Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I have a mini and recently had a similar problem. It would fire as it should at times and sort of weak or almost not fire at all sometimes. I have a very small magnet that I put on the positive end of my battery. I guess I'm just lengthening the battery to enable more solid contact. How can I remedy this problem? I bought the mini here on the forums in September of last year. It's the only mod I use now and I surely don't want to have to be without it. Thanks..

This is a longshot, but if you're using a battery spacer and getting intermittent contact, try moving the spacer to the bottom of the battery. It's possible the magnet is sliding around a bit on the top, moving the target for the firing pin.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I have a mini and recently had a similar problem. It would fire as it should at times and sort of weak or almost not fire at all sometimes. I have a very small magnet that I put on the positive end of my battery. I guess I'm just lengthening the battery to enable more solid contact. How can I remedy this problem? I bought the mini here on the forums in September of last year. It's the only mod I use now and I surely don't want to have to be without it. Thanks..

If you have to use a magnet on your batt your either using the wrong batt or something is broken on Your Reo. There is no reason to use magnets with the correct batteries.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Hey Rob, I bought a 18490 woodvil from ya over a year now and still going strong!! I use a era and my coils are around .84 ohms, will this be ok with the mod or should I send it back for some thicker wire surgery? Thanks! Darrin
Chances are if it was too much for the wire the spring would collapse first Rob may have more input though

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Is there a thread about you new mod? Or where people are talking about it? Thank you!

There's not a thread. We're all wondering and waiting and thinking about it, but it's still pretty hush-hush. He hasn't said much. From what he has said, we have sorta figured out that it's mechanical, metal, and we're going to love it. Ha. Sorry. We don't know any more than you do.

nepatitan

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania
Hey guys quick question about 18650s in the reo grand. I have a few older 18650s probably 7 or 8 months old, I work from home so I'm recharging them about once a day. The last few days I have been having misfiring on my grand. Just did a cleaning and rechecked everything as per the cleaning video. When I get a misfire, I take the cover off and push the button down and rotate the battery. As the battery is turned it fires then stops then fires then stops. I end up leaving the battery in the position where the grand will fire. Could this be old batteries, I have used them in quite a few telescopic mods with very small positive pins (not sure if I've slightly depressed the nipple on the battery)
Any help would be great
Thank you

ps - I've also tried using a emery board to the connection points on the battery.

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
That's a good question...and I think it's been asked before. Just to be clear...you can sand on the positive battery contact on the mod too...not just the battery. If you haven't done so yet, you may want to give that a shot. Also....if you are a button masher, it's possible that you've bent the positive battery contact far enough, it's only making contact on the edge. If working over the positive battery contact doesn't fix anything, get a hold of Rob via PM or call him tomorrow. He'll know what to do. :)

nepatitan

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania
lol questions are quite fine with me :)
I have two more nipple top 18650s I will play around with and measure them. The spring is clean and never collapsed or anything. The only weird thing I have noticed but has been since new was that when I slide the door up the battery seems get pulled a little towards the door because of the magnets, but happens when I slide the door down from the top as well. But has never seemed to be a problem in the past, just putting it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread