Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
When i was younger i thought politicians in my country alone were ......, now i know better. It doesn't matter from which country they are...it's almost like they are a different breed of people..

in the movie religulous there was a politician being talked in circles and being confused with simple questions who made a statement something like "politicians don't have to pass an I.Q. test". (yeah, no sh...) more often than not, it's eventually obvious.

my question was more along the lines of what good is a nanny that doesn't realize that apples and oranges are healthier for your kids than McDonalds? if we're going to have a nanny state, we should have nanny's that can see the obvious and act upon it. having politicians with their hands out and politicians who are too stupid to no the difference between harm and help is what makes that phrase an oxymoron. a phrase that deserves to mean what it says.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Seems kind of silly to go in to a thread titled "response from Senator Dianne Feinstein" then be up set because it has political over tones. IMO someone calling others political observations garbage posts, is the garbage post in this thread.

So I should expect to read about partisan politics on a vape site? Posts calling Feinstein a communist do nothing to help our cause. The over the top partisanship will only create a schism in the vaping community. Due to some of the views I've read from members of the CASAA on this site, I would never support the organization. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Then again, adding water to a glass that's already full can be an exercise in futility...

I don't think writing a short response letter is too much effort. We cannot afford to give up so easily. I am 98% sure it will do no good, but if her assertions go unchallenged, it is our fault. We must take one more step, in my opinion.

OP, are you willing to take this next step? Do you need help preparing the document? I am willing to help you if you need it. In fact, this could serve as a useful template document for other 'canned' responses...

A blog may be in the future.

Tapped out

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I remember when Diane Feinstein became Mayor of SF after Moscone was killed.

She had the Backing of every Major Political Organization. In her time as Mayor, she Systematically alienated every group with the Exception of her Cronies who got Rich of Feinstein's agenda. And left SF a Wreck.

It was clear then that SF was merely a Steeping Stone for Feinstein's Unquenchable Lust for Power.

When you look up "Crooked Narcissist Politian" in the Dictionary, her picture is going to be next to the Description.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
H. G. Wells believed in a world state run by the smartest (not richest or most powerful) people in society; i.e., scientists. Instead we're represented and governed by mostly lawyers who don't really understand, or care to understand, how our earth, and physical reality as a whole, works.

If our species were governed by science and scientists, I doubt we'd be having any of these debates or conflicts.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
So I should expect to read about partisan politics on a vape site? Posts calling Feinstein a communist do nothing to help our cause. The over the top partisanship will only create a schism in the vaping community. Due to some of the views I've read from members of the CASAA on this site, I would never support the organization. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If you support progressives like DF you support nanny state. That means you support your rulers to tell you what you can and can't do. It is simple as that. When they tell you that you can't do something, remember it was you who put them in office. Sorry you get upset when facts are pointed out but it is what it is.

Republicans have their faults too, like corporate welfare and trying to control an individual's choice in who they marry etc etc. I am equal opportunity when it comes to bashing political parties but this thread is about a women who thinks she knows better than we do. She is a progressive and progressives are in lock step with communist ideology.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
If you support progressives like DF you support nanny state. That means you support your rulers to tell you what you can and can't do. It is simple as that. When they tell you that you can't do something, remember it was you who put them in office. Sorry you get upset when facts are pointed out but it is what it is.

Republicans have their faults too, like corporate welfare and trying to control an individual's choice in who they marry etc etc. I am equal opportunity when it comes to bashing political parties but this thread is about a women who thinks she knows better than we do. She is a progressive and progressives are in lock step with communist ideology.

What's wrong with Communist ideology? That everyone should live equally good lives? Don't forget that it's our Capitalism that has created the poor and homeless and has essentially eliminated the middle class. And as much as I support democracy, you've got to admit it has led to stupid people electing stupid leaders into power.

Not trying to derail the thread, I just can't stand when people bash Communism, which has it's dangers, and ignore the equally destructive nature of Capitalism.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
No..not necessarily optimism. I just prefer to freak out when there is an imminent reason to freak out.

I picture politicians literally standing on a fence with a bucket in each hand. They'll fall on the side that ways down a bucket the most. If she said she was going one way or the other - lobbyist might slow the flow of favors and kickbacks. I see the statement as the usual thinly veiled auctioneering of policy. So, my assessment basically leaves me in the same holding pattern (in regards to "freaking out") that you find yourself in.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Due to some of the views I've read from members of the CASAA on this site, I would never support the organization. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
You won't join an organization when you don't agree with some of the members political views?
That doesn't leave very many organizations in this world that you can join.

Last edited:

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
What's wrong with Communist ideology? That everyone should live equally good lives? Don't forget that it's our Capitalism that has created the poor and homeless and has essentially eliminated the middle class. And as much as I support democracy, you've got to admit it has led to stupid people electing stupid leaders into power.

Not trying to derail the thread, I just can't stand when people bash Communism, which has it's dangers, and ignore the equally destructive nature of Capitalism.

Capitalism created the greatest and most prosperous nation in the world. Any and everyone can succeed if they put forth the effort. We don't have poor people in the USA. Last I checked our poor are in the top 1% income earners in the world. Most all Homeless are drug abusers. Only those who wish to control the masses and lazy support communist ideology. Get out and work for it like everyone else has to.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
The DNC and lefty liberals along with their rhino friends have ALWAYS been the party of regulation, taxation and control.
They just love to dictate how we should live our daily lives and they have always made government larger and more overbearing every chance they get. The e cig issue is just one more thing they can regulate, tax and control, so don't count on seeing any support from the likes of Feinstein and her 'ilk'.
Rino's is a funny term to me. You can include somebody when they're beneficial then declare them Rino's when you disagree. Sort of like (insert religion here) calls out their own for not being (insert religion her) enough when they reach topics they disagree on. I don't get the people on the far right. It's as if they don't like the order their kitchen is in so they want to burn down the whole house. Like roads? Like Bridges? Nice having regulated air space so wrecked plans don't crash down on you and the one's that you love right? How much fecal matter do you want with your lunch? How much pollution do you like in your air, land and water? Would you like companies invested in commodities intentionally hoarding to create a false demand for profit? The last one was a trick question. Right now they get away with doing exactly that. So... who do you propose has the greatest chance of stopping that and other such insidious practices? The government should be our dog and we've been giving it too much of a leash. There is little consequence to their actions and working with private interests ensures their long-term prosperity. If you could make a lot of money with zero consequences and don't take it on you're a statistical anomaly. But as far as the bad dog government, it won't improve until there are negative consequences to their collusions. The Tea Party "heroes" in congress are no different than the rest of them. They manipulate the public to get worked up and fight each other over ideological BS while they dip into the till like everyone else. How many of them have promoted criminalizing collusion or separating special interests from the decision making process? Now, how many of them have actually tried to insert it into a bill?

Last edited:

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA

Take political party out of the picture. Look at the person, what they do, what they've done, what their actions show. Once you strip away the letter on their chest, they start to look pretty much the same. It's just that each "team" tailors the spin of their lies to appeal to different special interest groups.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Communist ideology does make everyone equal, everyone equally poor. Only the ruling class are well off. To think otherwise shows how clueless one is.

Yes, everyone in America is rich! Wooohooo! There is no such thing as an elite ruling class with a disproportionate amount of wealth and say! Capitalism rocks because old white men in suits says so!

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Take political party out of the picture. Look at the person, what they do, what they've done, what their actions show. Once you strip away the letter on their chest, they start to look pretty much the same. It's just that each "team" tailors the spin of their lies to appeal to different special interest groups.

You won't get an argument from me on this. Like I said I am equal opportunity when it comes time to bash political parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread