Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Haha, yep, I vaped mine before ordering but I remember that as I was building it I thought to myself, "#2 is inbound already."

Yeah, I don't know why I always do that. I knew that if I liked it, I wouldn't be satisfied with just one. I never am. So it just ends up giving a few more bucks to the USPS.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yeah, I don't know why I always do that. I knew that if I liked it, I wouldn't be satisfied with just one. I never am. So it just ends up giving a few more bucks to the USPS.
I'm never satisfied with one either. I always think "what if something happens to it, I need a backup." Though of course I have literally never had an atty fail on me, but hey. 2 is essential for an atty I enjoy.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Mine's running an 8 wrap 26g 316L right now, and it's been vaping so good I haven't experimented further yet. I'm a big fan of 26g and the way it heats/cools. I'm really digging this setup.

That's about the set up I had in mind. I just finished throwing a quick build in it. I haven't even tried it yet, because I forgot to give it a soak in some Dawn. So that's where it is now. I did a 7 wrap, 3mm diameter. We'll see shortly, and go from there.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
That's about the set up I had in mind. I just finished throwing a quick build in it. I haven't even tried it yet, because I forgot to give it a soak in some Dawn. So that's where it is now. I did a 7 wrap, 3mm diameter. We'll see shortly, and go from there.
3mm is what I'm using too. I think the chamber is smaller. I used to be able to fit a certain blunt tip needle between the coil and chamber walls in the Hadaly and used that to sort of tuck the wick away from the airflow. Now that needle won't fit, so I use a piece of 24g to accomplish the same task.

Also I really love that "bilateral liquid injection block" or whatever they call it. The way it squonks will make you giddy.

Reactions: MsLoud

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
3mm is what I'm using too. I think the chamber is smaller. I used to be able to fit a certain blunt tip needle between the coil and chamber walls in the Hadaly and used that to sort of tuck the wick away from the airflow. Now that needle won't fit, so I use a piece of 24g to accomplish the same task.

Also I really love that "bilateral liquid injection block" or whatever they call it. The way it squonks will make you giddy.

I haven't ever used 26g in the Hadaly. But my thinking with the smaller chamber in the Entheon was to use a similar build to what I use in the O-16, which is 26g.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I like the smaller chamber and was the while reason I went for the Entheon! Have a large 2.5mm alien 5 wrap in there now.. Prob 28mm/36 kanthal .48ohms and it's kicking at 33watts.

The smaller chamber is to help make sure the coil is closer to the side walls were the air holes are. I'll try 3mm next in the other one soon.

Figure the air flow goes straight up the side walls.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
No kidding! It would have been here yesterday but missing the truck out of the sorting facility by an hour.
Problem now is - seems I bought the last SV on the site and twice now I found it sitting next to hubs in his normal Saturday football chair! [emoji23]

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

There's another SV out there now. We have 6 or 7 in stock, just with other door options on them. I've swapped out a door so the full SV body/door combo is available.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

After messing around with the Entheon for a couple days, my impressions are:
This is a top notch atty. Beautifully machined, nice hardware, although I’m not crazy about slotted screws, personally. I prefer Phillips head or hex; but that’s just a small point. The clamping system is much improved over the Hadaly. I’m sure it would even clamp thinner wire, like 28g or 30g securely, whereas the Hadaly had a problem with thinner wire. After trying 2 or 3 coils with 26g 316L, I finally installed a 24g coil, similar to that which I generally use in my Stumpys. For whatever reason, I prefer the 24g. I’m using 24g 316L, 3mm dia., 8 wraps spaced. It ohms out at .33. I’m getting every bit as nice a vape as I get with my Stumpys, which is a ‘gold standard’ for me; because the Stumpy has been my favorite atty for quite some time.
The two way squonk ‘injector block’, whatever it’s called, is very cool. The squonker juice aims directly at both wick ends. The air intakes in the cap and the base are set higher than the Hadaly, so over squonking won’t be as much of a problem, although I suppose over squonking would still be possible, as is true with any side air atty.
If I had one small complaint, and it’s somewhat nit picky, it is that with all the drip tip set up options that come with it, adaptors, chuff tips in delrin and SS, none really suit me. I’m using the delrin chuff, which is just ok, but I’d prefer it to be just a tad taller, and slightly larger bore.
But all in all, this atty is definitely a keeper. I’m glad I ordered a second one, even before having the first one sorted out.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
This is a top notch atty. Beautifully machined, nice hardware, although I’m not crazy about slotted screws, personally. I prefer Phillips head or hex; but that’s just a small point. The clamping system is much improved over the Hadaly. I’m sure it would even clamp thinner wire, like 28g or 30g securely, whereas the Hadaly had a problem with thinner wire. After trying 2 or 3 coils with 26g 316L, I finally installed a 24g coil, similar to that which I generally use in my Stumpys. For whatever reason, I prefer the 24g. I’m using 24g 316L, 3mm dia., 8 wraps spaced. It ohms out at .33. I’m getting every bit as nice a vape as I get with my Stumpys, which is a ‘gold standard’ for me; because the Stumpy has been my favorite atty for quite some time.
The two way squonk ‘injector block’, whatever it’s called, is very cool. The squonker juice aims directly at both wick ends. The air intakes in the cap and the base are set higher than the Hadaly, so over squonking won’t be as much of a problem, although I suppose over squonking would still be possible, as is true with any side air atty.
If I had one small complaint, and it’s somewhat nit picky, it is that with all the drip tip set up options that come with it, adaptors, chuff tips in delrin and SS, none really suit me. I’m using the delrin chuff, which is just ok, but I’d prefer it to be just a tad taller, and slightly larger bore.
But all in all, this atty is definitely a keeper. I’m glad I ordered a second one, even before having the first one sorted out.
Hahaha, I switched to the exact same 24g coil today and agree. Vaping it right now and it's just lovely. I also agree about slotted screws. I greatly prefer hex.but at least these screws are a bit longer than the Hadalys, so I haven't had them pop out on me yet.

I agree about the chuff too. I am thobking about trying to find a better delrin or ultem tip. Id prefer it be a bit longer than any of these options. Actually, I liked the Hadalys drip tip and may try using it with the delrin adaptor. But really, I'd like to find a better tip altogether.

I feel it will be easier to find a good matching driptip for the entheon than the O16 or Hadaly, but who knows.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

Nice.. your right on all points. This is my first chuff top and love it.. yeah it could be taller but ive dealt with it. You need larger around? Damn you must be hard core!

I pulled off the chuff top and tried it with nothing.. haha that's crazy!

I'm going remove one of my coils and try your build.. though I don't have 24g.. only 26g and 28 in as 316l.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Hahaha, I switched to the exact same 24g coil today and agree. Vaping it right now and it's just lovely. I also agree about slotted screws. I greatly prefer hex.but at least these screws are a bit longer than the Hadalys, so I haven't had them pop out on me yet.

I agree about the chuff too. I am thobking about trying to find a better delrin or ultem tip. Id prefer it be a bit longer than any of these options. Actually, I liked the Hadalys drip tip and may try using it with the delrin adaptor. But really, I'd like to find a better tip altogether.

I feel it will be easier to find a good matching driptip for the entheon than the O16 or Hadaly, but who knows.

Yeah, I just wasn’t getting quite what I wanted out of the 26g. The only place I’ve had success with 26g is in the O-16, for some reason. In the Stumpys and Entheon, the 24g just seems better. In my Hadalys, I have 28g parallels. I haven’t tried that yet in the Entheon.
I’m one of the few, I think, that really likes the feel of the O-16 stock tip. I also like the large bore tips that I have in my Stumpys, but they’re not standard 510s. They’re made just for the Stumpy, without the 510 adaptor.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Nice.. your right on all points. This is my first chuff top and love it.. yeah it could be taller but ive dealt with it. You need larger around? Damn you must be hard core!

I'm going remove one of my coils and try your build.. though I don't have 24g.. only 26g and 28 in as 316l.

No, the diameter of the delrin tip is fine; just about right for me. I just wish it was 3 or 4mm taller, and slightly larger bore.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

Yeah, if you like 316L, I’d strongly suggest picking up some 24g. I think you’d really like it.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I'll need to rummage around - I'm sure I have 24g SS here somewhere - I have 26g in
now around .6ohm. I had to go a bit higher in cold resistance than I normally do because it's a bit too warm too fast. I love the Entheon. I'll be getting another.
LOVE the look on the P67! My drip tip of choice is still Loki Router - REOs and Loki just go together.
d0d449855f4df6bd3fd6466e40e71408.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'll need to rummage around - I'm sure I have 24g SS here somewhere - I have 26g in
now around .6ohm. I had to go a bit higher in cold resistance than I normally do because it's a bit too warm too fast. I love the Entheon. I'll be getting another.
LOVE the look on the P67! My drip tip of choice is still Loki Router - REOs and Loki just go together.
d0d449855f4df6bd3fd6466e40e71408.jpg

The Psyclone Mods Kryten RDA's work very well for me (have 6 of them), my Hadaly's are leakers so do not win me over, I wasn't interested in the Entheon until I heard it doesn't leak. Sounds like trading the Hadaly's in for them would be a win. I mostly use SS 316L now days, 26, 24 & 22 with much lower super sub ohm builds.

Memories... the long forgotten Routers. I have 5 or 6 Loki Routers around here someplace (all original SS versions). Ran them on the Grands on various atty's way back when I still used those Reos. They might even still be on those Grands that are all stored away. This made me look for pictures of them, but only found a couple so far of some on Grands and Nuppin's.

nup1s.jpg

reo11s.jpg

I had used them on tube mods as well... These are on GP PAPS, with a custom Senio hybrid dripper on one of my the PAPS X's and a Lancia RTA on a PAPS 2.1.

pips.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The Psyclone Mods Kryten RDA's work very well for me (have 6 of them), my Hadaly's are leakers so do not win me over, I wasn't interested in the Entheon until I heard it doesn't leak. Sounds like trading the Hadaly's in for them would be a win. I mostly use SS 316L now days, 26, 24 & 22 with much lower super sub ohm builds.

Memories... the long forgotten Routers. I have 5 or 6 Loki Routers around here someplace (all original SS versions). Ran them on the Grands on various atty's way back when I still used those Reos. They might even still be on those Grands that are all stored away. This made me look for pictures of them, but only found a couple so far of some on Grands and Nuppin's.

View attachment 688431
View attachment 688433

I had used them on tube mods as well... These are on GP PAPS, with a custom Senio hybrid dripper on one of my the PAPS X's and a Lancia RTA on a PAPS 2.1.

View attachment 688441

If you liked the Hadaly, other than the over squonking/leaking issue, I think you’d be very happy with the Entheon. It’s like they took an otherwise very good atty, the Hadaly, and properly addressed the flaws. I’d highly recommend it.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
If you liked the Hadaly, other than the over squonking/leaking issue, I think you’d be very happy with the Entheon. It’s like they took an otherwise very good atty, the Hadaly, and properly addressed the flaws. I’d highly recommend it.

Any gear that leaks I don't want to use at all. Restricted DLH's are also not my thing. Hence the Hadaly's see little to no use. I might use one to test drive a new DIY sometimes, but they are never in my daily rotations. Since I moved up from the small chamber atty's, I'm not normally a fan of single coil atty's on any of my gear. I do have one 22mm BF that can only do singles, and another 22mm BF that does do dual coils but only has a single in it at present that I do use (and a bunch of them that I never use). But instead of on the Reos, these two see use on a couple of Eleaf Pico Squeeze mods I sometimes take out on my wee hours of the night errands (either just tossed in a shirt pocket or in the custom double cup holder I have in my ride that they fit in).

Psyclone Mods came late to the party with the Entheon after the failures of the Hadaly. I have a 30mm mod that has a beauty ring for 24mm/25mm attys that is more trouble than it's worth to me. So I doubt I'd use the one that comes with this atty. Even so I might try an Entheon anyway.

Questions...
Does the Entheon's proprietary cap take 810 size 510 adapters (IOW, will the cap also take 810 chuff tips without anything else in them)?
I want big air, not a restricted draw. So is the Entheon's AFC system capable of big air?
Thanks.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread