Resistance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have an istick box mod (thanks @Crowedude654 and MadVapes!) that came with a .02 and a .05 ohm coils for the tank/clearo. I've been using 1.5 ohm coils in the VW mode. I have no intention to goto TC (after trying it once) with the .02, but can I use either or both the sub-ohm coils in VW mode?

sparkey909w

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Depends on the Istick you have. ensure it is kanthal wire coil and the mod will handle the low ohms.
    I had an Istick 50w it has a .2 to 5 ohm range and the istick 30w has a .4 ohm min resistance.
    Check the specs on your mod and always practice battery safety and understand ohms law.
    Kanthal is for VW mode and Nickle,Titanium,and Stainless steel are for Temp control

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    TC 60W. Both the .2 & .5 coil heads have 5W - 35W stamped into them. I know the mod and the batteries I have will handle those two coil heads, but I assume the metal in them is Nickel, not Kanthal. I don't know why I used thousandths in my earlier post. Well I know why I made that simple mistake, but I don't know why I didn't catch the error before I posted.. I'm not even going to edit that post, just as a reminder to me..

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    The o-rings on all three (well I have five 1.5's) are black, but I submitted a request at MadVapes as to what the metals are. I'm pretty much a constant VW'er, but I might have go another round with TC and this .2 coil. Not soon though.. Thanks for your input and replies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread