Reuleaux RX200 "Check Battery"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy42670

Jul 7, 2014
Boston
Before I begin I want to admit that I did not heed the warning of the USB charging not being the most reliable for my device

About 2 months ago I purchased an RX 200. I bought 3 brand new LG batteries, and I have been charging it with the USB every couple of days since I got it. The other day when charging via USB my mod was very hot, and then it stopped charging. I removed all three batteries and charge them externally with my nitecore charger, and even though all of the batteries are now fully charged the device still shows a blank battery bar and everytime I click the fire button it says check battery.

I shut off my device and check the voltage reading for the batteries and they read 0.00, 0.00, and 4.15. For some reason it will not read the other two batteries in it and it will only read one of the batteries as being fully charged, therefore, it is not firing. Everytime I click the fire button it just reads check battery.

Have I definitely damaged the internals of my shift, or is there something I can do (Maybe do a software downgrade) or something to fix this issue? I have checked all three batteries in my VTC mini and all of the batteries were completely fine so it has nothing to do with the batteries.

Any help or insight would be great!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I am not going to venture a guess as to what might have happened with those batteries, but it certainly doesn't sound promising.

If you have three other 18650s of the same type, you could throw them in the RX to at least see if it's reading them. I wouldn't use them if it's not a married trio, though... just check if it's the device or the batteries causing the problem.

I mean that's really about all I can think of. You need to figure out if the device won't read any batteries, or if those batteries were somehow ruined through USB charging. Once you get to the bottom of that, it will be much clearer what you need to do to fix it.

Alternatively (or in addition to), check those batteries in another REGULATED device, for safety reasons. If another device is saying they're dead, they're probably shot.

Reactions: SuperSquishy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread