Replace o ring or grommet below center post on Kanger VV twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
I've had my Kanger VV for a while and it still works as good as the day I bought it. But allot of times I have to pry up on the center post to get connection with my tank. I would say the o-ring has flatten and needs replaced.
Has anyone ever replaced a center post o ring on a battery? Or is it not a o ring underneath the post, maybe its a grommet like used in the coil heads. If anyone knows of a thread or video can you post it.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes, it is an o-ring. A #60 (aka 260) from any hardware store will work. Found in the plumbing/faucet section, usually.

With the battery turned OFF (usually 5 fast clicks), use something like a hobby knife (Xacto) to cut the old one out. Pull the pin up a bit.

You may be able to work the new one around the pin, but you can also cut it once, so you have an opening. Then just gradually work it around the pin. Once it's all the way in, there's enough compression so the cut you made effectively disappears. Use a round toothpick for the stuffing, after clipping one end square.

Don't pull the pin much - there's a wire attached to the inner end, and you don't want to break that, or you'll have a truly dead device! :)

I have done this "surgery" on an SVD, and the connection is similar. Been working fine for over a year now.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread