't needed. I never Reggie my tubes.oh and if your breaking your pins yes your pushing way too hard

Thanks. I was thinking about putting something under the button cover to stop me from mashing the button down so hard.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
There was a recent thread (which I can't seem to find right now) about slipping an o-ring over the button, before you put the button cover on. That will limit how far down you can push on the button and might just solve your problem

Spooky28

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
North Carolina
There was a recent thread (which I can't seem to find right now) about slipping an o-ring over the button, before you put the button cover on. That will limit how far down you can push on the button and might just solve your problem

I thought I'd seen that mentioned. Thank you!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
You should always strive to do good work, simply because it is the right thing to do. If you work the bare minimum, then that is what the sum of your life will be: bare minimum.

Don't be content with waiting for opportunity, go out, find it, and work at it so you deserve to keep it.

I don't understand this waiting around for someone else to do it, then getting angry because it didn't happen soon enough.

The vast majority of the newest adult generation are going to be screwed when we all retire. And we will have better hearing in our old age than the kids taking care of us.

That was well said Penguin. :thumbs:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Okay, I give, I just broke yet another positive contact thing! This is 3 or 4. Rob I know you said I was probably pushing too hard thing but argh...

I've rebuilt 2 myself and Rob has fixed at least one. So my next question is what glue do you use when putting on a new tube/bottle?
Sheesh..I hope I don't break another one..I'm just putting the bare minimum pressure on my button now. I think that was the original reason Rob made the button so it would blister your thumb without a cover ...bwahaha :lol:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
j9bZRHu.jpg
Uh,..that looks cross threaded..Hope it's not or off to Rob it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread