Lamb of God.
20150724_201909.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Anyone else find it hilarious to wear a Celine Dion tshirt to go see slipknot?

Still in FL until tomorrow, but going to see Bullet for my valentine, lamb of god and slipknot tonight in W. Palm Beach area. My brother, pictured, has been vaping his 2011 anodized Grand for one month longer than me. He's the one who found REOs first.
View attachment 474785

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Anyone else find it hilarious to wear a Celine Dion tshirt to go see slipknot?

Yeah, I caught that. I thought he was just being ironic like a good hipster.

Back when I was a punk, we used to do things like that only we'd hand write something mirthful like "must die" on it.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's probably an actual band "Celine Dion Must Die".
If, not, it should be.

Yeah, I caught that. I thought he was just being ironic like a good hipster.

Back when I was a punk, we used to do things like that only we'd hand write something mirthful like "must die" on it.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Still in FL until tomorrow, but going to see Bullet for my valentine, lamb of god and slipknot tonight in W. Palm Beach area. My brother, pictured, has been vaping his 2011 anodized Grand for one month longer than me. He's the one who found REOs first.
View attachment 474785

If it's the outdoor amphitheater (used to be called Mars music amphitheater but I hear it's changed names a few times) out by the fair grounds I can tell you that I've seen many killer acts at that place. I really loved it. I actually crowd surfed for the first time there during a sound garden performance. Didn't stay up long on my few attempts but it was unreal, Let's see, if I remember (these are some very blurry memories) I know I've seen queensryche, deftones, STP, a bunch of bands in festivals like ozzfest (with ozzy), Metallica, and many other killer acts I can't even remember. The most sedate was the cure with my wife. I believe I injured my back attempting to crowd surf into what I thought was my brother and our buddies from by jumping backwards out of the back of a Toyota 4x4 into them but they were not there (yeah I wasn't straight) so I backflopped straight on to the ground. We used to get the right attitude in the parking lot a couple of hours before the shows started :) we were all alone out there :)

Along the lines of the cure, I actually took my wife to a Natalie Merchant concert in a opera house once too :). Totally not me.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yep, used to be called the Cruzan Amphitheater, now Coral Sky Amphitheater. It was awesome. Now, swillin' in Georgia.

View attachment 475366

Yes, come to think of it I think it was coral sky when I left. Always buy lawn and work your way to the pit or if going with wife, buy box right on the main walkway and watch the freaks walkin by.

I'm swillin in GA too but different stuff:

image.jpg

What part ya in bro? I'm about 1 hour south of Tennessee off the 575 corridor which is west of the I 75 corridor. Would be cool to meet ya :)

Reactions: RuDawg7890

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
This LoG/slipknot stuff isn't exactly my glass o' wine, but since jif was having bfast with the lead singer and all, I looked them up... watched the video for "512", and holy David Lynch!! (he didn't direct it or anything, but lots of pretty obvious references) I'm a big Lynch fan myself, and thought the video was pretty cool. :thumb:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm a big Lynch fan myself

I think I love you... in a non-uncomfortable-fellow-reonaut kind of way.

Lynch is pretty much my fav director. When I was in university, I had a job as usher in a midnight madness theatre, and got to see Eraserhead 30 or 40 times. Changed my life (so did the schooling, I s'pose).

spencerx.jpg

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I think I love you... in a non-uncomfortable-fellow-reonaut kind of way.

Lynch is pretty much my fav director. When I was in university, I had a job as usher in a midnight madness theatre, and got to see Eraserhead 30 or 40 times. Changed my life (so did the schooling, I s'pose).

View attachment 475460

Wow, 30-40 time would definitely be life-changing. I think I saw it once or twice in college, very much under the influence of probably a few different things. Memory is a bit unclear, but it's better that way. You reminded me that I better see it again, and I think my neighbor has a copy!

Just watched twin peaks (again) and it just gets better every time. My favs are Wild at Heart and Mullholland Drive. For some reason, and I have TRIED, but I just can't get into Blue Velvet (I know... :shock:)

Have you seen this?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You know there's going to be new Twin Peaks episodes, right?
Google it - or I can scrape up details...

And Super_X, Quensryche? LOL - fond memories for me - had to play their stuff en route to the show cuz my wife didn't know who they were. She loved it.

Wow, 30-40 time would definitely be life-changing. I think I saw it once or twice in college, very much under the influence of probably a few different things. Memory is a bit unclear, but it's better that way. You reminded me that I better see it again, and I think my neighbor has a copy!

Just watched twin peaks (again) and it just gets better every time. My favs are Wild at Heart and Mullholland Drive. For some reason, and I have TRIED, but I just can't get into Blue Velvet (I know... :shock:)

Have you seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread