[REVIEW] Movkin Disguiser Stick - A first time Hardware review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

abesh

Verified Member
Aug 7, 2016
Austin, TX
I was lucky to win a Movkin contest in the first week of August and I had was messaged that I had won a Movkin Disguiser stick that they were supposed to release on the 25th of August.

Today I finally got my hands on the beauty and Movkin more than made it up for the delay with a DHL express 2 day shipping from Hong Kong !

Disguiser Stick : Movkin

So I was neutral to the idea of this mod and having started vaping with an iJust 2 which I quite liked and I wanted to compare the Disguiser Stick with it.

The packaging is minimalistic but catchy with a content list and authentication sticker at the back.

• The Packaging : Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

VAXFxCO.jpg
But once you open the top plastic lid is when you really drawn towards the matte black battery (2500 mah) contrasting with the metallic silver of the base and the o-rings on top. The power button felt quite clicky and just raised enough for it to not look out of place at all. I noted that the battery button, though colored black had 3 LEDs behind it (two blue LEDS on each side with a red one in the middle) and they glowed in different patterns while turning it on/off and whenever any of the safety mechanisms were tripped. I thought a multicolor led would have been a better substitute.

The slotted tank guard [Beauty Ring] made of the same matte black painted aluminium as the battery is the next thing that your eye catches on ! The stainless steel JC22 tank (4ml) comes with the kit with a 0.3 ohms Kanthal wire installed and a spare 0.3 ohm SS316L coil. A really cool feature of the tank is the telescopic top fill system in which the top cap has a central screw-in post to the coil chimney which helps in refilling from the top without having to take off your top cap fully.

Right below the battery and the beauty ring is the manual, a gold braided pretty long USB cable and an aluminium ring. This is when it hit me that this ring was meant to go on the o-rings of the battery.

Another feature that took me by surprise is the Telescopic drip tip. The drip tip top seems to have been screwed on to it's 510 adapter and thus can be telescopically extended in length. This specially comes in handy with the beauty ring while using smaller tanks with it. Movkin would be able to confirm if the disguiser stick supports any 3rd party tanks though.

The Disguiser stick looks really sexy with the steel tank ! I wanted a mod for when I travel as lugging along and dripping RDAs are a little cumbersome when I need a quick fix. I think the Disguiser stick is a great candidate for a daily beater with its simplistically beautiful looks. You can always put on the beauty ring though if you need some added oomph to your setup !

Overall, I liked it a little more than the iJust2 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread