Replace Center post Grommet on Ego Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
I have a kanger VV 650 rgo and the half the time I have to lift the center post a little so the tanks will make contact, it need a replacemen rubber Grommet its flatten thru age. It should be simple but wanted to ask if anyone has done it.

I have spare center post grommets from other ego bats that went bad I figure I just pop out the center post, unsoldier the wire from the post, thread the wire thru a new grommet, resoldier the post and put it all back. Anyone else did this?

Sonar505

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
The center Pos. post and grommet in the kanger was smaller than the post and grommet of my other batteries I use for parts. So the grommet parts was to big for the hole. I did some research and found a video of a guy replaceing his bats gromment with shrink tubeing. The only problem I seen was there was no lip to stop the center post from being pushed all the way down where it could ground out on the battery head. So I carefully cut off the lip of the old grommet and used it as a stop to keep the post from getting pushed down. I suppose I also could have used a small o-ring.

Anyway, its been about 2 weeks since I repaired it and its worked great. I don't have to pry up the post anymore to make contact with the tank. I started using this Kanger VV twist Sept 2014 and its still working great, still holds a good charge even though its over a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread