Resin mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
The point of even having a resin is to leave it unfinished because if you were to say drop the mod and nick or scratch it, you could literally buff or sand the blemish out and make it look almost brand new again. I would just leave it completely resin and not have any paint or ceramic coating applied to it.
The feel of the resin alone is gonna be awesome, plus it's water proof, joose proof, can dunk it down into the sink and clean it like a grand, new 510, looks exactly and functions exactly like the new woodvils, won't swell or crack from the environment. A whole lot of positive reasons to own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah buddy, so anyone know when we can expect these on the market?

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Rob stated a while back, that once he is completely finished with the woodvil run he plans to roll full steam ahead into the resins.
He already has a few prototypes in use and he will be selling a few along with all the woodvils on that sale night. I imagine they will not last long, he's planning for 400 woodvils this run and only a handful of resin mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jifjifjif

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
So, how tough are these? I am as clumsy as you can be and my apartment has no carpet - just tile. I won't dishonor Rob by buying a woodie only to have it destroyed. Will these be able to take drop abuse like a metal REO?

My guess is the resin mods will be easier on your tile than the metal Reos!

Swamper

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Glendora n.j. USA
I have to ask folks it has been bugging me since day one, what is the clear resin mod rob is holding in his hand.(last photo) I have become old, deaf and blind should I throw a dumb in there or does that clear mod look different than the rest? Maybe like there could be some extra room for a €#!£ or is that a shell for a grand. All my Reo's are the mini's 2.1 and that one in his hand looks ah I'm just loosing it, different.

Swamper

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Glendora n.j. USA
I have to ask folks it has been bugging me since day one, what is the clear resin mod rob is holding in his hand.(last photo) I have become old, deaf and blind should I throw a dumb in there or does that clear mod look different than the rest? Maybe like there could be some extra room for a €#!£ or is that a shell for a grand. All my Reo's are the mini's 2.1 and that one in his hand looks ah I'm just loosing it, different.
OK put my glasses on and i'm seeing it now.

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
So, how tough are these? I am as clumsy as you can be and my apartment has no carpet - just tile. I won't dishonor Rob by buying a woodie only to have it destroyed. Will these be able to take drop abuse like a metal REO?
Jup, am sure these will take even more abuse, cuz the color is all the way through, get a nick, buff it out from what everyone has said. And as mentioned, not as much abuse to your floors.

Reactions: rudy4653
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread