Returning to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
If they're banning the sale of tanks, won't that include the factory coils, too, that will be banned?
I recommend you buy an RTDA, RTA, or RDA, so you can make your own coils if the factory coils get banned.
Many tanks also come with a separate RTA, then you have the best of both worlds.

Prescient and pertinent advice for those in the US and some other countries, but OP in this case is in the UK, where e-cigs have been regulated fairly heavily in certain aspects but will not be pushed out of existence as in the US. For now. In fact, last I heard, the UK government was considering officially adding e-cigs to the list of smoking cessation tools.

Never a bad idea to learn how to DIY as much of your e-cig gear as possible, though, especially consumables.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
Also, if you buy a mod with an internal battery, it's a throw away. The internal batteries only last up to two years. I bought several iStick 50w when they first came on the market. They didn't last me even a year, and so the $60 I spent wasn't worth it to me.
Get a Hex-Ohm if you want your mod to last for many many years!! SX Mini's are also wonderful devices, from the M series to the ML, or Q if you want one with two batteries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @Nataliexxx and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

I am late to the chat here and I see you already ordered a Pico or I would have said go for the Alien Kit as it is 2 Cells and I get 10,000 puffs on a coil. Now thinking about it I have never changed a coil in my Pico but it does not get the use that my Alien does.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hi all!
I am thinking of returning to vaping after a good few years off.
I used to use the kanger protank 2 and then the protank 3 when it came out. I used to use it with a variable voltage battery and some sort of honey caramel flavoured juice from the alchemists cupboard.
The reason I went back on tradition cigarettes was I was having issues with the coils i couldn't find the right resistance. it was either too strong or no flavour at all or used to taste burnt.
I have been looking into buying a new ecig but have noticed they seem to have come a long way since I last used them.
If anyone could please recommend a good quality minimal fuss set up and what juices are good nowadays?
Thanks in advance
Natalie
Welcome and glad you joined. I'm an RDA user only. I don't understand why everyone is not vaping with these.
Might like to read:
http://vape-resource.com/drip_vaping/
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Nataliexxx

Apr 28, 2017
There you go, that is a good order for where you're at. Well, it's a good order for anyone-- those Picos are great IMO. Make sure to come back if you have questions when you get it. That is a good battery for the device, as well. Good luck, I think you'll love it!

When buying juice, I would recommend staying away from Max VG for a tank like that, but if you've already ordered and you got anything like that, it's not going to be the end of the world. The tank can handle fairly thick liquid, but I do try to stick to 70% VG or less and get great performance from that.

Also, if you remember what nicotine level you were using in the Protank, you should reduce quite a bit for this kind of device. Those coils will produce a LOT more vapor and the nicotine will absorb better. I would probably recommend 6mg in a tank like that for someone switching back to vaping, but you might want to get a couple of different strengths in case anything is too strong or not strong enough... just be aware that if you try to vape 10mg nic eliquid or stronger in a sub ohm tank it will PROBABLY be very very harsh, but some people like higher strength nicotine regardless of what they're using. Just something to know!
I really wish I'd logged on and read this reply!
Got my pico today. It's lovely and pink I bought 12mg like I used to use and it literally blew my head off. Far too harsh for me. Going to order some 3mg and 6mg after reading this. Will try and get 70%vg as you recommended!

Also I thought turning down the wattage would stop the harshness but it doesn't would too low wattage affect the taste of the juice because I literally cannot taste anything I just get a harsh whack in my throats followed by a coughing fit .

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
At a certain wattage those tanks may not work as well but for the time being you can definitely turn it down to see if you are able to get a more enjoyable hit. 12mg is definitely a lot for those kinds of coils and tanks. If you are able to find food-grade propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin before you are able to get new juice, you could consider cutting it down some. This will dilute the flavor too but IMO almost all commercial eliquids have way too much flavoring in them. This is subjective, though.

If you really like the flavors you have in 12mg you can also get another in 0mg to mix without diluting the taste at all.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
hi all!
I am thinking of returning to vaping after a good few years off.

I used to use the kanger protank 2 and then the protank 3 when it came out. I used to use it with a variable voltage battery and some sort of honey caramel flavoured juice from the alchemists cupboard.

The reason I went back on tradition cigarettes was I was having issues with the coils i couldn't find the right resistance. it was either too strong or no flavour at all or used to taste burnt.

I have been looking into buying a new ecig but have noticed they seem to have come a long way since I last used them.
If anyone could please recommend a good quality minimal fuss set up and what juices are good nowadays?

Thanks in advance
Natalie
As far as juices go, Heather's Heavenly Vapes has a great section of Naturally Extracted Tobacco juices. I've been vaping this brand since 2012. They also have a slew of other flavors like Dew (Mt. Dew) and Island Dream (pina colada). You ought to check them out.

Reactions: Nataliexxx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread