Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Awesome local beer from Whistler BC.
bafc2dbf1663a1de4fd6755ee98f5509.jpg

Sent from Avril the REO filled with VM Tropical Ice!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Awesome local beer from Whistler BC.
bafc2dbf1663a1de4fd6755ee98f5509.jpg

See, this stuff ^^^^ is much better than Molson :)

Welcome to Australia, Rob. Half that town is Ausie hipsters on a year of travel before uni.

Reactions: Robfisher

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I used to head across the bridge in the Soo for real Canadian beer too. Potent stuff.

So true. We have a silly joke we tell in bars...

<skip this next part if you're not into crassness - apologies if you don't heed that and are offended>

What do American beer and sex in a canoe have in common?

They're both eff'ing near water.

<you read it, didn't you>

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Try growing up in a state where 3.2% ABV was called beer, and liquor was only sold in state owned/controlled stores. But 86 miles away we could get all the real beer, liquor, cigarettes and fireworks we wanted. I can't begin to count the times we cut school starting in 7th grade to make that 172 mile run. An uncle (my Mom's brother) had helped me build my first hot rod (that my folks didn't know I had).

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I see a set of Jarts in the background jif. Back in the day ours had real steel tips. I used to head across the bridge in the Soo for real Canadian beer too. Potent stuff. Good cherry whiskey too.

Heck yeah! These are fun, but real Jarts were better. I had them also.

Reactions: K31Scout

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I lived in salt Lake City for a year and had to deal with the 3.2% crap. We took trips into Evanston Wyoming to get kegs.
I lived in southern Utah for almost 10 years... it was an hour drive in either direction for real beer. Got used to drinking a LOT of 3.2 Tacate.

And some more. ;-)
4ef1abacba9f7fc4eb3ed4b35caf6de6.jpg

Now that looks like fun! :party:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I lived in southern Utah for almost 10 years... it was an hour drive in either direction for real beer. Got used to drinking a LOT of 3.2 Tacate.

Sounds like SE UT.

Before I moved to Sin City 17+ years ago I lived in St. George, UT for about 7 years (SW UT). It was an easy 30 minute drive to Mesquite, NV through The Gorge though for whatever my heart desired.

My kick lately has been the claro Modelo Especial (4.5 ABV) and obscura Negra Modelo (5.3 ABV). The malty/smoky Negra goes the best with hot and spicy Mexican foods IMO, but is a little sweet. Especial has more body and a heavier finish than most of the other Mexican, Central/South American claro cervezas I've had.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Oooh, Rob, that looks nice. Amber ale? Brown ale?

Thanks for remembering this thread. I'll post one pretty soon. I'll have some good ones for tomorrow night too from the Helmet concert in downtown Orlando.

Note to self: bring the Grand into the pit, not the Woodvil.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
2015-09-25 20.04.03.jpg
If you like bud light coors light has gota hit the spot better!

Back from dinner after 3 tall frosties!

Oh really really really love the cocobolo woodvil! All I can think is its the extra weight of it.. I have other woodvils even smoother and everyone talks about how smooth the coco is.. for me it's the solid feel and extra weight of it that has me freakin hooked!

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds like SE UT.

Before I moved to Sin City 17+ years ago I lived in St. George, UT for about 7 years (SW UT). It was an easy 30 minute drive to Mesquite, NV through The Gorge though for whatever my heart desired.

My kick lately has been the claro Modelo Especial (4.5 ABV) and obscura Negra Modelo (5.3 ABV). The malty/smoky Negra goes the best with hot and spicy Mexican foods IMO, but is a little sweet. Especial has more body and a heavier finish than most of the other Mexican, Central/South American claro cervezas I've had.
South central UT- Boulder, to be exact. Most remote town in the lower 48. About 3-4 hours east of St George.
I drank a bit of Modelo when I lived in the SW, I should revisit, I remember liking it quite a bit.

Reactions: Spydro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread