Replacing Artery Nugget battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
As above, wondering if it is possible to replace the battery in the nugget with another 18350? I measured, the length of the space available for the battery is only about 4cm.

I have no idea if the current battery in it can actually handle the amp's drawn by the mod as it is a 1000mah battery ( 3.7Wh ). Maybe I can replace it with the red AW 800mah battery that mooch has tested and to be in his top 3 18350 cells.

Any suggestions?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not familiar with this specific mod, and Googled the website for info. All I could find was its an internal built-in high drain 1000mAh 18350 battery. Nowhere did I see any information on battery replacement. It does not appear that the mod can be easily taken apart to replace the battery.

You may attempt to contact the manufacturer and ask your question directly.

CONTACT INFO

Address: Room 510-512, Building C, Bao'an New Generation Information Industry Park, Chuangye 2 Road West, Bao’an 28 District, Shenzhen.

Phone number: 0755-23344678

Mobile number:17727983138

E-mail: Info@arteryvapor.com
CONTACT FORM

Reactions: Paul lamb

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I saw a youtube review from vapingbogan where he questioned the claim that the inbuilt 18350 battery could actually deliver A 20 A discharge....check it out...he also reckons you could change the battery with some soldering skills.

From what I understand the 18350 is a high drain li-po that was designed for the mod itself.

I would not sudjest atempting to replace the cell at all.

If it is a Li-Po battery, then I would not recommend attempting to use an AW or any other IMR 18350 battery in this mod.

Reactions: defdock

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Just curious where you got this info from?

When the nugget was first released, some guy made a video on the internals. He also was dissapointed it was a lipo, as he wanted to beable to replace the cell whenever it was shot :/

Also a talk with customer service, i asked where they source their high drain 18350 batteries for the mod and was told they are not "cells"

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
When the nugget was first released, some guy made a video on the internals. He also was dissapointed it was a lipo, as he wanted to beable to replace the cell whenever it was shot :/

Also a talk with customer service, i asked where they source their high drain 18350 batteries for the mod and was told they are not "cells"

Thanks for the reply, would you still be able to find that video perhaps?

PBusardo just did a review of the Nugget recently and showed the inside as well (screenshot up in Nugget-thread in the TC section of the forum if anyone's curious), but so far people only seem to speculate without any real info.

I've seen it mentioned before that it is a LIPO but people more knowledgeable than I say it's almost impossible that a LIPO this size has such a capacity so I was hoping to get this sorted out some way.

Perhaps I should invite mr. Mooch to have a look at the photo of the battery to see if he can make some sense out of the numbers on the side of it.

Reactions: defdock

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The lipos used in mods are commonly not that much different from the 18xxx batteries we use. As long as the nominal voltages are the same and the new battery fits it should be possible to replace the battery. In theory at least, and if one knows what one is doing.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Il try to find the video.

@KenD, theoreticaly it should be able to be done. The video with the internals, he was comparing the sizes of the lipo and an 18350 flat top cell and the 18350 was about a 6mm longer. From what he noted, it might be doable if you grind open extra space for it to fit with wires (just he wasnt gunna do it)

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
It's a LiPo/ICR battery.

It can be replaced but how are you going to solder to steel? The internal LiPo's have solderable tabs. Standard 18350 cells aren't solderable without considerable effort.

We're discussing this same subject in two different threads now, but the other guy in the other thread (lol) said he'd done it before.

Nicest solution would be to put in a small 18350 sled of course, but that's gonna be a real tight fit, if it fits at all.

I'll play around with it when the battery dies in one of my Nuggets, but as long as they're functioning properly I don't want to mess with them.

I'll be back in a year or so :p

Shadowwalker007

Oct 12, 2016
It's a LiPo/ICR battery.

It can be replaced but how are you going to solder to steel? The internal LiPo's have solderable tabs. Standard 18350 cells aren't solderable without considerable effort.

Is the nugget internal battery good or just ok. Mooch if you can help me out. Are lipo stable to use so much explosion stories in the air.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Is the nugget internal battery good or just ok. Mooch if you can help me out. Are lipo stable to use so much explosion stories in the air.

I don't know anything about that battery, sorry.
    LiPo's are as stable as any other li-ion battery. They react much more violently if short-circuited though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread