Reuleaux rx200, Smok Cloud Beast too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
with a .4 coil at 40-45w it isn't so bad. :)

Exactly... and that's not too far under the 50W the OP thought was too much.

Lazy... sorry... could have said that a bit nicer... for people who prefer the convenience of premade coils. Better?

I've got the Baby Beast as welll (in the Alien Kit). And it's a fine tank. Only complaint is the small tank, but that goes with the size. Not good for under 40W though.

Btw Anders is a danish name for guys, but?

Last edited:
Reactions: smacksy

AndersDk

Aug 11, 2014
Danmark
Don't understand why you say the CB is too hot
Its true you can't MTL with these tanks but I run mine at 125w with 100% VG no problem at all..wide open airflow is plenty for a cooler vape at these higher wattages

CloudBeast was meant for clouds, like this pic I typically get at 125w.
In fact I like the clouds I blow on these tanks so much I put my RDA's back on the shelf..lol
And got two BabyBeast tanks too,
they are awesome as well..just my 2¢, :)

Hmm i have no idear how you are able to that, it litteraly boil in the tank at 90w with the v8-t6 atomizer, the throat hit is horrible and if i try a seccond hit it feels like my lips will melt. I have used all but one atomizer from a full pack, dripping them well and starting slow but its still the same.

My airflow is set to max, but that only helps a tiny bit.

I am starting to wonder if something in my setup is actually broken ? could it be the batteries ?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Well it sounds like you don't know how to vape Direct Lung yet... sounds Ike your puffing on it like a cigarette and not sucking enough cooling air thru it producing your so called hot hits, (lips melt?, Lol)
The CloudBeast is more for advanced people who like to blow clouds, not so much for a newbie who might have alot to learn yet, and what they might prefer in their vaping style/pleasure..or what equipment might work best..
Your RX200 is a great mod..
It will vape just about any attiie/tank with a 510 connector.
Subohm means coil resistance is below 1.0 ohms, usually requiring more power and produces a hotter vape than coils with a resistance above 1.0 ohms..
That said I would look at tanks like the Nautilus with a 1.8 ohm coil, and it won't melt your lips puffing on it at 13w.. good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndersDk

AndersDk

Aug 11, 2014
Danmark
Hey Just wanted to thank you all for the feed back, im putting my tank in the shelf for now, and trying something a little less pro. I think it might just be the way i "smoke" it thats wrong so something more low key is proberly the way to go.

Have to love internet, so cool that you can just ask strangers for help like this :) Hugs and big love !!

Britishdebs

Dec 4, 2016
XT1585 I also have the cloud beast and I'm not a newbie and I'm having the same issues with mine getting REALLY hot really quickly and I cant figure it out and I am super frustrated as I upgraded from a smaller tank and now I cant seem to be able to use this one due to the over heating issues. I do know you can adjust the NI and TI numbers but I'm not sure what are the good ranges to use in either of them, so here I sit with a tank I am dying to use and can't because after on and a half gentle draws it's hot or one hard draw and it's blister your lips hot. I would appreciate and help on how to adjust the NI or TI if anyone knows about those.
Thanks guys
Debbie

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
XT1585 I also have the cloud beast and I'm not a newbie and I'm having the same issues with mine getting REALLY hot really quickly and I cant figure it out and I am super frustrated as I upgraded from a smaller tank and now I cant seem to be able to use this one due to the over heating issues. I do know you can adjust the NI and TI numbers but I'm not sure what are the good ranges to use in either of them, so here I sit with a tank I am dying to use and can't because after on and a half gentle draws it's hot or one hard draw and it's blister your lips hot. I would appreciate and help on how to adjust the NI or TI if anyone knows about those.
Thanks guys
Debbie
First of all what coil are you running in your CB on what mod and power settings?
The .15 ohm V8T8 coils I run in my three are kanthel, and not a TC wire..
That said I run them around 120-125w in power mode.. (w)
I use the stock delrin drip tips as they are wide bore and don't get hot...even chain vaping the tanks don't get that hot, but juice level drops rather quickly blowing those massive white fluffy clouds...
CloudBeast is a awesome tank if you know how to set it up and vape it DL ..wish I could help more, good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: daviedog

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hey Just wanted to thank you all for the feed back, im putting my tank in the shelf for now, and trying something a little less pro. I think it might just be the way i "smoke" it thats wrong so something more low key is proberly the way to go.

Have to love internet, so cool that you can just ask strangers for help like this :) Hugs and big love !!
I wouldn't call the cloud beast "pro" exactly (a bit arrogant to regard cloud chucking as the "pro" thing by and in itself). It's a tank for people who like to use a lot of power and blow massive clouds. Nothing wrong with that, but it's no more pro than going for a lower wattage mouth-to-lung kind of vaping experience. Myself I'm somewhere in between.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I've used my CB baby on isticks, sx minis, mechs. With no undue heat with kanthal factory coils.
Finally settled on an SS316, with the RBA deck on a Sea Wasp .5 ohms,,40 watts.
As Ken said, not a pro deck. Rather easy to navigate.
If OP wants a new atty, that's cool. and again, not a TC topper. Stay in power mode..

Reactions: smacksy

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I generally do MTL at anywhere between 12-40w with other tanks.

I can't MTL at all with the TFV8. Makes me cough every time I try. I find that you have to do lung hits. With the 0.15-0.2ohm coils anyways.

Also, I can't get good taste/vapor under 80w with the provided coils. I find 120w is my sweet spot and it is the only tank I own (I have likely 50) that I run over about 40w.

The TFV8 is unlike anything else on the market IME and really needs high wattage and DTL.

I guess one could try installing a couple of 1ohm coils in the RBA and try MTL at around 0.5ohms and close the airflow a bit, but I haven't tried that yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread