Status
Not open for further replies.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Once I lost a pack of tube steaks in it for about five years: they were fine after I thawed them.
Cube steaks, right? Please tell me you meant Cube Steaks... :w00t:
Seriously though, I have a chest freezer that was "leased" from Schwan's years ago. When we cancelled service, they told us to just keep the freezer!
They didn't want the hassle of picking it up.
Ours is food only though, we have two upright fridges out in the shed dedicated to our beer collection and the nic goes in the freezers.
The chest freezer would be a good investment for storing your stock for the long haul.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
So now the FDA is causing excessive power consumption
(everyone buying new freezers)
global warming and a larger hole in the ozone layer due to leaking refrigerant. GREAT! Nice ability to keep your citizens safe USA.
Not to mention all the old nic that'll be dumped down the drain into the water supply in the coming years. But YEAH, nice work if you can "get it".
Lets sue 'em. friggin' no mind turdballs. Cheers.:):vapor:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Seems one of the lab reps has become my e-pal. Been giving me updates on how the hoarders and preppers are running them out. :)

Reminds me of blizzard warnings here. First, the milk is gone... then the bread. (But the liquor stores are always my first stop so maybe I'm just late).
What does your contact say about how his nic is selling right now? There are vapers besides me at work. The only thing they know about FDA regulations is what I tell them. I menitioned storing nic. They aren't ready to think about that.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
What does your contact say about how his nic is selling right now? There are vapers besides me at work. The only thing they know about FDA regulations is what I tell them. I menitioned storing nic. They aren't ready to think about that.
Nicotine is in plenty supply right now. But running out of flavors. My guess is most likely due to the herds of people trying to learn DIY overnight.

Reactions: ENAUD

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Nicotine is in plenty supply right now. But running out of flavors. My guess is most likely due to the herds of people trying to learn DIY overnight.
It's interesting to hear about this. Thanks for the report. I put nic in the freezer last year just to keep me calm. My flavoring solution is a very small percent of one flavor and no effort to be chef vape. The DIY section should be on the main list and not buried and the excessive flavoring practices should be countered with easier alternative approaches.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
OP: Thanks so much for the posts. I'm certainly willing to give NIC base vendors who sell a "finished product" more time to wrap their heads around the Deeming. However, I have a different view in some ways based on my reading of the Draft Guidance on PMTA

I just covered this in my blog post but let me pull a few direct quotes from the Draft Guidance PMTA. Bolded be me:

E. e-liquids 187
For the purposes of this guidance document, liquid nicotine and nicotine-containing e-liquids 189 (i.e., liquid nicotine combined with colorings, flavorings, and/or other ingredients) are generally 190 referred to as e-liquids. Liquids that do not contain nicotine or other material made or derived 191 from tobacco, but that are intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the human 192 consumption of a tobacco product, may be components or parts and, therefore, subject to FDA’s 193 tobacco control authorities.

F. Finished Tobacco Product 196
The term finished tobacco product refers to a tobacco product, including all components and 198 parts, sealed in final packaging intended for consumer use.

Bridging 1908
Ideally, a PMTA will include studies conducted using the new tobacco product; however, 1910 bridging of data from one product to another may be feasible for a subset of products or for 1911 certain types of studies.

Summary by yours truly who is not an attorney: If a vendor sells a NIC base in the context of a "finished product" they will need to get PMTAs at the appropriate time. And that's per skew so a given NIC base strength + various solvent options could result in numerous PMTAs for a given strength. I’ve seen responses that include assertions that a given vendor is already licensed to sell NIC base by a given states “Tobacco Manufacterer” laws. Since Federal law usurps state law I'm reasonably sure this won't hold water with the FDA. Bridging is interesting and could provide a pathway to reduce the huge costs and dozens of PMTAs but I'm not optimistic. Finally, please consult the complete FDA Deeming Regulation Compliance Calendar prepared by VTA (Vapor Technology Association).

Stock up! Stay Strong! Fight!

Last edited:

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
SeniorBoy, I share your lack of "optimism" regarding base nicotine sales and future legality thereof. These deeming regs are the equivalent of banning ammo for gun owners.

And I have zero expectations that the FDA will accept any PMTA's. This is their pathway to obliterating the industry. Just like it was in 2010, it's sad that our hopes will pretty much lie in the hands of one lone Federal judge.
(No, I have no faith in Cole-Bishop or HR2058 at this point in time).

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cube steaks, right? Please tell me you meant Cube Steaks... :w00t:

Nope, I meant "tube steaks." As in "hot dogs," as in "frankfurters."

Every so often, we make a trip north of the Cheddar Curtain to Wisconsin, where you can get honest-to-goodness German-recipe, skin-on tube steaks, which are nearly impossible to find in Chicagoland. We buy multiple packages of them and throw them in the freezer for later delectation. Ironically, that kind of tube steak makes the best Chicago-style hot dog.

Once, I found a package of Johnsonville-brand tube steaks buried towards the bottom of the freezer, just above the bottles of nic. The expiration date on the package told me that they were at least five years old.

There is a really good hot dog you can get in Chicagoland. Bobak's, a local sausage company, makes a gigantic, quarter-pound skinless veal hot dog. Needless to say, we've renamed these "Anthonys," after disgraced congressman Anthony Wiener.

Back to the topic I so rudely interrupted . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossum

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Nope, I meant "tube steaks." As in "hot dogs," as in "frankfurters."
Ah... got it. Sorry, it's a regional dialect thing. :blush:
I've never heard of hot dogs referred to that way, here in my neck of the woods, that means something TOTALLY different. ;)

Back to the topic I so rudely interrupted . . .
Nope, continue... apparently I was the one who "Rudely Interrupted".
I meant no harm @mostlyclassics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread