• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Replacing the Stardusts. What are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Have you tried rinsing the heads off, paper towel drying the dreadlocks and refilling? Slap it on the twist at 3.2v, the first few puffs will be sub par till it cooks the remaining water off. I've had some heads that have the odd burny plastic taste that cleared up once I washed everything out. As far as the ohms, I'd definitely check them with a multimeter/on-PV check; I've yet to get a Vision head actually meter to what it was labelled as (though they've always been higher).

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Have you tried rinsing the heads off, paper towel drying the dreadlocks and refilling? Slap it on the twist at 3.2v, the first few puffs will be sub par till it cooks the remaining water off. I've had some heads that have the odd burny plastic taste that cleared up once I washed everything out. As far as the ohms, I'd definitely check them with a multimeter/on-PV check; I've yet to get a Vision head actually meter to what it was labelled as (though they've always been higher).

I tried that once with some everclear, I'll have to try it with some bottled water once I get home.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
You say you have 8 vivi's... are you simply topping them up or giving them a good cleaning between refills? I have 2 vivi's and I hate changing heads because there is such a long break-in period. Are you sure the coils are getting broken in. It seems to me to take an entire tank or so before the coils are burning right.

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
You say you have 8 vivi's... are you simply topping them up or giving them a good cleaning between refills? I have 2 vivi's and I hate changing heads because there is such a long break-in period. Are you sure the coils are getting broken in. It seems to me to take an entire tank or so before the coils are burning right.

I used Vivi Novas flawlessly for about 4-6 weeks, I cleaned the ever living piss out of them every time I switched a juice or every 2nd refill. I know what the heads were like before breaking in and this something totally different.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
I used Vivi Novas flawlessly for about 4-6 weeks, I cleaned the ever living piss out of them every time I switched a juice or every 2nd refill. I know what the heads were like before breaking in and this something totally different.

Beats me then...was just a thought.

darren molnar

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
Oh, just saw lakus recomend the t3s, thanks.

Jables do an autopsy on one of the funky heads. look to see if the coil wire is burning the bottom gasket. Pull the center pin out, it's the gasket separating positive from negative. if it's burning you'll see two black\brown lines where the wires were.

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
I guess I'm one of the freaks :ohmy: I'm stuck on the T2s after being a stardust lover.
I have a T3 and it's not bad, haven't given it a fair chance yet though, I keep flipping back to the T2. I'll be using the T3 more, it deserves to be broken in.
As for the Viva Nova, maybe I just expected a lot more out of them :unsure: Everyone seems to rave constantly about them & recommend them more then anything else. I tried one and found them to be no big deal. I really want to like them, I have 3 or 4 of them now. I even got an extra red tank for one.
Maybe its the batteries I've tried them with IDK. I will try one again when I get my other Vamo.

Why not pick up a VN, T2 & T3. Do a comparison, they all have replaceable heads so they are a good little investment.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The following is pretty much how I feel about Stardusts:

River_Tam_ice_planet.jpg

I'm quite enjoying my Vivi Nova and my Kanger T2 so far, however. Miles o' difference.

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Maybe just maybe this is a wicking issue. If using the long wicks ,,,, cut them back and fluff.

You might need to tip more but this way the juice will get to the coil faster. I think this tip comes Mindfield.

I used them and they worked extremely well for me for over a month, so it's something to do with the innards. I'll figure it out soon enough, I miss the easy vape the vivi novas provided.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Still a big stardust fan here!

First coil ever crapped out on me a couple days ago. Was using it since the V3's came out.
Grabbed one of the 3 replacement heads I purchased when I got my two V3's,
pulled out the silica and put in 1.5mm. of cotton wicking material.

Back in my sweet spot in 10 minutes. (Well, maybe more like 20)

I found what works best for me and I'm stickin' with it.
Cotton rules!:vapor::vapor:

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
I used them and they worked extremely well for me for over a month, so it's something to do with the innards. I'll figure it out soon enough, I miss the easy vape the vivi novas provided.

Noticed the burnt taste on one and took it apart. First time I've seen the sleeve burnt (out of 3 decommissioned so far).

Left side is the top so I guess hot spots were forming near the legs...

_MG_9170.jpg

johnnytwofingers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Vancouver, Canada

Someone I know was having this issue, he took the top cap off and the rubber thingy, and dry burned it (off/on/off/on)...he said it smoked (plasticy) for a long time (like one of them I think he said he did this for several minutes) then eventually it stopped smoking. Think he rinsed under the tap, towel dried, and put it back in and tried it and that solved the problem.

Another idea....I've had a similar taste on T2's before until I learned of the trick to remove the condom and trim just a very slight amount off the end, basically so it doesn't push down as far on the wicks, giving just a little bit more space for wicking. Problem solved, totally. So, I've never spent too much time screwing around with my Vivi, but if you examine it maybe you can see something that might hamper the wicking process and try to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread