response from Senator Dianne Feinstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Yes, everyone in America is rich! Wooohooo! There is no such thing as an elite ruling class with a disproportionate amount of wealth and say! Capitalism rocks because old white men in suits says so!

When you have nothing play the race card.

My daughters god father is a black man and is a lawyer that makes 3 times what I do. You really need to get with the times.....

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
When you have nothing play the race card.

My daughters god father is a black man and is a lawyer that makes 3 times what I do. You really need to get with the times.....

Yep. Because I mentioned the race of the ruling class I played the race card. That means I'm wrong and Capitalism still rocks! Go Capitalism!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I should expect to read about partisan politics on a vape site? Posts calling Feinstein a communist do nothing to help our cause. The over the top partisanship will only create a schism in the vaping community. Due to some of the views I've read from members of the CASAA on this site, I would never support the organization. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Which is it you Disagree with?

The Views of CASAA. Or the Views of Members.

In your own words: Not Supporting a Pro e-Cigarette Organization because of Some of the views of Members here on the ECF does "nothing to help our cause".

diggyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
So I should expect to read about partisan politics on a vape site? Posts calling Feinstein a communist do nothing to help our cause. The over the top partisanship will only create a schism in the vaping community. Due to some of the views I've read from members of the CASAA on this site, I would never support the organization. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You're not the only one....but I became a member anyway. The volatile members that you may be experiencing here do not represent the views and/or goals of CASAA as a whole, though I have also been turned off by some of the squeakier wheels.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You're not the only one....but I became a member anyway. The volatile members that you may be experiencing here do not represent the views and/or goals of CASAA as a whole, though I have also been turned off by some of the squeakier wheels.

I can Completely understand your position.

There are a Few members/member here who are a Little Over-the-Top about CASAA membership. To the point where they can turn people of to Joining CASAA.

But in their own way, they are sincere about promoting the Fair Use of e-Cigarettes. They just don't come across all that well sometimes.

But that is not Exclusive to CASAA. Or any other Organization for that matter.

The actions of an Individual to me does Not Diminish the Good Work that CASAA has done and Continues to do.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
What's wrong with Communist ideology? That everyone should live equally good lives? Don't forget that it's our Capitalism that has created the poor and homeless and has essentially eliminated the middle class. And as much as I support democracy, you've got to admit it has led to stupid people electing stupid leaders into power.

Not trying to derail the thread, I just can't stand when people bash Communism, which has it's dangers, and ignore the equally destructive nature of Capitalism.

Soviet Union
North Korea

As long as you are the top of the food chain, I guess everything is fine.

Gotta agree stupid people electing stupid people isn't much better. Once upon a time the US didn't have the government telling them how many pieces of toilet paper to use. Something we need to get back to.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
We should support regulation.

Agreed. But intelligent regulation, not the knee-jerk stuff we're seeing all too much of.

Safe ingredients? Absolutely.
Age restrictions on sales? No problem.
Safety warnings? If done properly, no argument there.
Businesses having the right to choose whether or not to allow it? Wouldn't have it any other way.

Banning it because someone may be offended? Screw them, some people need to be offended, they might develop some callouses and be able to deal with life more effectively.
Banishment to smoker's leper colonies because it "looks like smoke?" Problem.
Cowering and hiding because it will "re-normalize" smoking? Absolutely not.

XJ-linux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Once upon a time the US didn't have the government telling them how many pieces of toilet paper to use.

Sadly, at first glance, I didn't pick up on this as sarcasm. It sounded like something that some government agency or politician could have conceivably pursued somewhere. Then I thought about enforcement and realized it was impossible to enforce. I didn't disbelieve someone would attempt it because it was unreasonable, only that they they would not try it because it couldn't be enforced. Sad.

"Feinstein" and "ban" are synonyms to many folks - "They are trying to 'Feinstein' our <insert_objects>" is something I've heard many times. I guess California really likes her, but I just wish she was a California State-level official and not involved in things nationally. She's old and worth about $40 million, so maybe she will retire soon and go copulate with herself.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

"Feinstein" and "ban" are synonyms to many folks - "They are trying to 'Feinstein' our <insert_objects>" is something I've heard many times. I guess California really likes her, but I just wish she was a California State-level official and not involved in things nationally. She's old and worth about $40 million, so maybe she will retire soon and go copulate with herself.

It isn't so much that Anyone Likes Feinstein.

It's just that California has more people who Believe her Lies and BS Campaign Promises than people who Don't.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Soviet Union
North Korea

As long as you are the top of the food chain, I guess everything is fine.

Gotta agree stupid people electing stupid people isn't much better. Once upon a time the US didn't have the government telling them how many pieces of toilet paper to use. Something we need to get back to.

The Soviet Union wasn't really communist... it was right after the revolution, but as soon as Stalin took over it became something like state capitalism. Why Americans have such a biased (and ill-informed) view of communism is beyond me. They likely have never read Marx and simply base their opinion on the Soviets, which is just naïve. The "work to achieve" system assumes everyone is capable of the same level of work and achievements. We're in the era of modern science, where we now know that is not true. Some people are just stronger... some people are just smarter... it's genetics. How can someone achieve as much as their neighbor when they are unable (whether physically or intellectually) to work as much? Is that their fault? Are they doomed to poverty because of their genetic code? The fact of the matter is that we are not born equal. It is our job as a species and a civilization to create a system that balances this.

Being against what communism wishes to achieve (what Karl Marx wrote of) is to lack empathy and to desire to help no one else but yourself... the very definition of a sociopath.

Last edited:

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Some people do use "e cigarettes" as a cessation tool. I do not know if anyone has the true numbers on it but I would venture that the larger percentage of people use it as "harm reduction" AKA "habit replacement" therapy. Harm reduction is not new there are several variants of the model out there. My wife is a professional counselor and worked for a time in Harm Reduction.

Try Googling flavored Methadone, I guess they totally missed big pharma going after kids with the fruit flavored varieties of Methadone.

I hate modern media and politicians equally.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
The Soviet Union wasn't really communist... it was right after the revolution, but as soon as Stalin took over it became something like state capitalism. Why Americans have such a biased (and ill-informed) view of communism is beyond me. They likely have never read Marx and simply base their opinion on the Soviets, which is just naïve. The "work to achieve" system assumes everyone is capable of the same level of work and achievements. We're in the era of modern science, where we now know that is not true. Some people are just stronger... some people are just smarter... it's genetics. How can someone achieve as much as their neighbor when they are unable (whether physically or intellectually) to work as much? Is that their fault? Are they doomed to poverty because of their genetic code? The fact of the matter is that we are not born equal. It is our job as a species and a civilization to create a system that balances this.

Being against what communism wishes to achieve (what Karl Marx wrote of) is to lack empathy and to desire to help no one else but yourself... the very definition of a sociopath.

Just like the US isn't a true democracy. We are actually a representative democracy. You can get into the minutia of the type of government rule if you what. I am not. USSR was a Communist government of some faction. To deny that is to simply be an antagonist.

I tried to read Karl Marx. I stopped because I could tolerate it anymore. You may not want to hear that, but it is the truth.

Balance it to what extent? Who is the person to balance that? We are free to choose our paths in life. Some of us were raised in the not so nice places of American Society. Through hard work, my own hard work, these rose out of that life. (not that it was a bad life). Yes, some luck was involved, but 99% was hard work. Why on earth after bleeding, sweating and getting 4 hours a night sleep to work my .... off to pay for my own education and living expense would I would to give it away to someone who hold there hand out for cash. Don't get me wrong I give to those charities I believe in. One in particular is the Neediest kids of All. No you don;t need to know how much to give. No you don't need to know who else my family and I give or how much of total income. Frankly it is none of your business.

Why should someone live in a million dollar home that sweeps floors vs Zucky? There is nothing wrong with sweeping floors. I did it. I still do it.

I guess I am a sociopath. I will take that any day over being a Marxist or a Communist. At least I still have my freedoms. As long as I know Smith and Wesson, I will always have my freedom.

Bah sorry to OP. I did it again.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

Then don't support it. That is your right. I actually agree with you that some of the political posturing on this thread does nothing to further our cause as vapers. I wish we were not debating the merits of Communism/racism/Democrat V. Republican/etc. right now.

Despite your lack of support, and your (regrettable) view that some CASAA members have views so distasteful you cannot contribute, CASAA will continue to defend your right to vape. It is what CASAA does.

It is frequently done thanklessly. I support CASAA with my time and my money, since CASAA is a proven defender of our right to vape. I will fight alongside with Democrats, Republicans, liberals, conservatives, Statists, Libertarians, Communists, Whigs, and anyone else who will help out as best they can. I have my views, they have theirs, we set them aside in common cause for this issue.

Thank you, Diggy, for joining. You can do more to change the organization from within and participating than you can from the outside, in my opinion.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Sadly, at first glance, I didn't pick up on this as sarcasm. It sounded like something that some government agency or politician could have conceivably pursued somewhere. Then I thought about enforcement and realized it was impossible to enforce. I didn't disbelieve someone would attempt it because it was unreasonable, only that they they would not try it because it couldn't be enforced. Sad.

aye, sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread