RDA replica/fake vs. cloned rda's

Status
Not open for further replies.

coralsands

Jul 8, 2015
i was just wonderring what the difference between a replica (fake with the name of the original manufacturer on it) and a clone is as far as like, cost effectiveness, materials its made out of, etc. is? like would a faked rda perform alot worse than a clone, would performance be similar? im just debating whether to go with a single clone and hope that i dont break it(im fairly clumsy) or go with like three replicas for the same price

Reactions: thetrucker

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The words fake, replica and clone are often interchangeable, quality may be comparable or different but that really doesn't have much to do with the wording.
If you're looking at a specific clone do some research and see what others are saying about it. There's also several different companies that make clones such as Tobeco, Infinite, Ivogo, EHPro, etc., and the quality may or may not vary between those in a specific item.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I think the point is to ENJOY your vape.... In my world where I don't have to conform to the PC standard of the day. I vape on the device I LIKE that I got at the Price I wanted to pay. Original or NOT matter not one bit if the vape sucks.

Fwiw, you have the ORIGINAL and everything else. Depending on your definition ALL vaping device after the first one could be define as copies, fakes or clones.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I do my research and i buy clones IF i know from others that they are great. I tend to let others test them out first :) For me its different with every item I buy but like the poster above, I will only buy original mods with known control modules, circuit boards etc. IF money is really really tight, than yes, some will buy cloned mod boxes as well but the problem with them is I don't think they last as long. And if the chips aren't great, its easy to buy a 40 watt device that only puts out 17 watts max so for this reason, I only go authentic. IF someone comes along. If you are a really handy person and love to fix things, than clone atomizers/drippers etc can be fun but even with clones, I always change out the screws and put in Stainless Steel ones as soon as I open it up. IF however, I really do love a clone, than I will generally turn around and buy the authentic for no matter how you slice it, the quality control is better on most of the authentics. I learned buying lots of clones but as I became more knowledgeable about things, I personally swung back to about 80% authentic for they usually just work. I got a bit tired of having to fiddle with clones and the often inferior heat insulators, etc. I do still buy mech mods that are clones and often RDAs but have swung back more to authentic atomizers to avoid all the fiddling with them.....but Im not a really handy person to begin with. iF i WERE I would have stuck with clones.

Most importantly, just buy what YOU want and and don't let anyone guilt you into only buying from the USA or excuse about how its morally wrong to buy clones, blah blah blah for that will usually be what people in the business of vaping tell you. They just want your money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread