Reuleaux rx2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle eder

Feb 23, 2017
I just got this kit 2 days ago. The realeaux rx2/3 with 3 batteries in it. I poured 18mg nicotine juice inside, and gave it a shot. It burnt my lungs very badly at any watt and voltage. I tried it today, with 3 mg nicotine juice instead of the 18. Doesn't burn anymore, But it tastes revolting. Idk what to do, I just bought everything brand new. The coil can't be ur t out all ready?! I would love some advice as to what to do, I'm a newbee to vaping. What is the problem? Thanks.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi and welcome- sorry that you are having this problem! 18mgs of nic is pretty high in a subΩ tank! What tank and coil are you using? While I do not own this mod, it is more the tank, the coil and the liquid! Try a .5Ω or above coil like a 1.0Ω- sometimes this is all too harsh in the beginning- turn down the watts to 15w take baby steps!
Hoped the coil was primed properly and broken in slowly as a coil can burn out really fast- taste will be really bad and no way to fix it!
You Tube has many videos on vaping- watch some on your tank and mod- sometimes easier to watch than explain!

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Sounds as though you've had a dry hit. Without sufficient juice in the wicking inside the coil the cotton wicking will scorch and burn and taste disgusting. A little bit is usually no problem, fix the juice problem and you are good to go. To bad a scorching and the burnt taste will effect future vapes and the coil must be changed to cure it. Next time be sure to drip lots of juice in/on the coil, put it together and give it 15 minutes to completely wick properly. Make the first draw or two without pressing the fire button and then start with a very low power setting and work up from there slowly until you get a good vape. Expect it to change with different juices and even how you feel that day.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
By the way your Reuleaux R2/3 is called a box mod. What you haven't told anyone is what sort of atty (atomizer) you have on top of it.

"The realeaux rx2/3 with 3 batteries in it. I poured 18mg nicotine juice inside, and gave it a shot."

This makes it sound as though you poured juice into your box mod instead of the atty, which wouldn't be a good idea. :nah: (though I'm sure that is not what you did :lol:)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @kyle eder and hope you enjoy your stay but with what you have posted you did not mention priming the coil and how many watts so it sounds to me like you fried the coil or burned it. Time for a new coil and you should be on your way! Start lower than the minimum and work your way up in wattage. Now remember you did not provide enough information for a real diagnosis so this is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread